December 19, 2014 | 1650 users online

Styling Products - Ojon - Restorative Hair Treatment Spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

This is not a bad product. It leaves my hair smoother and shinier and has a very very light holding power.
I have naturally straight hair so of course it would not hold my curls if I curl my hair.
I think I might repurchase this product if they do something about the extremely overpowering scent. I usually have to spray and walk away or I would choke.
But to be fair, I spray this when I don't have time to apply leave in conditioner and it would leave my hair soft and shiny.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by shelly59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wish I had come here before buying this product. it is NOT meant for baby fine, medium hair, even damaged fine hair like mine. Made my hair very greasy, even with the lightest of sprays and it stinks to high heaven. And no hold. At. All. It seems to work well for others here, but maybe their hair is thicker/coarser? No idea. Also, it made me break out all along the hairline and my forehead ( I have fringe). Not good.

After 1 week I returned it to Sephora, who were very nice about taking it back.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by jaysf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing... my hair was like straw and felt rough to the touch and withing just one use (I got this today) my hair has been transformed into soft, manageable, beautiful hair. THANK YOU OJON!!!

This has a little hold, but if you want more go get some drugstore brand. To me this is NOT intended to give you hold... rather this is a treatment that allows those of us with dry, brittle hair to enjoy soft and manageable hair. I will repurchase this for as long as it continues to work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Purchased this as part of a set at QVC. Tawaka shampoo, cleanser, Pre Cleansing Treatment, and Restorative Spray for $49. I wanted something to add moisture and condition my dry, colored hair. I use this before I use the Ojon hairspray and it provides a light hold and shine. The smell takes a bit to get used to, but I find it fades a bit. I notice my hair is not as dry and shiny. It also helps curl to hold without the crunch. I will definately re-purchase from qvc for this price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Nice as a light finishing spray as there is not a heavy hold. I don't care for the smell, as with all Ojon products, but none the less great products! Bought 2!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by desha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went on Ojon spree at qvc and bought this. At first I thought it was too drying. But then decided to use it differently. I use this in-between shampoos when I roll my ends on jumbo rods. I don't overspray and use it SPARINGLY. It helps to set my hair although the spray is not a holding spray. Then I finish with my glossing/hair cream for shine. I'm African American so I always use some kind of shining product. Used this way it works for me. Even though I said yes that I would buy it again because there's no 'maybe' option. I probably won't decide one way or the other untill the product is almost gone. But if you spray underneath, it will boost the volume a bit. It's worth a try if you are looking for something.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by rishkin

This product definitely does not perform like a hairspray. I haven't noticed any difference in my hair since using this product, and the smell.....THE SMELL might just be the worst thing I've ever smelled!!!
I can't even use it anymore because just thinking about the smell makes me nauseous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of a restorative package on qvc with two other products. I really like all three products.

Unlike the other reviewers I do use this as hairspray. I only use hairspray on my bangs to keep them going to the side and not in my eyes. This does not provide a strong hold. In fact, I wish it was a tiny bit stronger but I just use two light sprays and that does it. My bangs are still very soft and they still move around a lot but the spray does point them in the general direction of the side. So, it basically works as I want it to work.

I could use regular hair spray and when I'm going out for the evening I do but since I need to style my bangs every day I prefer to use something less damaging. I like that this is supposed to actually be good for your hair, unlike regular hairspray which is, of course, drying. I have not noticed a difference in the quality of my hair at all which is actually a good thing since if I was using regular hairspray I'm sure I would have noticed significant drying.

I have very fine, very straight, lightened hair. Since my hair is lightened I think I need to be super careful not to damage it at all. I feel good using this product. It's the only styling product I use.

The only downsides are: It is very expensive for hairspray. It's like $27 per bottle but since I only use it on my bangs it should last a long time. Also, they don't stock it at Sephora. So, that means I'm going to have to re-order through QVC which means probably a $7 shipping charge (I think QVC rips people off on shipping) and waiting like 2 weeks to get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by emily9754

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. It has tremendously helped my damaged, dry hair. It seems expensive, but a little goes a long way, and you don't to use it more than a few times a week. It really is worth the money! And I've used just about everything under the sun!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I scored this in a swap and had been dying to try it since seeing it on QVC lately. It was in a TSV. Which was a great price but I didn't want all the items in the TSV. Just this one!

I actually like the scent. It isn't very strong and doesn't linger. I have to say this is the only Ojon product that I actually love. It isn't really a hairspray. When I spray it my hair becomes really soft, adds more shine and makes it smooth. I like how light it is too.

I read a tip on how to use it for volume. Which you flip head upside down and spray at root area. I am going to try that with it today. I will be sure to update this review. But this just might reach HG status. I hope that they launch it for regular retail sale soon.

info on it
This hair treatment spray from Ojon is a leave-in, finishing treatment that performs like a hairspray. Formulated for dry, damaged hair that requires strength, volume and hold without a compromise on shine.

Enriched with wildcrafted Ojon and Swa oils, Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment Hairspray infuses a nourishing dose of Omega-3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids that help to nourish dry, damaged hair. The flexible, light hold formulation can be layered throughout the day without weighing hair down or causing buildup.

Includes:
Restorative Hair Treatment Spray (9oz/255g/300ml - leave-in finishing treatment that performs like a hairspray)

ingredients
ALCOHOL DENAT, HYDROFLUOROCARBON 152A, ETHYL ESTER OF PVM/MA COPOLYMER, BUTYL ESTER OF PVM/MA COPOLYMER, ELAEIS OLEIFERA (PALM) KERNEL OIL, MACADAMIA INTEGRIFOLIA SEED OIL, ORBIGNYA OLEIFERA (BABASSU) SEED OIL, BAMBUSA VULGARIS (BAMBOO) EXTRACT, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN) EXTRACT, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, CARAPA GUAIANENSIS (ANDIROBA) SEED OIL, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, LINOLEAMIDOPROPYL ETHYLDIMONIUM ETHOSULFATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, DIMETHYL LAURAMINE ISOSTEARATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PHENETHYL BENZOATE, WATERAQUAEAU, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), LIMONENE, CITRONELLOL, LINALOOL

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No