December 22, 2014 | 1851 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - illuminating bronzing powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by iluvMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really good product, I have this in Maui and I love it. The only thing I do not like is the button on mine broke so I cannot close it.

I would buy again once I use up the one I have.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the color Maui, which is a beautiful pink-coral color, give the skin this natural tan look and using the normal bronzing powder and then applying this illuminating bronzes gives you the most natural, glowing beautiful tan in your skin, I absolutely love this product, I also used sometimes as a blush and works perfect very natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Antigua and it's a great color for me (BB Warm Ivory 1 foundation). I'd never used bronzer before and I was scared I'd look like some cabana-cougar with orange landing strips on my cheeks, but instead it's a sheer glow of rose with just enough brown in it to distinguish it from my blushes. I like the look, especially as my skin is lightening as we go from summer into fall into late fall...it gives just enough healthy glow without looking fake tannish. Not a cheap product but there's enough in the pan to last me a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This is a good product, not a great one. I have this in Bali Brown. It's a really pretty golden brown.It has flecks of gold in it. It looks super pretty and sparkly in the pan. The strange this is, that sparkle does not really get picked up. When applied, you get more of a sheen. I'm not one for super sparkly products, but I guess I just find it strange how little of the shimmer effect you get when you use this. There's a lot in the pan. So, it will probably take a very long time to get through this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Marrrjjjii

I brought this illuminating powder just for the sake of it, I mean it looked good and I thought it would help sculpt my face more. And sculpt it does. Its a vet light powdery feel on the skin and looks natural but pretty! I have thus in Antigua shade which is a light pinky tone, which also can be used as a blusher? A litttle goes a long way. I like the effect of the product however it is quite pricey for what it actually is and I won't be buying it after its finished.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by therenegadebean

I'm Asian with fair skin that has very cool (I would say greyish) undertones and it's hard to find a bronzer that does not make me look orange. Aruba works fantastically on me, however, and has just enough shimmer to not look heavy (but still professional). There is a lot of pigment so I don't have to coat my face in the stuff and, though I use it daily, the compact is still full after a year. I definitely plan to purchase it again when I finally use it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by tanna83

Bobbi brown illuminating bronzer in Aruba....im a cool beige in foundation. I tried this at BB counter in myer and wore it around for the rest of the day. My initial reaction, I was astounded at the difference this made to my complexion!!! I am a single mum and always tired - after applying I looked rested and glowing. It stayed put for the rest of the day until i removed it. I then shopped around a little to see if this was a one off or if there was other bronzers like this one (i normally dont suit bronzers at all) I tried Nars Laguna, Stila, Estee Lauder, MAC the whole high end spectrum and NOTHING compares to the Bobbi brown bronzer. Do not hesitate to buy/try this. Also Nars are a bit sneaky with their packaging for Laguna but Bobbi goes all the way to the bottom of the pot! ***FEB 11 Update - for some unkown cosmetics mystery this product has "fused" together and I can no longer get a nice amount out with the same bronzer brush I have been using the whole time (ecotools) it's like it has literally become a solid brick and no product is being released.....darn think it has to go back!**

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is not your typical bronzer. Some of the shades are not typical bronzer shades. I purchased Maui, not your typical bronzer shade. It's a peachy-pink shade with shimmer that as I'm sure you've read in the reviews below, is more of a blush shade than a bronzer shade. I was impressed by the SA's ability to steer me toward Maui rather than Antigua (antiqua?) , my original idea. She astutely noticed that I have quite golden undertones and would need a warmer shade than Antigua. I use it as a blush and it works very well. The size of the pan is such that the price actually might be reasonable. I would be interested in trying the more "bronzer" shades of the illuminating bronzers. I think this is a quality product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Purchased this in Aruba - It's slighly lighter than my Nars Laguna so it makes it perfect for me in fall /winter. Just gives my aging skin that luminous glow that just looks healthy and natural. Regarding Antigua - it looks like rosy blush (reminds me of Nars Sin but not as much shimmer) but I just tested it anyways. It was NOT at all flattering since I am slightly blochy red in my face. Unless you have a porcelin complexion, I rec you test Antigua before you buy. Aruba though gets 2 thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the illumination bronzer in bali brown and bahama's. This is not glittery,, it's a subtle shimmer that is ok even on women 'of a certain age'', it gives a gorgeous glow and stays on all day. I just love both shades and am planning to buy one more shade. Not sure which one yet though. I'm a former makeup artist and I would endorse this product for everyone. Excellent quality!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No