MAC Lipstick in Siss

4.3

on 4/19/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Let me first start off this review by saying that on my skin tone NW45 this lipstick only will work with a flesh tone or dark lip liner. When I first tried this on, I looked a "hot mess" lol and was annoyed that I bought it. The undertone of this lipstick leans yellow and my undertones are orangey.

Yesterday, I tried it again with cork lip liner and it was perfect. If your around my skin tone or browner then I would only purchase this if your fine with using a lipliner. This is not a get up, swipe it on and go kind of lipstick.

on 9/2/2014 6:24:00 PM

It's a perfect everyday nude for my complexion.(caramel in Laura Mercier&nars). I line it with their mocha lip pencil and it stays all day while I'm walking outside around campus.

on 8/12/2014 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this out at the Mac store actually. I wanted a nude and the girl that worked there thought that this would suit maybe. But I've now realized it washed out my lips. It's nearly as the same color as my skin so I don't like it... It looks like I've put concealer on my lips.. And I'm tan, a medium I would say

on 4/21/2014 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my HG ls of all lipsticks!

I'm nc15 with pretty pigmented pinkish lips. Most colors just add too much pigment and are really not all that flattering on me.

I mostly stick to nudes but most nudes look Barbie pink on my already pigmented lips.

I bought siss because it was exactly what I wanted: a beige undertoned nude with no pink or peach undertone.

This is such a perfect lipstick! Just dark enough to not look like concealer lips, I use this as both a standalone lipstick or even a lip primer.

I wear this constantly during the summer it's my HG nude and goes great with a smoke eye.

In the winter it's not as flattering, but I learned I can use a thin layer to cancel out some of my lip pigment, then apply another color over. This winter I LOVED how this lipstick looked under mac hue.

Me and lipsticks never seem to have gotten along but I am so attached to mac siss it's ridiculous

This is definitely an underdog lip product. I hope it never gets discontinued.

on 12/12/2013 1:46:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

A matte nude that has no pink in it whatsoever. Excellent formula, and a very wearable color on my skin tone. It completely covers any of the natural pinkness in my lips without having to do the whole concealer routine, and looks great paired with a smokey eye. It plays really well with a variety of glosses, peaches and pinks look amazing when paired with Siss. If typical nudes give you a case of "death lips", try this one.

on 3/18/2013 7:29:00 AM

A really nice nude lipstick, very 60's. I use this with Spice lipliner, gives a very sexy result. This is not a concealer nude, this is a wearable one.

on 12/28/2012 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have caramel skin, my lips are more of a chocolate brown, this looked like I had mayo on my lips.

on 8/17/2012 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

After literally years of disappointment with searching for a Nude lipstick I have finally found my HG . I bought this lipstock after reading the reviews on here and decided to go for it. I think the big difference w/this lip color is that unlike other nudes which most of the time has pinkish undertone this one has yellow undertone and since I have a yellow undertone it matches perfectly!

If you are a NC42 or somewhere around that ...than this will match perfectly. (I also recommend hodgepodge lipliner.)

on 2/29/2012 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Siss is described as a muted golden beige colour on the MAC website and I would say that is 'bang on' - this colour is very warm, has a distinct yellow-golden base with no pink or peach undertones. That being said, I LOVE to combine Siss with MAC's Chicory lipliner - it creates the most 'Gorgeous' warm mocha/apricot shade and its perfect for a warm everyday look - this shade next to MAC's Mocha and Revlon's Sandalwood Beige are my 'go-to' holy-grail everyday lipcolours - I would go as far as to say that they are my 'signatures'!!!

on 1/7/2012 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my perfect nude! The reason I love it so much is that it has absolutely NO pink, which is so hard to find in a nude lipstick. I hate the pink in my lips, so I'm always looking for lipsticks with no pink in them, that will cover the pink completely, and this does it. I have a light olive face, and this makes my lips almost disappear, so I generally don't wear it on its own. I always use a lip liner, and I put some gloss over it, and it looks fantastic. My HG nude!

Recommended for Medium Skin