La Roche Posay Effaclar H Compensating Sothing Moisturizer

3.6

AQUA / WATER SQUALANE GLYCERIN CYCLOHEXASILOXANE PROPYLENE GLYCOL BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII / SHEA BUTTER CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE PEG-100 STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE PEG-20 STEARATE BISABOLOL TEA-CARBOMER AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE DISODIUM EDTA HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE TETRASODIUM EDTA XANTHAN GUM CETYL ALCOHOL STEARYL ALCOHOL MYRISTYL ALCOHOL T-BUTYL ALCOHOL CITRIC ACID TOCOPHEROL SODIUM BENZOATE PHENOXYETHANOL METHYLPARABEN PROPYLPARABEN PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

on 4/12/2015 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is THE BEST moisturizer for acne prone skin. I have been using it for years. I apply it morning and night on my face, and it keeps my skin super hydrated, without ever breaking me out. I have tried so many moisturizers out there and have never found anything that compares to this one. My skin is hydrated all day, and never feels dry. It is really great, and I recommend it to any one who has acne prone skin. I love La Roche Posay, they are such an amazing brand. I also use Effaclar cleanser to wash my face. Thank you for making this cream! Please keep making it!!!

on 3/10/2015 2:41:00 PM

I have dry skin, but this stuff works amazingly. It has the sort of texture that means it gives a smooth, glowy finish and is perfect as a base before applying makeup. It really does sort out dry patches or skin that's a bit dull from the weather. Have already purchased a backup!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is heavy and releases oil after you apply it. From the other reviews it seems to contain some mineral oil in the product. However, despite the fact that i have acne prone and oily skin, it doesnt clog pores. It does feel really greasy and looks shiny though so I suggest you use it overnight instead. It isnt that moisturizing but still it does a good job not letting acne products drying my skin further. Oh and it contains strong fragrance as well so if for those who have sensitive skin you might need to test before buying.

UPDATE: this product becomes my hg moisturizer at night. It doesnt react with any acne products I am using (benzac, salicylic acid etc.) unlike CeraVe night lotion which makes me break out after using it after my acne treatments. The product claims that it is for oily skin weaken by harsh acne products so I believe that it is designed not to react with acne products. Oh I need to mention that the fragrance is still very strong, but it does not bother me now since I do not have any bad reaction to it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I have been using my acne creams that are drying. This cream is a great comfort for the skin, does not irritate or breack me out.
The price is great.

on 11/14/2014 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin is sensitive combination-dry (basicly I have blemishes with dry patches haha) and many products break me out..
I started using the brilliant effeclar K (also by LRP) but it made my skin dryer than usual. So I bought the Effeclar H thinking it would be good. I have few products from LRP and was never disappointed..... Until now.

I used it ONCE at night, and the day afterward three "under skin" pimples started to grow.. And they were huge and painful, and didn't heal completely yet.. I never had those kind of pimples.

Reading the reviews here, I noticed that they are using some bad materials in the formula.. And many gals suffers from breakouts after using this. bottom line - DO NOT BUY!

I'm not going to even try it again, I hope I can return it.

on 10/22/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's an OK moisturizer, but It's not soothing - I had skin irritation twice for unknown reason (I think it was caused by overuse of azelaic acid cream), and it only reduced the sensation, as most of moisterizers would, but did nod reduce skin peeling and redness. It also leaves greasy feeling after use.

on 10/14/2014 4:08:00 PM

Nah, not for me. It is soothing and makes the face smooth but it clogs my pores by evening! And it makes my face shiny and oily. No.

on 4/12/2014 4:49:00 PM

I would have given this product 5 lippies IF they stuck to their original formula. I use benzoyl peroxide which dries my skin out terribly and it took me a while to find this little gem. It was the only moisturiser that didn't break me out and also left my skin feeling soft and I used it for years. Recently they changed it to a "light weight" formula, and because I bought out all the original formula from every drugstore I could find, I finally ran out and had to purchase the new formula and..... I hate it :(. It doesn't hydrate at all and its caused me to break out. I'm really disappointed that they changed it and now have to experiment all over again to find a good moisturiser. :(

on 4/3/2014 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Update 2014-04-02: REFORMULATED in Europe!!! They have put ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE in it, it's high up in the ingredient list and is HIGHLY comedogenic!!! I've had my acne for 20 years and won't buy this again! Why put such ingredients in, when they could use for example sufflower oil or something else that is not comedogenic for most acne sufferers???? Is it too expensive??? Not acceptable! :(

Update 2012-07-23: Right now I've been using A-vitamin/tretinoin for my acne for over a year, and I also use the 10% BP some nights... All.this makes my skin really dry on the surface... So I tried this again, cause I haven't used it for a couple of years... But it does not hydrate or soothe much enough!! And of course its mainly suitable for the night cause it looks extremely greasy on the skin.... It looks as it must hydrate really a lot, but it doesn't.... Sad but true. So I take some lippies off.....

This is a interesting product! Ingredients:

AQUA / WATER
SODIUM BENZOATE
CAPRYLYL GLYCOL
PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
Last update : 07/2010

I haven't dared to try to use it every night, cause i'm afraid to break out, but i have used it maybe every third night. And still I haven't broke out. My skin is really, really sensitive and i have very easy to get pimples - there are not many moisturizers I can wear. But when the weather is like now, -25c' and snow, I really need something "more" than the usual oilfree moisturizer...

Still this contains a lot of stuff, and also oils and shea butter...so I use this a little carefully. But it is made for acne skin, so it should be safe!
I'll update if I break out! :)

Until than this is a lovely moisturizer. But it will make you look "shiny", so use it during night. :)

on 3/15/2014 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

It works great on my oily/sensitive/acne prone skin. It doesn't break me out and leaves my face feeling soft and moisturised but it doesn't make my face a greaseball.

I probably have to switch it out during the summer though, as it'll probably be a tad too rich for me.