December 20, 2014 | 1625 users online

Moisturizers - La Roche Posay - Effaclar H Compensating Sothing Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by TiranG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is sensitive combination-dry (basicly I have blemishes with dry patches haha) and many products break me out..
I started using the brilliant effeclar K (also by LRP) but it made my skin dryer than usual. So I bought the Effeclar H thinking it would be good. I have few products from LRP and was never disappointed..... Until now.

I used it ONCE at night, and the day afterward three "under skin" pimples started to grow.. And they were huge and painful, and didn't heal completely yet.. I never had those kind of pimples.

Reading the reviews here, I noticed that they are using some bad materials in the formula.. And many gals suffers from breakouts after using this. bottom line - DO NOT BUY!

I'm not going to even try it again, I hope I can return it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Aug17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's an OK moisturizer, but It's not soothing - I had skin irritation twice for unknown reason (I think it was caused by overuse of azelaic acid cream), and it only reduced the sensation, as most of moisterizers would, but did nod reduce skin peeling and redness. It also leaves greasy feeling after use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nah, not for me. It is soothing and makes the face smooth but it clogs my pores by evening! And it makes my face shiny and oily. No.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Megan117

I would have given this product 5 lippies IF they stuck to their original formula. I use benzoyl peroxide which dries my skin out terribly and it took me a while to find this little gem. It was the only moisturiser that didn't break me out and also left my skin feeling soft and I used it for years. Recently they changed it to a "light weight" formula, and because I bought out all the original formula from every drugstore I could find, I finally ran out and had to purchase the new formula and..... I hate it :(. It doesn't hydrate at all and its caused me to break out. I'm really disappointed that they changed it and now have to experiment all over again to find a good moisturiser. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

Update 2014-04-02: REFORMULATED in Europe!!! They have put ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE in it, it's high up in the ingredient list and is HIGHLY comedogenic!!! I've had my acne for 20 years and won't buy this again! Why put such ingredients in, when they could use for example sufflower oil or something else that is not comedogenic for most acne sufferers???? Is it too expensive??? Not acceptable! :(

Update 2012-07-23: Right now I've been using A-vitamin/tretinoin for my acne for over a year, and I also use the 10% BP some nights... All.this makes my skin really dry on the surface... So I tried this again, cause I haven't used it for a couple of years... But it does not hydrate or soothe much enough!! And of course its mainly suitable for the night cause it looks extremely greasy on the skin.... It looks as it must hydrate really a lot, but it doesn't.... Sad but true. So I take some lippies off.....

This is a interesting product! Ingredients:

AQUA / WATER
SODIUM BENZOATE
CAPRYLYL GLYCOL
PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
Last update : 07/2010

I haven't dared to try to use it every night, cause i'm afraid to break out, but i have used it maybe every third night. And still I haven't broke out. My skin is really, really sensitive and i have very easy to get pimples - there are not many moisturizers I can wear. But when the weather is like now, -25c' and snow, I really need something "more" than the usual oilfree moisturizer...

Still this contains a lot of stuff, and also oils and shea butter...so I use this a little carefully. But it is made for acne skin, so it should be safe!
I'll update if I break out! :)

Until than this is a lovely moisturizer. But it will make you look "shiny", so use it during night. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

It works great on my oily/sensitive/acne prone skin. It doesn't break me out and leaves my face feeling soft and moisturised but it doesn't make my face a greaseball.

I probably have to switch it out during the summer though, as it'll probably be a tad too rich for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Herome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I needed a good moisturizer to calm and hydrate my skin in the winter as I was having problems with dry patches and blemishes at the same time. However this moisturizer broke me out like crazy. I tried to use it several times but everytime I woke up with new and big pimples. I guess it's too heavy and poreclogging for my acne prone skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by tollbooth28

This moisturizer does precisely as it says: soothes and compensates (presumably for dryness caused by acne-related products). My only complaint is the small size of the tube as, now that it is winter here in New York, I could go through one a month.

Over the summer, I had a terrible break out (that I am still dealing with). I had just arrived in the capital of (Western) skin care, Paris, and with some research on MUA and vocab picked up from the internet (to describe my problem to the pharmacist, in case it wasn't visible!) I headed over to the Pharmacie de la Cité for a remedy.

Background: my skin is very, very pale with red undertones and when I get pimples, they show up bright red and tend to stay forever. Though my skin isn't particularly oily, I do worry about products making me break out. Further, applying my little zit meds (Benzoyl Peroxide, and later Effaclar Duo) really dries things out.

A very nice, bilingual older pharmacist (who was just so kind) heard me out despite the large crowds and recommended Effaclar H. When I said, "well, perhaps Toleriane?" she - very French - insisted on the H). And so, over six months later, I am done with my third tube and wondering what in the world I will do. Because - at the time - this moisturizer wasn't particularly highly reviewed compared to other LRP moisturizers, I felt compelled to give my two cents. Though now that it is winter and I am running more frequently, it may be necessary for me to adopt something a little richer in addition to dear Effaclar H.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by nlegall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have to say this is a FANTASTIC PRODUCT. Since I have started using Retin-A my skin has been so dry. This product has been my SAVIORRRRR. I used to use Vichy but it stopped working on my skin and seems to just sit and not sink in. You can count on this stuff. There is no "film" and it plumps your skin RIGHT UP. I am in love with it and I am a moisturizer junkie. The only downfall is the size of the product they only give you 40mL of product and I have been using it day and night. It has been about a month and I am more than halfway through this bottle. Unfortunately I love it so much I will have to suck it up and keep forking out the doe but whatever, I am so glad to finally find a moisturizer that is so perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never really purchased anything from La Roche Posay before I bought this moisturizer. I was having an intensive hormonal breakout after discontinuing the use of my birth control pill, it made the skin around the sides of my mouth and my jawline just terrible! I went to Shopper's Drugmart and I happened to walk by the La Roche Posay section, I ended up purchasing their thermal spring water to use as a second toner (I actually LOVE this more than my former beloved Avene thermal water), the Effaclar H moisturizer and the Hydreane Riche moisturizer and the Derm AHA serum. This is a pretty big haul considering I haven't had any experience with this brand prior, but I have to say that I absolutely love each and every product I bought. La Roche Posay is a french pharmacy brand that is cheaper in price than what I am used to buying from Sephora, but it definitely works well and I will continue to use their products in the future. Now back to the Effaclar H...I use this as a night cream after I apply the Derm AHA serum, the two work fabulously together to renew the skin over night. The Effaclar moisturizer is quite thick but it goes on smoothly and my skin looks great in the morning. The combination of these products have really helped my skin to heal and it looks better than ever. I use the Hydreane moisturizer in the day time. I switch things up with other products but I am extremely impressed with La Roche Posay and if you are unsure about it, give it a try, and I cannot recommend this product enough!! <3