July 28, 2014 | 1781 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Moisture Surge Light

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by sassylatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be clear I don't know if I will repurchase - MUA doesn't list a maybe or i don't know option.
I like the texture of the product on my fingers. I noticed if I let the moisturizer sit on my skin without immediately rubbing it in, I get a strong tingling sensation. I am not especially picky about such experiences, as long as I get results. I've only been using it for a week. I cannot tell if it is improving my skin or not because I purchased several Clinique products. One or more is really agitating my skin. Now that I have stopped using the cleanser and toner, I hope I will be able to tell whether or not the moisture surge is effective. I hope it is because I need a good moisturizer for my dry, dehydrated skin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Amertine

This gel cream moisturizes perfectly my sensitive combination skin without being shiny at all. The application is really nice and easy and the product is easily absorbed by the skin so I can do my makeup immediately.

The texture is lovely ans so refreshing! I tested it just after a sleepless nigh in a smoky atmosphere, it really helped my skin to recover and it was like I had a real night of sleep. Magic!

I took some lippies off because of the pot -I'm definitely against that kind of package, even if it's nice to see it on a vanity table- and the price, as for all Clinique products.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2005 1:28:00 AM More reviews by gltdaisy

It's a very good moisturiser. Has a nice light texture, absorbs quickly, and moisturizes my skin well. FYI, I have combo skin living in humid weather country.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2004 1:15:00 PM More reviews by MkChic

Great moisturizer for those with oilier skin types! I have a few dry-ish spots on my face and this is light and soothing. It's a non-sticky gel that absorbs right into your skin. Best moisturizer imo

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2004 7:39:00 PM More reviews by SY1004

Nice for the summer.. good texture for oily/combo skin. However, you're able to find a product similar to this for much cheaper!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2004 1:28:00 AM More reviews by tracy73

It makes my skin oily. I cannot accept it. It gives me moisturizing when apply but after few minutes, my skin turns oily.....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2004 8:50:00 PM More reviews by bebe66

This one works quite well for me. It didn't sting at all, and I don't find it sticky. It is definitely 'light' and only for oilier skins that just need a drink of hydration, not rich moisture. I love this when I'm travelling: it's small enough to carry in my purse on the plane, the pump dispenser locks with no leaking, and it's great for rehydrating skin that's dry from flying. It's got no oil and no comedogenic ingredients, and it does have good moisture retainers (sodium hyaluronate) and antioxidants (caffeine, vitamin e) and soothers/hydrators (aloe juice). I think it's a high quality product and not too expensive. But you should test it first of course b/c it may not be for you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2003 11:14:00 AM More reviews by annelau

It's very good moisturiser. I used it 2 years ago, when I had very oily and sensitive skin. It helps to improve my skin very well. And its texture is very light and delivers enough moisture to my skin. I like it very much but now I dun have oily skin and this is not rich enough for me. That's why I say I will not buy it. Not because it's not good, but it's about my skin nature chaged.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2002 10:49:00 AM More reviews by appleqn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Where should I start? Which product is at fault for the hideous looking red patch still on my face after 1/2 a year - was it the harsh exfoliating scrub, the incredibly drying deep cleansing emergency mask, the stinging toner (type 2) or the burning moisture surge light?

After using the scrub, mask followed by the toner (as recommended), a red angry patch of inflamed skin appeared right under my nose. Thinking that my skin was dried out by that regime (that had never happened with other brands, before, eg Origins, Body Shop), I happily applied moisture surge light, thinking that it would sooth and plump out the dried-out area. Wrong.

It burned like mad. Stubbornly, I soldiered it on, thinking that my skin would get “used” to it after a few weeks of application. I know it sounds mad but I really thought my skin would adjust to it, after all, moisture surge is claimed to be allergy tested and I don’t have sensitive skin. Instead, the red patch just got worse and at one point, after applying the freaking toner over it, the patch turned a shinny, scar-like bright pink. I got the point.

I didn’t know that moisture surge was at the cause of it all until I read reviews saying that it caused other reviewers that similar burning sensation. Clinique’s moisture surge is incredibly misleading with its “allergy tested” tag.

And now? Still stuck with that reddish patch right under my nose. Lesson learnt? When a product stings, wash it off asap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2002 6:02:00 AM More reviews by glenda

This is my staple now. I'm definitely not a Clinique person and this is my first Clinique skincare I ever bought. Another Clinique staple for me is total turnaround cream. I think it moisture my skin well without the sticky feeling most moisture gel are having which I really hate. Absorb fast and with hyigene packing (pump dispenser). FYI, I have combo skin living in humid weather country. Haven't try the regular version yet but I believe I'll switch for winter times.