December 22, 2014 | 1686 users online

Pressed Powders - Kanebo - Kate pressed powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Catherin3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new pressed powder and after reading the positive reviews on this I couldn't not get it. I bought it online for a reasonable amount, although it's not cheap. On buying this the one thing I noticed the most is the terrible packaging. The pressed powder I was using before that cost a third of the price of this one had better, more functional, and generally prettier packaging than this. This packaging is bulky, the black color shows dirt and scratches immediately, and it basically looks (and feels) cheap. And it's not functional either. I find the screw lid of this pressed powder annoying, and the puff it came with useless. However I would still buy this product again because regardless of the packaging the actual product is amazing. It goes on a bit darker than my skin tone but lightens to a perfect match. Likewise it goes on quite sheer but seems to 'settle' after a few moments and it gives the most perfect finish- covering the large pores on my cheeks, lightening dark blemishes and hiding redness. It really lives up to its name- “high coverage”. This also lasts for the majority of the day, without getting uncomfortable. It doesn't dry my skin out at all nor break me out. I really love this powder, even if the packaging is awful. I usually just wear bb cream with this on top and my skin looks amazing; bright/healthy and far more flawless than it actually is.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by likeya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great , For asian and white women alike!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I just love this pressed powder! The coverage can be compared to a foundation because it really conceals my pimple marks and blackheads. I also did not break out nor had any rashes after a week's use. Though, it may feel a bit dry upon application but after wearing it for hours the powder just naturally sets in and makes skin radiant-looking without the oiliness. It's also long wearing like I applied it on before going to work in the morning and only made a re-touch in the afternoon after my 8-hour shift. The packing is not quite efficient and economical, but still pretty cute and unique to me.

Finally, I’ve found the pressed powder with the luxurious feel of a high-end brand; skin benefits of a BB-cream (in powder form); and only for a price of that won't hurt my budget. I will definitely recommend this to my make-up aficionado girlfriends and colleagues for them to also experience the coverage and comfortable wear I’ve been raving about.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by ilec

I got this in the lighter shade of the 2, but it seems a bit dark on me. It goes on a bit dry at first, but after awhile your skin will look smooth. I'm fine with just using their foundation powder, so I guess this powder is kinda useless to me. Perhaps I'll try their liquid foundation later and try using this on top. I wouldn't repurchase though since I like a good color match.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing!!!! The coverage is pretty amazing for a pressed powder and it didn't look powdery at all on the skin. Fantastic product!!! Yay Kanebo!!!

I got the lightest of the 2 shades since my local japanese store only had one shade and thankfully the match was pretty decent. I'm YO03 in Lunasol water cream foundation , shade 204 in Kanebo sensai foundations, and and stromboli in Nars Sheer glow (this foundation is a bit too dark for me),

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by chi77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only gripe I have is the box. I wish it has come in a snap on box like the regular pressed powder cases. I got the lighter shade out of the 2. The shade is slightly darker than my skin. But after applying to the whole face, it didn't look unnatural. Somehow, it blended in pretty well. I'll definitely repurchase. The texture and finish is one of the best I've ever used. It's very smooth and covers blemishes and pores really well. It's not drying and it doesn't accentuate wrinkles or rough patches. And it isn't oily or sticky. It keep my makeup fresh all day. I didn't use foundation and this powder has very good coverage even on its own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

Is this a powdery foundation? That's my question when I touch this powder. It's smooth and is well pigmented. Great to cover minor blemishes and brightens the whole complexion not as in whitening but freshening-like. Kanebo did it again with this powder. Somehow very hard to find-both in store or online. But when found I normally purchased more than one just in case. For its price..you cant go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Conceals very well and very light and smooth!