July 22, 2014 | 1300 users online

Treatments (Face) - manuka honey

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by blissful86

Manuka honey has made a dramatic difference in my skin!

I used ot suffer from acne prone and dry skin- ever since using manuka honey as a face wash every morning I have notice that my skin has improved. If I do break out with 1-2 pimples on my face it quickly shrinks by the continuation of honey wash everyday.

Be patient and start by using it every morning and see how you go. At night time I just a use a facial scrub to clean and remove make up or dirt etc.

Definitely reccomend HONEY it is the best thing I have ever used on my face- never going back to anything esle.

My skin is glowing, pores are shrinking and it seems my wrinkles are slowlying become more fine and less visible.

WORTH IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by gracejones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been suffering from perioral dermatitis now for almost 2 years. I took antibiotics which temporarily cleared it up but when I stopped it came back worse.

Manuka honey has really cleared it up, up to 98% gone. Plus it has made my skin unbelievably soft, even and radiant.

I put a layer of manuka honey on my face, let it sit for 10-30 minutes then wash it off, tone with ACV diluted in water, soak any problem areas in pure ACV, then apply coconut oil as a moisturizer and I dab pure manuka on any troubled areas and it helps to heal them.

I bought the UMF 25+

I hope this helps someone. Manuka honey seems to have cleared my complexion much better than retin-a ever did.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Charlottehannah9

Ok so I am writing this review on the first day of purchasing this product. It was quite expensive but I was desperate to find a product to help my acne prone skin and clear some of my scars. So I have used put a layer all over my face and left it for an hour and a half. Washed it off in a v hot shower and my skin feels ten times better already. It's so smooth and my moderate fading acne is no longer inflamed and red and it feels so clean, it's too early to see a reduction in the scars but so far after one use I am very impressed! Don't forget to scrape your hair right back as it's sticky! Highly recommend so far- I will update....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by screensiren

I love to use this as a mask! extremely gentle. Great for acne prone skin, helped clear up my face a lot

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by dyanp989

I've had chronically chapped lips ever since i can remember. I have tried somany products the sephora sa has given upon me. During a particularly rough patch, i went to the doctor. Apparently some chapped lips are caused by bacteria, who knew?

She suggested a 50/50 mix of manuka honey and a heavy oil product (like vaseline, aquafor or coconut oil). The oil is just to reduce the stickiness and give it some staying power. (Aquafor is working great for me, i found the coconut oil vanish way too quickly.

Worked like a charm! I may even be able to wear lipstick soon, something i haven't done since i was a kid. i'm thrilled!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by nimzies

What is Manuka Honey?

Made only from the nectar of manuka flower in New Zealand. Manuka honey is unique in the honey world for its highly stable antibacterial ability, or "UMF" (unique manuka factor). This registered trademark highlights manuka honey’s superior action due to a very robust antiseptic agent that retains its antibacterial properties even after exposure to heat, light and water. It is this factor that sets manuka honey apart from other honeys, which rely on the less stable “peroxide activity” for their antibacterial value. Extensive research findings support manuka honey’s many therapeutic benefits.

Manuka Honey Benefits

Manuka honey is a potent antiseptic with proven antimicrobial, antiviral, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal actions in addition to its famed antibacterial action. This makes it extremely effective as a treatment for a wide range of conditions.

Research shows manuka honey is beneficial in the treatment of gangrene, burn wounds, tropical ulcers, bed sores, diabetic ulcers, gastroenteritis and stomach ulcers. It's so good at healing infection that in many hospitals around the world now, Active Manuka Honey is used when nothing else works for treatment of antibiotic resistant MRSA super bugs, Bed Sores and other external ulcerative conditions

Manuka honey also encourages the growth of Bifidobacterium probiotic bacteria, indicating a role in indigestion.

I use active manuka honey in my home made face mask I mix it with egg white. I use it on wounds and its brilliant. I also mix it with a little lemon and hot water for colds. If you want Manuka for immediate medicinal use or preventative medicinal use, chose Active Manuka 15 + or more. For those of you that don't know where to purchase manuka honey, check out this NZ site that sells the real stuff http://www.healthpost.co.nz. Worldwide delivery. They have live chat and will answer all your questions, or contact them via facebook. www.facebook.com/HealthPost. They also have specials on their products, so if your lucky you might catch the specials for manuka honey

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by jesssparkles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a product that I would describe as 'subtle but necessary'. It is very healing and I use it in conjunction with harsh spot gels which really works well to heal scars and prevent skin damage. I use it as a mask and also a nightly spot treatment on scars, however there is probably something that works more effectively for that. However as a nightly skin mask, it really does work wonders. It brightens, clears and heals.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Trishelleskin

anti inflammatory, anti viral, anti bacterial, anti microbial, best mask ever. Moisturizing enough for dry skin and helpful for oily/ acne prone skin. Improves texture and tone. Assists in anti aging/ fine lines. Make sure you purchase one with at least an active 15+ or higher. This honey is used all over the world in other countries for many medicinal uses. AMAZING!!! I will never ever ever ever not have this in my cupboard. The price is a little high (around $30) but I rated it as a $5 because I would pay ANYTHING to have it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by DJ89

Had a really painful blind pimple pop up on my chin the other day and nothing worked to bring it to a head so then I remembered I had my comvita brand manuka honey umf18+ and applied some on the spot directly and covered with a band aid for a couple hours and when I removed it this evening, the blind pimple has finally shown its ugly head! Its also reduced in size and not painful like it was before! I've tried this for regular spots and general face masks and it hasn't been that miraculous but if u have a cystic pimple or a pimple without a head, this will definitely speed it up for u and it will heal in a few days rather than a few weeks! Make sure to buy real active manuka honey from trusted company's otherwise it won't be as effective.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

I will never ever ever not use this stuff. In summer when i persisted with this twice daily my acne scars, that have plagued me for years diminished. However i decided to get a clarisonic mia which sent my skin into a frenzy at first, but now it's okay and ive persisted with that ever since and neglected this :\ bad decision short term but i think long term it will be for the best. Atm i'm going to try and balance the two but here's how i got maximum results.

I steam my face open and leave this on for around an hour then steam it again with it on before removing it to get it right into my skin! So it restores and repairs with maxiumum effect and i do this morning and night. Then straight after whilst my pores are open apply a hydrating toner and repairing serum such as advanced night repair by estee lauder, and boom, my skin was really clear for months.

Then i got clarisonic went through the purging phase and now i use that once every 3 days as of recently, as opposed to everyday, and i'm going to repurchase this and use this every day i dont use clarisonic and try and acheive that skin i managed to acheive last year when i was using this religiously. Really good product so glad i came across it. I used 15 + but will go for 24 + next time :-) and i used the pure gold from holland and barret.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No