La Roche Posay Effaclar H Compensating Sothing Moisturizer

3.5

AQUA / WATER SQUALANE GLYCERIN CYCLOHEXASILOXANE PROPYLENE GLYCOL BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII / SHEA BUTTER CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE PEG-100 STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE PEG-20 STEARATE BISABOLOL TEA-CARBOMER AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE DISODIUM EDTA HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE TETRASODIUM EDTA XANTHAN GUM CETYL ALCOHOL STEARYL ALCOHOL MYRISTYL ALCOHOL T-BUTYL ALCOHOL CITRIC ACID TOCOPHEROL SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL METHYLPARABEN PROPYLPARABEN PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This product is heavy and releases oil after you apply it. From the other reviews it seems to contain some mineral oil in the product. However, despite the fact that i have acne prone and oily skin, it doesnt clog pores. It does feel really greasy and looks shiny though so I suggest you use it overnight instead. It isnt that moisturizing but still it does a good job not letting acne products drying my skin further. Oh and it contains strong fragrance as well so if for those who have sensitive skin you might need to test before buying.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I have been using my acne creams that are drying. This cream is a great comfort for the skin, does not irritate or breack me out.
The price is great.

on 11/14/2014 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin is sensitive combination-dry (basicly I have blemishes with dry patches haha) and many products break me out..
I started using the brilliant effeclar K (also by LRP) but it made my skin dryer than usual. So I bought the Effeclar H thinking it would be good. I have few products from LRP and was never disappointed..... Until now.

I used it ONCE at night, and the day afterward three "under skin" pimples started to grow.. And they were huge and painful, and didn't heal completely yet.. I never had those kind of pimples.

Reading the reviews here, I noticed that they are using some bad materials in the formula.. And many gals suffers from breakouts after using this. bottom line - DO NOT BUY!

I'm not going to even try it again, I hope I can return it.

on 10/22/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's an OK moisturizer, but It's not soothing - I had skin irritation twice for unknown reason (I think it was caused by overuse of azelaic acid cream), and it only reduced the sensation, as most of moisterizers would, but did nod reduce skin peeling and redness. It also leaves greasy feeling after use.

on 10/14/2014 4:08:00 PM

Nah, not for me. It is soothing and makes the face smooth but it clogs my pores by evening! And it makes my face shiny and oily. No.

on 4/12/2014 4:49:00 PM

I would have given this product 5 lippies IF they stuck to their original formula. I use benzoyl peroxide which dries my skin out terribly and it took me a while to find this little gem. It was the only moisturiser that didn't break me out and also left my skin feeling soft and I used it for years. Recently they changed it to a "light weight" formula, and because I bought out all the original formula from every drugstore I could find, I finally ran out and had to purchase the new formula and..... I hate it :(. It doesn't hydrate at all and its caused me to break out. I'm really disappointed that they changed it and now have to experiment all over again to find a good moisturiser. :(

on 4/3/2014 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Update 2014-04-02: REFORMULATED in Europe!!! They have put ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE in it, it's high up in the ingredient list and is HIGHLY comedogenic!!! I've had my acne for 20 years and won't buy this again! Why put such ingredients in, when they could use for example sufflower oil or something else that is not comedogenic for most acne sufferers???? Is it too expensive??? Not acceptable! :(

Update 2012-07-23: Right now I've been using A-vitamin/tretinoin for my acne for over a year, and I also use the 10% BP some nights... All.this makes my skin really dry on the surface... So I tried this again, cause I haven't used it for a couple of years... But it does not hydrate or soothe much enough!! And of course its mainly suitable for the night cause it looks extremely greasy on the skin.... It looks as it must hydrate really a lot, but it doesn't.... Sad but true. So I take some lippies off.....

This is a interesting product! Ingredients:

AQUA / WATER
SODIUM BENZOATE
CAPRYLYL GLYCOL
PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
Last update : 07/2010

I haven't dared to try to use it every night, cause i'm afraid to break out, but i have used it maybe every third night. And still I haven't broke out. My skin is really, really sensitive and i have very easy to get pimples - there are not many moisturizers I can wear. But when the weather is like now, -25c' and snow, I really need something "more" than the usual oilfree moisturizer...

Still this contains a lot of stuff, and also oils and shea butter...so I use this a little carefully. But it is made for acne skin, so it should be safe!
I'll update if I break out! :)

Until than this is a lovely moisturizer. But it will make you look "shiny", so use it during night. :)

on 3/15/2014 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

It works great on my oily/sensitive/acne prone skin. It doesn't break me out and leaves my face feeling soft and moisturised but it doesn't make my face a greaseball.

I probably have to switch it out during the summer though, as it'll probably be a tad too rich for me.

on 1/18/2014 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I needed a good moisturizer to calm and hydrate my skin in the winter as I was having problems with dry patches and blemishes at the same time. However this moisturizer broke me out like crazy. I tried to use it several times but everytime I woke up with new and big pimples. I guess it's too heavy and poreclogging for my acne prone skin :)

on 1/4/2014 9:50:00 PM

This moisturizer does precisely as it says: soothes and compensates (presumably for dryness caused by acne-related products). My only complaint is the small size of the tube as, now that it is winter here in New York, I could go through one a month.

Over the summer, I had a terrible break out (that I am still dealing with). I had just arrived in the capital of (Western) skin care, Paris, and with some research on MUA and vocab picked up from the internet (to describe my problem to the pharmacist, in case it wasn't visible!) I headed over to the Pharmacie de la Cité for a remedy.

Background: my skin is very, very pale with red undertones and when I get pimples, they show up bright red and tend to stay forever. Though my skin isn't particularly oily, I do worry about products making me break out. Further, applying my little zit meds (Benzoyl Peroxide, and later Effaclar Duo) really dries things out.

A very nice, bilingual older pharmacist (who was just so kind) heard me out despite the large crowds and recommended Effaclar H. When I said, "well, perhaps Toleriane?" she - very French - insisted on the H). And so, over six months later, I am done with my third tube and wondering what in the world I will do. Because - at the time - this moisturizer wasn't particularly highly reviewed compared to other LRP moisturizers, I felt compelled to give my two cents. Though now that it is winter and I am running more frequently, it may be necessary for me to adopt something a little richer in addition to dear Effaclar H.