September 2, 2014 | 2196 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Metallic Eye Shadow in Bonfire

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by betabel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this in a swap and I am thrilled with the products in the palette. There is a matte cream color that makes an excellent base, a taupe shimmer that looks sparkly in the pan but is actually quite light on the lids,a gold, a copper tone, and a dark brown-black. I've tested all but the gold and find it's actually quite nice for everyday wear. It goes on so smooth and doesn't get powdery. My favorite is definitely the sparkly taupe- it adds just a hint of magic. The dark tone is great for crease too. Additionally, all the lip tones are warm and natural. I'm a huge fan of "Tawny", which is close to my natural lip color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

In the pan, this is a super sparkly bronze metallic eyeshadow. On my lids, it turns to a light copper peach with loads of shimmer. Very deceptive, LOL! That being said, I'm a sucker for peach shadow so I'm not complaining but that's not the result I was expecting! This shadow is full to bursting with shimmer so if that's not your cup of tea then I would skip this. That being said, I love this shadow and highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bonfire is described on the Bobbi Brown website as "bright copper bronze." I guess there could be a touch of copper in it, and bronze is pretty accurate. I'd call it a bright gold with a bronze cast. And metallic it certainly is. Very metallic. And bright. It's a pretty color, but I need to go easy on it and blend it with matte shadows. I'd call it more of a specialty color. I do love Bobbi's shadows, though. I have them all and love to mix shades. Edited to add: I continue to find Bonfire to be a very pretty shadow, but I can only use it sparingly for effect. And that's fine.