La Roche Posay Effaclar H Compensating Soothing Moisturizer

3.6

AQUA / WATER SQUALANE GLYCERIN CYCLOHEXASILOXANE PROPYLENE GLYCOL BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII / SHEA BUTTER CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE PEG-100 STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE PEG-20 STEARATE BISABOLOL TEA-CARBOMER AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE DISODIUM EDTA HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE TETRASODIUM EDTA XANTHAN GUM CETYL ALCOHOL STEARYL ALCOHOL MYRISTYL ALCOHOL T-BUTYL ALCOHOL CITRIC ACID TOCOPHEROL SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL METHYLPARABEN PROPYLPARABEN PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

It burns on my sensitive acne-prone skin, and irritates eye area too. Never finish the tube:(

I really like this product as it is indeed very soothing, definitely suitable for those who follow acne treatments since that is how I started using it and it is definitely suitable for sensitive skin.

However, I think that since my face gets dryer in winter, this does not do the job very well. I need to apply quite a bit of it and as a result i'm out of it even more quickly, which brings me to the next point. I don't like the fact that it is only 40ml and doesn't come out in a larger size. That said, most moisturizers are in that size spectrum. This is not the case only for wintertime as even during summer i'm out of it in 1,5 months or so and it costs around 10 euro, which is not super expensive but I can do without paying 10 euro per month for a moisturizer. The price though is not too bad given that it is La Roche Posay and pretty good quality. I am also not fond of its packaging since it makes it difficult to squezze out the remaining product once you have less than half left.

I have repurchased it many times and might do so in the future but for now i am trying out one from Avene.

"soothing", really??! this actually burned my sensitive skin. contains too much alcohol i guess. fragranced too. they really need to stop claiming that their products are aimed at sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is THE BEST moisturizer for acne prone skin. I have been using it for years. I apply it morning and night on my face, and it keeps my skin super hydrated, without ever breaking me out. I have tried so many moisturizers out there and have never found anything that compares to this one. My skin is hydrated all day, and never feels dry. It is really great, and I recommend it to any one who has acne prone skin. I love La Roche Posay, they are such an amazing brand. I also use Effaclar cleanser to wash my face. Thank you for making this cream! Please keep making it!!!

I have dry skin, but this stuff works amazingly. It has the sort of texture that means it gives a smooth, glowy finish and is perfect as a base before applying makeup. It really does sort out dry patches or skin that's a bit dull from the weather. Have already purchased a backup!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is heavy and releases oil after you apply it. From the other reviews it seems to contain some mineral oil in the product. However, despite the fact that i have acne prone and oily skin, it doesnt clog pores. It does feel really greasy and looks shiny though so I suggest you use it overnight instead. It isnt that moisturizing but still it does a good job not letting acne products drying my skin further. Oh and it contains strong fragrance as well so if for those who have sensitive skin you might need to test before buying.

UPDATE: this product becomes my hg moisturizer at night. It doesnt react with any acne products I am using (benzac, salicylic acid etc.) unlike CeraVe night lotion which makes me break out after using it after my acne treatments. The product claims that it is for oily skin weaken by harsh acne products so I believe that it is designed not to react with acne products. Oh I need to mention that the fragrance is still very strong, but it does not bother me now since I do not have any bad reaction to it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I have been using my acne creams that are drying. This cream is a great comfort for the skin, does not irritate or breack me out.
The price is great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin is sensitive combination-dry (basicly I have blemishes with dry patches haha) and many products break me out..
I started using the brilliant effeclar K (also by LRP) but it made my skin dryer than usual. So I bought the Effeclar H thinking it would be good. I have few products from LRP and was never disappointed..... Until now.

I used it ONCE at night, and the day afterward three "under skin" pimples started to grow.. And they were huge and painful, and didn't heal completely yet.. I never had those kind of pimples.

Reading the reviews here, I noticed that they are using some bad materials in the formula.. And many gals suffers from breakouts after using this. bottom line - DO NOT BUY!

I'm not going to even try it again, I hope I can return it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's an OK moisturizer, but It's not soothing - I had skin irritation twice for unknown reason (I think it was caused by overuse of azelaic acid cream), and it only reduced the sensation, as most of moisterizers would, but did nod reduce skin peeling and redness. It also leaves greasy feeling after use.

Nah, not for me. It is soothing and makes the face smooth but it clogs my pores by evening! And it makes my face shiny and oily. No.