September 1, 2014 | 895 users online

Gels/Soaps - Summer's Eve - Bath & Shower Gel for sensitive skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

My skin has gotten very sensitive in the last few years. Basically all of my skin has gotten sensitive, but mostly my face and lady bits have had the worst reactions. I have known for awhile heavily fragranced washes (I.e. bath and bodyworls) irritate my intimate parts, but in a pinch I will use them to shave. I pretty much had to stop that practice after I got a bad yeast infection, which I believe was a result of using BBW.

So enter me buying this one late night. It was embarassing and I made sure to go to the lady cashier, but the bottle isn't incredibly embarassing. I'm especially not embarassed now because this product is just what I needed. It doesnt burn and it works for shaving the bikin line. I didn't buy this for its "refreshing" properties because my vagina smells like a vagina. Perhaps it is cleaner, but nothing I have noticed. My lady parts just are not irritated and that is all I'm asking for with this product.

The packaging is pretty lame. I set my bottle above my shower on a shelf and mold actually started to grown under the clear plastic wrapper so the wrapper had to go. The cap also doesn't close all the way so that is sort of lame. Regardless of the packaging I will still purchase again.

The smell is nice and light. I don't want my lady bits to smell like flowers, fruit, food, etc. So this is nice and non-irritating.

Definitely worth looking at if you have some of the same issues.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by brownsonana

I really like this product. It has no scent! It makes me feel so clean and refreshed! Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I really like this wash. No scent, no irritation, and i feel so fresh and clean after using it. I think its a must have for every girl and the bottle is reallt cute and its cheap! I will continue to buy this for as long as I can!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This wash leaves me feeling cleaned and refreshed all day compared to no wash at all. I use this wash everyday sometimes even twice a day and I have had absolutely no problems with it. Every time I got buy the summers eve washes I always get different ones. One time it'll be the purple bottle, next the orange, after that the pink, and now I'm on the blue. I haven't had no irritation or reactions to these different types. Will be buying again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by pgloe16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I grew up watching the Summer's Eve commercials and as a child, would giggle when the name was mentioned, as a tween would joke "Do you have that 'not so fresh feeling'?" and as an adult, scoffed at the idea that we would need anything besides what nature gave us. I'd used various body washes and soaps for years with no concern about scent or a "not so fresh feeling".

Then I got a case of BV and even after getting treated for it, I could never go back to how I was pre-BV. I tried different cleansers, body washes, soaps, and even water only. No luck.

Enter Summer's Eve Wash for Sensitive Skin (Unscented). I definitely noticed a difference after a couple of weeks of use. I feel cleaner throughout the day and I'm no longer paranoid about scent. At around $3-4 a bottle, it's definitely worth a repeat buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

This whole review may be a little TMI, but I really want you ladies to know how this product works!
I've tried a few different formulations of the Summer's Eve Feminine Cleanser...They have one labeled "Bath and Shower Gel," and some labeled as "Cleansing Wash," which come in formulas for sensitive to normal skin. I first used the Delicate Blossom scent for sensitive skin, and I used it daily with no problems. It had a light floral scent and did not irritate me at all. It made me feel really clean and refreshed "down there," and really did help neutralize odors until the next shower.
The next time I got Naturally Normal, which is for normal skin. I'm not really sure how you're supposed to tell if your lady parts are sensitive or normal, but I assumed that mine were not super sensitive, considering I've had laser hair removal with absolutely no issues. I used this one every day just like I did with the Delicate Blossom, and I started having some big issues. General irritation, itching, and even yeast infections! I know it was this product causing it, because every time I went back to using this every day, I'd get another yeast infection. Not fun! And yes, trust me, I was only using this externally as directed! I tossed that bottle and swore off Summer's Eve for a while, but I eventually went back and began using the Bath and Shower Gel in the Green Tea and Cucumber scent.
Now, I only use this a few times a week to freshen up. I feel like that is enough to keep me feeling clean. All of these cleansers also work well as body washes in a pinch, but I generally just use them for cleansing down there.
So yes, I do like these feminine washes and I will continue to repurchase them, but do be careful! If you use these daily and notice any changes or irritation, try just using this a few times a week. I get the same results but with no problems.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by yessicaaa18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this wash. I used it when i was younger [14-16]. then i stopped using all washes. about 2 months ago i started using the vagisil wash and i like it just as good. When i run out of that one i wll try the eve again. and come back and modify my review but for now i like how the vagisil makes me feel down there. Clean and refreshed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is HG for me. I somehow "crave" it...if that's possible for a product. HaHa!...I love the refreshing feeling it gives....like nothing else. If you are a clean freak like me....you've got to try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by lvstunnah06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for Summer's Eve Feminine Wash:

When I was around 6 or 7 years old, I first spotted this in my mother's shower. Thinking it was shampoo, I liberally applied this to my hair. Mom found this to be pretty funny, and explained to me that Summer's Eve was "not exactly meant for that".

Years later, after finally realizing what "feminine wash" means, I use this CORRECTLY (haha), and I love it.

Summer's Eve Feminine Wash is a shower gel meant for your lady bits. It leaves you feeling ultra-clean, better than any other shower product IMO. I'd like to guess that there's some sort of Ph-balancing ingredient that neutralizes odors, which is important because there's a whole lot more going on down there than a soap meant solely for your body can address.

I use the unscented kind, but there are different scents available. The consistency of the wash isn't runny, and it isn't thick either-- it's just kind of "there". This lathers into clearish bubbles and rinses away gently. And for sensitive-skinned gals: this stuff is both hypoallergenic and GYN-tested, so don't fret!

This wash is available at pretty much any place that sells your typical DS products: CVS, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. Have also seen this at grocery stores (in the bath and body aisle, obviously!). The 15oz. bottle is around $4-6USD depending on where you go, and there's also a smaller size available if you're just looking to try this out.

What started out as an innocent shower mistake ended up being a part of my everyday routine. While it may be a bit awkward talking about "lady washes" for some of us, I really hope this review helps anyone looking to try something different and perhaps a little more effective.

Thanks for the HG, Mom!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

This body wash is my favorite. I have the green tea & cucumber one. It cleans gently, smells good, is easy to use, has a nice consistency, and easy to use. I buy this at Walmart since they always have it available. It is great for daily use and I highly recommend it.