July 31, 2014 | 1038 users online

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

made me an allergy ,a very itchy one :[

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Milicica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hate to bring the ratings down but this was a dissapointment. Applied religiously at the beach,reapplied and sat in shade when not in water,and I burned to a crisp. Same happened to my bf who is naturally dark and doesn't burn easy. On the tube it says it's water resistant but that's obviously not the case,and it stings when reapplied...last summer in same conditions we used Copperton sensitive spf50 and there was no burning or even a tan. Save your $$ and get something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I bought this & the face cream & it's a very good sunscreen. It doesn't feel heavy & dries quickly, I know it was more expensive than the DS brands but I feel it's worth it & the tube will probably last me all summer. Shame on me that I only apply body sun screen during hot weather--I know you can get sunburnt & sun damage (also skin cancer!) any time of the year... I heard that you should replace your sun screen once a year so this is a nice sized tube I can apply generously & next year I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Body SPF 50 so much better than the Face SPF 50 because you get 3 times as much for the same price! They are exactly the same ingredients apart from the extra algae. I don't need algae on my face anyway. So if you like to save money, or have better things to do than be shopping for sunscreen every month get the body one.

Compared to other sunscreens its similar moisturisation but not greasy and sinks in well. Non-sticky, if you have long hair like mine it won't stick to your face. Supposed to be water and sweat resistant which I think is true as it doesn't run into my eyes as quickly as other brands. I have normal to oily skin so I don't use moisturiser underneath. If you have oily skin you might like to top set with powder in the hottest days or when exercising as I do to prevent it running into the eyes. No fragrance to clash with your perfume or cause a photo-toxic reaction.

I have very sensitive skin, and this is one of the few sunscreens my skin can tolerate - as long as I wash it off straight afterward. The old UV-Response line in the green and yellow packaging was super greasy, stung and turned my face red but the new Sun line is a real turn-around.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Linneaus

This is quite a lovely product. It even works for my face which is prone to seborrheic dermatitis, and dries to be non-sticky.

The formula is exactly the same as the sunscreen for the face, neglecting the planton extract. So for shoppers who are in the market for the face version of this product, just buy this one instead.

The sunscreen is lightly moisturising and is best for dry skin. I applied it to my seborrheic dermatitis prone skin and amazingly it did not react. It has a low to moderate amount of antioxidants and cell-communicating ingredients and is suitable for face or body. Applied on the face, it's not particularly greasy and on the body it's reasonably un-sticky and un-greasy.

I prefer other moisturiser for the face that has a nicer feel and high concentration of antioxidants though this one is quite fantastic, but I use this as a hand cream and it is perhaps on of the best I've tried. Many products marketed as hand creams have little skin repairing ingredients or antioxidants as this moisturiser and even fewer have and effective broad spectrum sunscreen for you hands which are exposed to the sun as much as your face. Applied to hands it's thick and moisturising, but almost has a dry-touch quality about it, so there's no slipping of your hands whist driving or typing or holding an item.

The fragrance free formula has a slightly chemical smell, but that's gone after a few minutes. For those of you located in Australia, this product is unavailable and must be purchased online, the sunscreen ingredients, listed as SPF50 in America and SPF40 in Europe and Britain are roughly equivalent to SPF20 in Australia.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go to military sunscreen! I am a Naval Reservist and spent the summer doing 15 weeks of training. I needed an all over sunscreen as the military issue stuff is scary!
This comes in a sunny yellow tube and will not leak. I was really rough on this tube, throwing it in kit bags, cramming it in rucksacks in the field, sleeping on bags with this in it - no leaks.
The SPF 50 keeps my fair skin fair. I burn easily and I don't seem much darker after a summer of using this.
This is a white cream with no noticeable smell. It doesn't leave a white film - which is wonderful!
This is quite a rich cream and I used this on my face and body in lieu of moisturizer/sunscreen and it didn't break me out. Personally, I have slightly oily skin so I would never layer this over moisturizer or foundation, it would be too much. This has plenty of moisture in it to keep my skin fresh.
I also sweated alot in this and it didn't slide off yet my skin felt clean after a quick wash with soap and water or baby wipes, so it was easy to remove.
Lippies removed for being quite expensive and not available in drug stores.
This huge tube lasted me all summer and I continue to use this for my runs.
Well done, Clinique. Keep this up and I may convert to other products....

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by viverr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I, too, bought this product because it received a "Paula's Pick". The after-application feel is too greasy for me to deal with on a daily basis so I end up NOT using this sunscreen, which defeats the whole purpose of buying an "excellent" sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

I used it on my face & neck & hand & upper arm, takes a good 10 minutes or so to dry off (absorbed). I do not buy into labels, the face has the same skin as the face.
Sometimes, it still feels a bit tacky, in such case, I will use a little silicone primer on top & followed with the foundation/concealer routine.
As for any chemical SS, I will not apply close to the eyes. This large tube is going to last for a long while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

In Europe this has "only" a spf on 40 but it is still the same product.
I have been using this sunscreen since the middle of may, almost daily. Been using it here in finland but also on my trip to Barcelona-Spain.
I have problems with acne, I break out if I use wrong products, not only on my face but also on my body. I can't use bodylotinons daily that will break me out. The same was it with sunscreens. But on the same time I have a lot of acnescaring on my upper back/sholders that I super easy get sunburnes and red. So many times I have to choose breakouts or redness. I have used a sunscreen from loreal that was ok but is now discontinued. Tried a sunscreen from Paula's choise that broke me out and also got a bad sunburrn from.
I was abit afraid to try this, the texture is thick and creamy and I like more gel type of products. But I got it and I'm glad I did! My HG sunscreen for the body now. I have use this and havn't broken out from this, and I havn't got a bad sunburn. Cliniques faceproducts also work for me so I'm glad that this also does that.
Like I sad the texture is thick and creamy but also adit dryfeeling. It does take a few minutes so go in, it is weigthless but I can feel something on my arm when touching it. This doesn't make me a sandman on the beach the sand doesn't cling to it, and it is easy to wipe away.
A friend asked me if you get a deep tan from this, but I havn't. I got some color. I missed a spot when applying it on my trip to spain and that spot without this sunscreen is now much darker then rest of my body that I have the sunscreen on.
Paula Begoun gave this a expensive paulas pick for normal to dry skin ( the spf 15 face/body is a pick for normal-oily). I have normal oily but it still works for me. She also sad that the face version is identical to the body version, and yes I have tried this on my face and it is ok. No problems.
The only reason I got the spf40 was that I put it on befor going to work very early and have it on all day. The spf number is how long it will protect you, not how strong/good protection. So maybe next summer I'm going to try the spf15 face/body version that is more light.
Active: Oxybenzone (5%), Octisalate (5%), Homosalate (5%), Avobenzone (3%), Octocrylene (2.7%), Other: Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Peg-100 Stearate, Silica, Dipentaerythrityl Tri-Polyhydroxystearate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Caffeine, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Sucrose, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, C30-38 Olefin/Isopropyl Maleate/Ma Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Peg-8 Laurate, Sodium Rna, Phospholipids, Lecithin, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Stearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Maltodextrin, Ferulic Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by xtinapark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best sunblock I've ever used!
I tried City Block, Neutrogena's oil-free sunblock and other products but by far this is the best sunblock that does not make my face oily!
There is no guk-ky feeling and no sticky feeling!
If you are looking for a good sunblock over your foundation, THIS IS THE ONE FOR YOu!