July 28, 2014 | 1977 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Shine #32 Frozen Mango

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGremlin

I love the way it glides on lips and gives an instant burst of hydration. Smells amazing too! But for the price I don't think I will be repurchasing as you have to constantly reapply and although the colour is a pretty nude it's very sheer and looks like you aren't wearing anything on your lips in photos, not that it matters that much but I like my lipstick/gloss to be a bit more visible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

I hate to be the first one to give this a less than 5 star review, but it just didn't work for me. I love the color of the lipstick in the tube but on my lips it just looks like clear lipgloss. That's not all that bad if not for the fact that it emphasizes even the slightest bit of flakiness on my lips. I love looking at the lipstick and I like it on my vanity, but that's about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by catpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I looove this lipstick!! I've only been into makeup for about a year and quickly jumped on the mac bandwagon. I'm beginning to branch out into other brands, so I stopped by the YSL counter today and instantly fell in love with this colour - I've been searching for something similar and didn't find anything in mac. The formula is awesome, i love the smell and the colour is so pretty. It's very expensive ($49 in australia) but it's way better than any of my mac lipsticks which are still expensive ($35 here). Kind of regretting not finding YSL sooner! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Msjuneday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always had my search for the perfect pale peach lipstick, and finally found it in this product. I love the texture, the color, and coverage. I think the packaging is fancy, but a little much to fumble with when I just want to swipe some lipstick on. Still, despite the price and very involved packaging, I'm completely satisified with this lippy <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, what color lippie do you use when you are sick of red, and pink, and nude, and you a a Plain Jane that has a hard time carrying off avante garde types of make-up? Frozen Mango, of course. So obvious!! Smile!

Frozen Mango is a lovely color, different from but related to nudes. I wore it all summer long with a nice coral blush (Chanel Tweed Corail) and I felt like I was not Plain Jane but, instead, Modern Jane.

Lasts just as well as any lippie on me - a couple hours. Guerlain KissKiss base helps somewhat.

I don't mind the fragrance or the taste. I like it. Like it, like it, like it.

Now, I am venturing into more of the Rouge Pur Shines. They are just the right speed for me - - -nice and sheer but more than a gloss. I detest most glosses.

Container is a hoot. Really fun, rectangular and with a matching color insert to make it easy to find the right shade of Rouge Pur Shine in your collection. C'mon, you know you'll end up with them all!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Tonii_M

I tried this lipstick on whilst at duty-free on a recent trip to Milan, it was lovely but I decided I didn't need another nude lipstick so off I went to the gate to board my flight. Quick touch up of powder and I realised how nice the lipstick actually was so, along with my wonderful b/f, I ran back to duty-free to pick it up - I'm so glad I did. I wore it all holiday and it is really beautiful. It doesn't have the best staying power and I don't like the packaging at all (not really a fan of square packaging at all) but overalll I would buy again. It's more of a peachy nude but I find it very wearable and hope it's not LE. If it is, I might need a back-up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Nerrisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I must preface this review by saying that I am in love with YSL lipsticks, and pale peach lipsticks in general, so I may be a bit biased.

Frozen Mango was part of the 2009 YSL summer collection, and I was immediately attracted to it. I hadn't yet tried the Rouge Pur Shine, but the color on the model was a beautiful pale peach, and it looked amazing. I put off buying it for a long time, since it was $30 (an almost ridiculous price for a lipstick), but eventually I caved.

I really love the color I get from this lipstick. In the tube, it almost looks similar to MAC Pleasureseaker (which, at this point, was my HG pale peach), but it's lighter and slightly sheerer. I get a very pretty pale peachy-pink (because some of my natural pigmentation shows through) that is perfect for summer. I do realize that this will look terrible on some people, especially those with unpigmented lips, but it looks amazing on me.

The texture is not exactly my favorite-it's just slightly too slippery for me (I perfer something like MAC Creamsheens), and the lasting power isn't great. However, unlike some slippery lipsticks, this one actually moisturizes really well and leaves my lips soft. And it has SPF 15 (yay!).

The only thing I really dislike is the packaging. It's a big, bulky tube.

I hope this isn't LE, because I plan on buying it again and again!