December 18, 2014 | 1771 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by kohana

I've really come to like this shampoo and conditioner! I've got naturally dark blonde hair, and this brings out the highlights. I like to have that shimmery sunny summer hair, especially now that it's winter and I'm not out in the sun. Love the color and scent of the product too! I also use the spray which gives you more lightening. i don't color my hair, so this gives me just a hint of brightening without having to subject myself to frequent coloring sessions!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by michelledwl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this- i have never colored my hair and I'm a natural brunette with subtle natural red undertones. One wash with this stuff and i could notice that it really brought out my natural highlights i had from the summer sun- and made them look as blonde as possible.

Its not going to deposit color in your hair.

You will not go from brunette to blonde in one use, or at all, really

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by kris4eto15

My hair is naturally dark blonde, but receantly I've noticed that it is getting darker escpecially on the roots. So I decided to lighten up my hair a little bit and I bought Go Blonder. After 5 uses I definetely can tell the difference. I'm mixing this shampoo with my regular one.But I do noticed also that my hair is more damaged now, which is really sad cause I like the product. Despite that, its worth the try.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2014 3:37:00 AM More reviews by dobravka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you're buying this with the intention of lightening your hair, but are not willing to use this product every day than don't bother. It dries hair out, and my damaged, bleach locks definitely suffered from this shampoo, and the matching conditioner did not compensate for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Millie43

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have naturally platinum blonde hair and this shampoo keeps it at its lightest! My hair is fine and the shampoo doesn't weigh it down. Overall it is a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by amy101985

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So far I've used three bottles of this shampoo but it wasn't until I switched to herbal essences Bee Strong that I realised that it was this shampoo which made my hair damaged. I have naturally blonde hair which has turned darker over the years. It's fairly thick but I think it is prone to breakage anyway and so perhaps I just need a more nourishing shampoo than this one. If your hair is very strong it may be able to cope with this shampoo. I heard about this shampoo through my friend who uses this on her bleached hair and said it keeps her colour vibrant. I thought perhaps this one would be better for lightening my hair.

I purchased this alongside the conditioner and lightening spray. Taking the lightening spray out of the equation, I don't personally think the shampoo makes THAT much of a drastic difference to my hair colour, but I haven't used it on it's own to know if it really lightens it that much. However, although so many people have said that it doesn't make their hair dry, I did notice that my hair was breaking a lot and I hadn't previously read any reviews of this product so I knew this wasn't a perception thing. I definitely noticed that my hair was splitting more and that I needed a trim more often.

And more to the point, I haven't used this shampoo for a very long time and my hair is very healthy. But I tried it again last night to test it and it felt very dry when wet and hard to blow dry so yes, it is this shampoo which is damaging. I don't know what to do with the two bottles that I have left...

My hair is soft when it is dry but it is horrific to brush it when it is wet after using this shampoo and conditioner. I also don't really feel like the conditioner nourishes my hair but rather prevents it from being an absolute mess which it would be if I just used the shampoo alone. HOWEVER, the lightening spray is so so so good and I do swear by it for lighter hair! I just use this now with a different shampoo and my hair is soooo much better! I only use it once a week though just to be careful...

So far I don't think the lightening effect of this shampoo is worth the damage that it does to my hair and it is quite expensive as well? But other people have said it's fine so maybe try it and see what you think.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by blackhamable

I love this shampoo! My hair is naturally brown, but it became lighter after moving to Hawaii. Since then, i have been using this shampoo mixed with another to keep my hair light! i LOVE it so much! I have no idea why it gets so much hate. It's a fabulous product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by babym2805x

I bought this product last summer because I've always been a light brunette/dark blonde with light blonde highlights in my hair, and I wanted to see if I could get them any lighter. This product really does work in my hair, and it's great because it contains no peroxide! I've repurchased this product several times since then, and even using it over the winter kept my highlights blonde too. I didn't find it drying at all, even when I occasionally use it without conditioning afterwards. It smells really good too. I would really reccommend this product to anyone with natural highlights.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I've got no beef with this product. I don't notice it drying out my hair at all, and it keeps my roots from looking too terribly apparent. It might work better if I used it everyday, but I switch up shampoo on an almost daily basis. My hair feels clean, volumized, and healthy. Plus, it smells great!! Not fruity, and not manly. Just...nice. I don't know what people have against this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought this at Wal-mart for $6 after my sulfate free shampoo ran out. It's about $30 cheaper than my regular shampoo and my recent blonde dye job was beginning to fade, so I decided to give this shampoo a shot. I've been using it daily for roughly two weeks now. I have actually noticed a difference in my treated hair, though I have noticed no difference in my untreated roots. This makes my hair notably brighter and more vibrant. It has sucked the life out of my more copper undertones, but I'm okay with that. It sort of makes my hair a light, almost lemonish blonde. I've noticed a distinct gold sheen recently. I'm going to finish this bottle and probably repurchase. This product seems to only work if used daily, which is unfortunate considering the heavy sulfate in it.