April 17, 2014 | 1567 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I've got no beef with this product. I don't notice it drying out my hair at all, and it keeps my roots from looking too terribly apparent. It might work better if I used it everyday, but I switch up shampoo on an almost daily basis. My hair feels clean, volumized, and healthy. Plus, it smells great!! Not fruity, and not manly. Just...nice. I don't know what people have against this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought this at Wal-mart for $6 after my sulfate free shampoo ran out. It's about $30 cheaper than my regular shampoo and my recent blonde dye job was beginning to fade, so I decided to give this shampoo a shot. I've been using it daily for roughly two weeks now. I have actually noticed a difference in my treated hair, though I have noticed no difference in my untreated roots. This makes my hair notably brighter and more vibrant. It has sucked the life out of my more copper undertones, but I'm okay with that. It sort of makes my hair a light, almost lemonish blonde. I've noticed a distinct gold sheen recently. I'm going to finish this bottle and probably repurchase. This product seems to only work if used daily, which is unfortunate considering the heavy sulfate in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by kateeohh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have naturally blonde hair. I bought this product because I noticed my hair becoming darker and more dirty blonde. I hoped this product would lighten my roots. After using the product for some time, I didn't notice any change in my hair color. I also think that for the price, there should be more product in the bottles. Personally, I wouldn't buy this product again because it did not do what I thought it would for my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Kerrybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shampoo was absolutely horrible for me. It dried out my chemically treated hair (routine professional partial highlights) and caused my skin to breakout on my back, neck, and upper arms. I tried this shampoo for a few weeks and after I stopped using it, the pimples disappeared.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Ayla

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I initially like the shampoo and conditioner but after using it for a while at my last hair cut my stylist commented that my hair was a bit damaged .. Other than my normal coloring with a high lift blonde and regular trims nothing has changed so I'm fairly sure the products did the damage.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I bleached my hair, from practically black. My hair was very dark and people even thought I colored it black but it's just naturally very dark probably due to me being Latina and Asian. My hair color now is a light/medium blond and well I had to bleach it about two times to get it this color but I want it to be quite lighter, like when Kat Graham had her blond hair.

Now I've heard that this product had hydrogen peroxide but I've read it and it says it doesn't. I'm thinking they may have changed the formula. Now, if this product had hydrogen peroxide I think it would show better results to girls who are naturally blond and haven't colored it. The reason I say this is that when you process your hair, you open up the hair follicle or cuticle(not sure which is the right term) to either add in color or take it out. I've heard processed hair tends to open up(the cuticle/follicle does) and so I think that the lemon juice and chamomile in this product can actually get in the hair and cause it to lighten. This shampoo is in fact drying. Lemon juice is an acid and it can strip your hair of it's natural oil. The thing I do that really helps is to apply my conditioner on my damp hair and then rinse it out with COLD water to sort of close up the cuticle and keep that moisture in and it's been working so far, no dryness at all.
As for it actually lightening my hair, I have noticed about half a shade difference but I've only been using it for a week. The bottom of my hair it like a very light brown maybe even dirty blond and I noticed it's turning orange which is just a stage of lightening. If the lightening does continue then the orange tone will lighten up to a yellow tone.

I will continue to use this product and see how it goes

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by LinaJo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product really is great, if your hair is already blonde (natural or bleached/colored blonde)...

PROS: Does lighten the hair a bit
Smells pretty good (in my opinion)
Very easy to use

CONS: Does take a while to see it lighten (might a whole week of using it to see any results).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by gunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Did not lighten my hair to any recognizable extent (my hair is not dyed and is dark blond)
Dried my hair out like hell. Put it in the worst condition that it ever had.
Ridiculously expensive.
Does not even smell nicely. I cannot think of anything good about this shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Geuliet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This shampoo is extremely drying to hair!! My hair is very frizzy from using it and it hasn't lightened one single bit. It smells horridly nasty. It's like you open the bottle and a stink bomb goes off. Why I bought this, I have no idea. I just thought I may as well try it. Boy that was a mistake. I would defiantly go with a different higher quality lightening shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by betajuliet

Been using this with the conditioner for almost two months now and love it. It's not drying, and I started seeing results after only a few uses. Now I just need the spray (: