October 20, 2014 | 1999 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Metallic Eye Shadow in Champagne Quartz

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by JuliaSYarwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a neutral beige peach shimmer eyeshadow that I use as a subtle highlighter on my eyelids. Good staying power and although expensive, you get a big square for your money. If you are deciding between this and shimmer wash Beige, this is more pigmented and more peachy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by gracyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful champagne color! Very flattering on WOC! I use it as a highlighter and am NW43 MAC and 6.5 warm almond Bobbi Brown for reference. What the classic eyeshadow 'Bone' is to fairer skintones 'Champagne Quartz' is the same for warmer skin girls. It has just the right amount of pink in it which makes it adaptable to our skintone, blends nicely and is therefore very subtle and not so in your face like a simple golden highlighter would be!
Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows.I have blue eyes and pale skin, and this is simply gorgeous. It is very pigmented and the pan lasts forever. It's a shimmery pink-gold-beige color that is very flattering. I use it all over my eyelid and it looks so beautiful. I get complements all the time. Makes me eyes look bigger and brighter. It really wakes up my whole face. Very quick and easy to apply. I love the palettes. They're very cute, and I love how you can coose to keep them in their original pans or buy the palettes. No MAC eyeshadow compares to this, so even though it's a bit more expensive, I definitely recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2011 5:59:00 AM More reviews by fourkicks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I fell in love with Bobbi Brown lipsticks and long wear gel eyeliners and so I thought this would be a perfect eye shadow to try. I adore the shade and packaging - it's gorgeous - but it has some of the worst staying power I've ever experienced. Considering the price, I can't give this anything but a 1.

Within about an hour and a half, the eye shadow has disappeared from my eyelids and is only visible in the crease in lines. Now, I don't really have very oily eyelids, and since I use primer anyway, this does not happen with other brands of eye shadow.

I was utterly disappointed. I really wanted to love it like I do with some of their other products, but this was definitely not for me. Can not recommend. I bought BB make-up with my best friend at the same time and she got a different eye shadow. However, we both experienced the exact same thing! Bizarre. Will not use or purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ari496

i really love this eyeshadow. i get so many complements. its such a beautiful rose gold color with some shimmer. it looks great with my blue eyes. i would recommend this to anyone with blue eyes. it just really brings them out and defines them and wakes up your whole face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this eyeshadow based on a rec from the m/u board, and boy am I glad I did! I've been looking for a champagne eyeshadow that I can use as a wash to brighten my lid for a while. I had settled for mac all that glitters, but I always wanted something a little more pink and less golden. In my search I tried mac naked lunch, jest, stila kitten, ud sin etc... but they looked a little off (too cool) on my nc40/42 skintone. Champagne quartz is just what I had been looking for. It's a shimmery golden beige pink. Like the reviewer below me mentioned the pink doesn't show up too much once on my lids, but it is enough to really brighten my eyes and give a nice wide awake look. It is also warm enough that it doesn't look ashy. Even though this is called a metallic eyeshadow, the shimmer is very fine and smooth. It only looks metallic if I do several layers. If and when I hit pan, I will definitely repurchase. If you have tan skin and have been looking for a brightening eyeshadow, give champagne quartz a try! I seriously do not know how this shade isn't more popular!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

To me this is a true champagne shade and I don't see the pink once its on my eyes, which I like. This is a great everyday look. I'm so glad I purchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by skimcap

A fabulous light dusty rose champagne shade with a hint of gold shimmer. I often wear this with my HG base shadow Bobbi Brown Bone Shimmer for a subtle day time glow. This shadow blends beautifully and has amazing wear life.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just want to get this out of the way: The BB naming conventions are bizarre. This eyeshadow is described as a "champagne pink", but I see no pink in it. Nor do I see any obvious gold, which is the natural color of champagne.

I am fair neutral/cool with pink-white eyelids that show faint blue veins, so I applied Paula Dorf Eye Primer as a base. Then I put BB Cement in the crease and Navajo (matte) on the lid as a base with Champagne Quartz on top. I recently read that if you apply a matte under a shimmer, the shimmer won't settle into lines or draw attention to any crepiness.

The result was very verynice. The color of Champagne Quartz is similar to Stila Kitten (a color I have always wanted to love but just cannot make work), in that it is a cool shimmering peach, but much more subtle, without the obvious shine and chunkiness Kitten delivers.

The texture of this BB metallic is silky and lightly pigmented, which means it goes down soft and lets you layer for intensity. And unlike many other shimmer eyeshadows, it absolutely does not highlight any crepiness on the lid area, which is why I am a new fan of the BB metallics.

It's pretty but very subtle. It would work very well as an overall wash with liner for makeup minimalists, but I patted it in place with my MAC 239 brush and got a tiny bit more color payoff. I have also worn it in just the center of the lid over slightly darker colors (MAC Mink Pink or Px Mushroom). I think Champagne Quartz would suit both warm and cool-toned skins.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by mesclabassi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! I can't believe I found an e/s that I can finally like. I've tried everything to try and get a clean, nude eye without being too boring and this is it. The color is simple an brightens the eye area, but it's the beautiful smooth sheen on the metallic that makes it special. The mua at the BB counter suggested this to me after we tried the matte shell with ivory and asked her about the shimmer wash. She steered me away from the shimmer wash, saying it seems to work better on girls in their 20's. I've tried many other shimmers, frosts, etc. and they always made me look about 10 to 20 years older. This metallic smooths the lid and stays that way. LOVE IT! I'm going to get more colors.