October 25, 2014 | 896 users online

Liquid - Almay - Smart Shade Smart Balance SPF15

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by xkylielovesyoux

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

well i just purchased this yesterday for about half off. when i first saw it, i knew i had to get it for the price it was! I used it last night for the first time, its defiantly NOT a full coverage foundation, but i feel it would be a could correction primer, so ill probably use it under my full coverage foundation for a little more coverage because i have a little acne, and redness. But i would probably re-purchase this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by veelui

updated-- i see what ppl mean when they say its too orange, maybe thats why its discontinued probably too many complaints, but it still does it job so i still give it a good rating

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let's just get this straight:
This is NOT a full coverage makeup. That is not the purpose of it, so if you're looking for medium to full coverage this may not be for you. However, I actually have become quite fond of this product. I usually seek a fuller coverage and started using this under my favorite foundation. It makes such a FLAWLESS look. I am so happy with it, I found it at Big Lots for really cheap but I guess I'll have to go buy more. If I'm not too broken out, then I will use it on its own. However, I've been beautiful results by pairing this with my favorite foundation. Try it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by jennmcd

I saw lots of negative posts about this product an today is my first day using it. I live on the beach therefore in the summer I am just looking for something with light coverage. I immediately liked the way it felt when I put it on an noticed that It did even out some areas as I have freckles on my face. The one thing I will say is that because it is so sheer I will have to still use a concealer in some areas. As I said, this is only my first day using it but for those summer days when you want something light, this is perfect.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by snowshoe73

I've tried the regular Smart Shade and the mousse version, so I figured I'd try this one. It's all right. The coverage is very light and can't really be built up well. The shade started off good but turned ashy after a few hours. It is supposed to "balance" out dry and oily areas of my skin but I can't say that it really had an effect on either. It definitely can't compete with rest of the Smart Shade lineup.

I'm guessing that this is discontinued: I picked it up for 75% off at my local Rite Aid, and I can't find anything about it on the Almay website. After trying it out, I can see why.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Jen5914

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is very dry in places but gets oily by the end of the day. It is acne prone with a lot is red under tones. I used the light/medium shade which at first seemed a little dark but then I asked my husband what he thought and he said "I didn't know you we're wearing make up" so I figured that was a good sign that it blended well. This product offers a medium coverage which evens me out pretty well. I hate thick foundation and I feel this one works well. I previously bought the Smart Shade Anti aging which is actually a little thicker then this one. For a day time on the go makeup; this is good. I'd buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have combo skin with freckles, so I have a difficult time finding something that looks good on me. What I am looking for: no shine, no glow, no sparkles, no caking, no obvious makeup. This TM in medium very good.
EDIT: This TM is good for sun protection, but it always oxidizes too dark and dries too matte.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by ila80

I don't like this stuff. It comes out whiteish gray (which is sort of cool) and then turns..... orangey. I got the lightest shade but it was way off color from my fair skin. It seems like a tinted moisturizer, but turns out to be worse. It provides little coverage. I'm pretty sure the cheapest foundation at the store works better than this. I have loved most other Almay products I've tried so I was suprised at my dissapointment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I wanted to like this, it seemed to have everything. Perfect match? Sunscreen? Balance skin? Well it was only ok. It comes out grey and then *sort of* matches. When it does match perfectly it just seems to go away...like is this some kind of tinted moisturizer that once you rub in the tint it goes away? The market it to actually cover better than that, and sadly it doesn't. Not only that, I wouldn't say it's the best moisturizer either. I don't remember if it 'clogged' my pores, but it did feel more stuffy and greasy then when I use my L'Oreal Bare Naturale powder foundation. I hardly touch this stuff. And yes, if you leave it, it gets weird in the spout, you have to shake it I guess. It's 'alright'. Not worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay first things first. If you are looking for a med-full coverage foundation this is NOT for you. I prefer using a foundation that it lighter coverage and go in with concealer in the areas that I need full coverage. My skin reacts better that way, because I am VERY acne/clogging prone. I have experimented with numerous foundations over the last year and this is the one that I reach for the most. I apply it with a duo fibre brush and stipple it in, and then buff. The one thing I don't like about this is the color. I bought mine in Light and there are some days where it will match the color of my skin and other days where it will just SO ORANGE. I have recently figured out its because I clean my makeup brushes every 3 days, and whatever pigments were left on the brush would make my foundation change the color darker. I realized this because whenever my brush was freshly cleaned is when the color matched my skin the best. So word of advice is to apply this with only a clean brush with no other remnants of pigment on it or else the color will be all wrong. But other than that I really do like this foundation. It helps to keep my oily areas matte, and my dry areas hydrated enough so that it doesn't accentuate flakes. It will not aggravate even the most sensitive skin! :)