April 24, 2014 | 1560 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by griziebuu

I have Asian monolid eyes, therefore I like to apply my top lid with a thick line so that it actually shows - I also like dark and pigmented eyeliner that has great staying power. Waterproof is a must for me as I have watery lower lash line which makes it pretty easy for eyeliner to smudge (hello Panda Eyes!).

Purchased this in 1L, greyish/black that's charcoal color. Pigmentation was weak and didn't show up in a brilliant charcoal color that I was hoping for - Maybelline's charcoal liner for $10 does a better job than this.

When applying it, it's definitely creamy so it doesn't pull against your skin - about the only plus to this product.
Staying power? Hm, about 15 minutes. And then it starts to smudge while fading and ALSO smudging on the bottom lash line AND top lash line. Even drugstore products are better than this - save your money and go for Revlon Colorstay. This is NOT waterproof.

Definitely returning this and getting some other brand of eyeliner - I'm really disappointed as I'm not willing to fork over $18 for an eyeliner that doesn't deliver as it says it will.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2012 5:03:00 AM More reviews by michnich07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I truly hate this product. I got it in both white and black. I got the white for my waterline. The pigmentation is horrible and it doesn't apply well at all. I then got the black for my lid, thinking it just wasn't meant for the waterline and the white wasn't pigmented because it was, well, white. Nope. The black wasn't very black at all, and smudged a couple hours into wearing. Not worth the money at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Lizfanfera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this for a dance & a vaction hoping it would be a trusty waterproof eyeliner. IT IS NOT. A 1 dollar one from cvs would do better. I got the darkest color and it was badly pigmented. DO NOT BUT go revlon colorsttay instead!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by dawnwong

I just got this and so I can't be sure yet.

This goes on really easily which I like because I don't have to tug at my skin. The flip side is that it also smudges more easily. I'm not panda-eyed but the smudging at the bottom outer corners of my eyes is enough to annoy me.

Colour is intense which is what I like in an eyeliner. Removing is OK with a waterproof make up remover.

The plastic cap looks like it will crack and die real quick in the abyss that is my make up pouch but we'll see.

My eye pencil before this was the Make Up Store one and Revlon's Colorstay eyeliner. Both smudged less easily but were also more challenging to apply. I also use Mabelline's gel liner for evening looks. Comparing this to other two I use, I'd say I'd repurchase if I can get over the smudging. Otherwise, the cheaper Revlon & Mabelline ones seem like better deals.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Blockwitz7789

I used to wear this and buy it time and time again but I just won't anymore. It works really well, is waterproof, and lasts a long time. The problem I have with this liner is that it sucks to sharpen! I sharpen it and their is always a part that still has to be sharpened off...so I do and the whole chuck comes off wasting tons of the liner. I used to love this product but it's just way too frustrating to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Worth the higher than drugstore price to get an eyeliner that doesn't irritate my water line. I love it. Goes on so easily, wears all day, nicely pigmented and matte. It never transfers to my lower water line. It's not too creamy, so it doesn't have to be sharpened before every use, which makes it last months. HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I should start by saying that I have sensitive eyes and anything that even mildly scratches my waterline will cause them to tear up and turn bright red. Having said that, this has been a good find for me! It's super creamy, but sets well. It doesn't scratch AT ALL. The pencil glides really well, which helps make nice solid lines so I don't have to go back over everything multiple times. The pigment is good, but it could definitely be better. The black is nice and dark without being scary dark. It's a little pricey at $18 a piece, but if you like using pencil instead of gel/liquid, this is a great pencil to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Fate666

Fabulous!! So happy to have found an eyeliner I can put in my waterline without getting sore irritated eyes. Good pigment, good texture, hasn't smudged on me yet, and stays quite well in the waterline although I did have to re-apply after a few hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by suirporp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Totally overpriced and overrated product. It is NOT waterproof and does not stay on the lower lash line. It faded from my eyes after 4 hours of normal wear, 2 during a party. The packaging was also pretty awful. The liner detached from the wood-like pencil and kept slipping out after a week of use. On first application, the color is lovely and deep, but its total lack of lasting power makes this product a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by kedery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Best pencil i have ever used. It's easy to apply and doesnt run out.
I have got the 6L and the black one. I use it above the eye and under the eye. it doesnt smudge.