September 2, 2014 | 953 users online

Highlighters - Cover Girl - illuminator

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has become my HG concealer/highlighter :) For something to reach that kind of status (for me at least..) it needs to be the best of the best, irreplaceable, and something I use daily. This CG concealer is all of those things. Yes, it is packaged/marketed as a concealer, but this shade "Illuminator" is definitely more of a highlighter than a concealer for sure but can be used anywhere on the face for a bit of "brightening coverage" if that makes sense? ;)
For reference, if I wore MAC I'd be right around NC15 (fair/yellow undertones) -I also have very oily, acne(clog)-prone skin.
Before finding this, I was currently been having an obsession (*ahem, I mean search..* ;)) for the perfect cream or liquid highlighter. I have several powder ones that I like, but being quite pale, and having very large pores makes finding highlighters can be a major task (For whatever reason some highlighters definately seem to make my large pores look larger, whether they're applied under or over fndtn)
So after I decided I didn't care for how any of my powder ones (I have or tried in the past some of the most highly reccomended powder highlighters here on MUA - theBalm, Benefit, Laura Geller, NARS, HardCandy, Wet'nWild) but I really just could not get the look I was going for with any of those..So I began a search for a liquid highlighter. Until recently, the one I'd found that I liked the best (worked with my fair skin & didn't emphasize every single pore) is L'oreal's Magic Lumi Primer (I was using it overtop of fndtn, not like a primer) -and while its nice, if I'm not careful with it, I find it very easy to go overboard with..
Then about 1wk ago I was going through all of my old makeup and came across this. Wasn't sure if I was going to give it to my mother, put it up for swap, or keep. I couldn't even remember when I'd purchased it or why it was in the "un-used makeup pile" anyway lol? So I gave it a go & realized it's SO much better as a highlighter than a concealer (which is what I'd originally tried it as IIRC) I immediately loved it! So I logged onto MUA & read the reviews & saw other positive things about this product, *but* noticed that the last review was in 2011.. and that there is a review from 2009 where the reviewer thought this item had been discontinued. My heart hit the floor, I thought, NO! I finally find a highlighter that I *love* and is inexpensive, please don't let it be discontinued! I first checked Walgreens, they had every other shade (fair, medium, etc) but NO illuminator...Then I checked Target, ugh, same thing. But then I checked WalMart & found it! They had 3 in stock (well, one was open & used *ugh* so technicaly, 2 in stock) So I grabbed up another & have used this every day since!
I noticed that it doesn't have the greatest "packaging quality" rating, and I almost gave it a poor packaging quality rating myself but then I thought about it for a sec. & realized that if this were packaged *any* other way, it just wouldn't be the same. It works so well because of the "stick" form that it is in -if that makes sense? I feel that the way that it's packaged actually makes it super easy & conveinent to use. It's also very creamy & a dream to blend. Just take the stick & apply to the areas on the face where "natural light" will hit, then blend with fingers or concealer brush.
I'm going to keep my eyes open for this product at all of my local drugstores & will update if my WalMart or any other local drugstore re-stocks this! (UPDATE, My WalMart store has indeed restocked this several times now so I believe it is *not* a discontinued product - yippee!)
I paid $4 and change for this lil gem which is just a steal. I'll definitely repurchase and highly recommend for highlighting beginners because I just don't think you can go wrong with this product :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by melanous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You can find this at WalMart now, saw it there today.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2011 7:06:00 AM More reviews by DeliaDelyons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I coninue to use this, though it's marketed as concealer, and that's basically how I use it. I put it under my eyes and along my browbone to wake me up. I was able to find it on drugstore.com, just got a brand new one. I was really happy to find it there, because I never find the Illuminator shade in stores anymore... cheap, not a major coverage type of concealer, but brightens my bluish circles and makes me look perky... I've gotten compliments of a general "you look pretty today" when wearing this... and I felt it was directly linked to having this in the inner corners of my eyes... I should really stock up on this...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 9:18:00 AM More reviews by barkercakes

I am pretty sure they dont sell this product anymore. I found it in a clearance bin at target but never saw it before or since. It is seriously the most beautiful highlighter! It comes in a stick form like their concealer and is just amazing. I will be sad if they dont make it anymore.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No