April 21, 2014 | 1253 users online

Treatments - Replenex Derma Topix Glycolix Gly/Sal 5-2 Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Kelbrat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm reviewing the Glycolix 5/2 pads, and the line in general.
If you've got combo skin, starting to age and get dull and congested, this is by far the way to go. Pricing is so great (skinwest.com or skinstore is where i buy it) and the stuff works.
I use the 5/2 pads a few times a week after cleansing with a gentle cleanser, so I don't completely strip my skin.
I use the 10% lotion on alternate days to keep it exfoliated.
I use the 15% body lotion all over. HG product. KP issues? Gone. Use it in conjunction with your regular body lotion ( I put mine on top)and you'll see a real difference in texture.

So I alternate my AHA/BHA routine and Retin-A a few x's per week and my skin seems to love the combo. Super soft, less clogged pores, and only a few breakouts that are mostly from my hands or cell-phone, etc. Price-wise, I'd try the line to see if it works for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by AndiSue1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These in combination with washing my face 2x's a day has gotten my adult acne under control at last! If you are only using them on your face cut them in half and they will last a lot longer. If you use them for your face,neck and chest acne use an entire pad. I had some real stubborn neck acne that nothing was touching and these finally got rid of them.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by jsATC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using Gly Sal pads on and off for several years. I've tried a few other acne treatments but I keep coming back to Gly Sal because they've worked the best and are relatively inexpensive.

Although my skin is oily and acne prone, it's also very sensitive. I can not use any treatments containing benzoyl peroxide, it makes me peel, itch, and flares up my mild rosacea. The Gly Sal, however, has never irritated my skin. I started out using it once every other night, worked my way up to nightly, and now I can use it twice a day with only minimal dryness on my chin.

The bumpiness and blackheads on my forehead have diminished significantly, and my main problem area, my chin, doesn't seem to get deep cystic pimples as often.

I would strongly recommend this product to other acne sufferers who have sensitive, allergy-prone skin or rosacea. To make them last longer, I cut them in half and usually only need half a pad for my entire face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 9:19:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these toner pads! I was a little hesitant to use a product that contains acetone, alcohol, glycolic acid, and salycylic acid on my face. Even though my skin is extremely oily and prone to breakouts, I tend to be on the sensitive side and my skin immediately reacts to products that are too harsh.

After using these pads for one week, I noticed that my skin was softer, smoother, and much clearer. My pores looked smaller and the overall appearance of my skin had improved tremendously. Normally, my skin has a course, bumpy appearance. After using the entire jar of pads, my face looks amazing!

Surprisingly, these pads are not at all harsh. Every once in a while, I will feel a slight tingle after I've wiped my face with a pad. However, there is no burning, itching, dryness, or redness at all. I use one pad in the morning and one at night. I will definitely be ordering these pads again.

Active Ingredient: salycylic acid 2%

Inactive Ingredients: acetone, ammonium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, glycolic acid, witch hazel extract, imidazolidinyl urea, polysorbate-20, purified water, SD alcohol 40B, sodium benzoate.