November 24, 2014 | 1013 users online

Fragrances - Stila - Jade Blossom

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Not a hit with me. First on it smells like a cucumber peel-off face mask I used to use a million years ago, right down to the glue-y bonding gunk. I can smell the green tea in there, but it is overpowered by that funny glue note, very sharp and somehow like hairspray. Dry down mellows it a bit, but the sharpness doesn't go away and even a creamy sweetness much later can't overcome that sharp glue-like edge. It gets two lippies coz it isn't totally wretched, but it sure doesn't work on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by nelson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was on the hunt for a kind of non descript perfume for summer that smelt light and breezy, i usually love heavy, perhaps even cloying scents like Fracas and Michael Kors so buying this is a real departure for me, but i came across it in a discount perfume store here in Melbourne for $20 which is a real bargain considering a 50ml or 1.7oz fragrance is creeping towards the $150 mark here in Oz which i think is kinda crazy! Would i pay much more for it though? Probably not. It has a mild and light soapy scent to it which doesn't seem to last, although it did occur to me that it may be one of those fragrances that others can detect long after it's lost on yourself (as well as being an awesome excuse to get a bit more up close and personal to someone you have a crush on so they can appreciate it's (your) loveliness, ha ha!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the crispness of this scent; it's a clean and fresh scent that's not too heavy but has good staying power. Perfect summer-time fragrance!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2008 More reviews by rebelwithcause

I have this in the 1.7 oz perfume and the lotion. It is a great crisp, clean, fresh scent. It has the right amount of fragrance, not overpowering, but not too subtle.

The lotion (as with the other Stila lotions) is not very moisturizing. The scent is also a bit different, but still great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 6:31:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had this little tin of solid fragrance and I was hooked initially b/c it smells fresh citrus and nice! plus the tin is too cute!!! its in metallic baby pink :) and the scent is calming for me. NO ONE can tell you've had it on!!!

Gorgeous packaging and nice scent! amount could be bigger, though.

Lasting power is alright, it lasts until the next day when I woke up...haha I bet the original fragrance would last even longer! I'd make a re-purchase but with the original Jade Blossom fragrance instead of this balm :)

P.S. I got the bottle version and I LOVE this smell!!! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

Love this fragrance but it's too light and doesnt last long!!but its so refreshing and cool!!!!!I just love it so much!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by RotaryGirl

I finally found a fragrance that my perfume-hating boyfriend and my scent-induced migraines can agree on. I want to thank lipglossjunkee for noting in her review that this didn't give her a headache. I loved what everyone had to say, but knowing that this probably wouldn't make me sick was the kicker, and I'm so glad I was able to buy something "unsmelled" and end up loving it so.

I have this in several versions now, the fragrance in both the 1oz EDT spray and the roll-on, and they're slightly different. The spray is sweeter, more floral, with less of the citrus, while the roll-on has more of a Green Tea bite. I like the Lemon Verbena body lotion out of the two I own (other is Green Tea), even though it's a bit of a candy-ish lemon, and pretty strong, it punches up what I find lacking in the spray, and as a body lotion it's okay, better if you accept it as a way to layer fragrance than for its moisturizing properties. The body wash has been my only disappointment, it's just weak and washed out (no pun intended!).

Overall, Jade Blossom is exactly what I want to smell like; clean, fresh, inviting, not a single note in there to distract from that. Nothing to offend, and the fact that it has little sillage is a plus, this is a "come closer" fragrance, something just for me and my boyfriend, who raptures now as he sniffs my neck, "you smell SO good". It lasts all day on me, but subtly, which again, is a plus in consideration of what I was searching for in a fragrance.

I'd take a lippie off for price if I had ever been able to find something similar in the d/s in the two years I've been searching for this. I agree that it lacks the stellar dazzle of what one would usually expect in a HG fragrance (and what one would expect to pay for that experience), but it does exactly what I want, and does it well. No dazzle, but nothing cheap and sickening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Jadekisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I Love this fragrance!! I am incapable of describing it, read below for a better opinion on the smell! But this is so gorgeous! Its a great everyday scent that is not nauseating yet different and interesting! As soon as i run out of my roller tube i think i will invest in the larger bottle!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by forgetfuljones

This is a nice, clean fragrance. It's completely non-offensive, and I think anyone could pull this off. However, there is nothing at all special about this. As a matter of fact, I have a feeling most people would turn their noses up at it if it didn't have Stila's name on the bottle. The staying power is zilch, and I know you can get something at Walgreens that smells just as good for a fraction of the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

My product is the 11g concentrated solid fragrance. Website describes this as "fresh blend of green tea, cucumber and lemon verbena".
Yeah...This is a casual, light, clean, citrus scent. Perfect for all ages. Perfect for summer. Perfect for purse. Very cute screw on top in PINK tin (reuseable!) Cute, cute, cute. Minus 1 lippie for the very short fragance life. Fades much too quickly but for what it is, while you have it, it's nice.
$7usd at Beautycrunch.com (orig price $20usd).