July 31, 2014 | 1713 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Perricone - High Potency Eye Lift

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really liked this product. I got a big sample from one of my monthly sample boxes, i forget which one. this is basically a watery cream and if you dont shake it up it separates. not a big deal for me. i liked that it didnt smell like much of anything, didnt burn my eyes, didnt break my eyes out or make my skin more bumpy, or itchy, absorbed very easily (could wear during the day too which i like) and i feel it did make my eyes look a lot less tired, (i used it for months on just the sample) since ive stopped using it, ive been using the yes to blueberries eye cream which isnt really doing it for me, and maybe ive been getting less sleep or maybe the perricone MD was just a lot better lol. unfortunately i will never ever purchase this product as its extremely expensive in my opinion.

oh yeah i just want to add my eye problems are, visible blue veins, dryness, puffiness/bags. i do not have a major problem with dark circles and i dont have eye wrinkles yet at 26. so i cannot attest to that. i just have very baggy tired eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by missyd915

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Despite all the negative reviews here i have to say that for me it is working very well so far. I wanted to try something for my dark and tired looking eyes and got myself two large samples of this eye lift serum and within about ten days of 2-3 time daily applications my eye area is looking much better, lighter, tighter and brighter. I will see if the results continue and most probably will purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, normal to oily skin, early 30s.

Bought the duo set from Sephora, and of the 2, I felt this was the least effective.. a bit like milky water. "Squirts" from the bottle and texture is difficult to apply nicely. That said, I am about a month in and no noticeable difference to the cross hatching developing under my inner eye area.

I also live in a very dry, desert climate... so I have a feeling a cream based treatment would be more effective out here.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by powder2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Do not. I repeat do not buy this product. This product actually gave me circles under my eyes that I did not have. I am now trying to find a product to correct what this product has done to me. Horrible product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by milomatisse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Seriously unimpressed! I purchased this at the suggestion of a Sephora assistant when I was looking for an alternative to Clarins Super Lift Serum, just to switch off. After using it for several weeks, I can honestly say I see no benefits different from the Clarins, and in fact it has a tendency to sting a bit. I am back to Clarins!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by NKlondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one product that makes you feel selfish and bad for sometimes spending money without having tried a sample first. This bottle just sits in my cabinet and I never even feel like using it. It does NOTHING, absolutely nothing good to the eye area. No, moisturising, no wrinkle decreasing, basically nothing. My eye area gets moisturised with anything I put on, but this specific serum-like eye treatment, is really useless for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very disapointed with this product. Its not very moisturising and actually made the skin around my eye area a little swollen, painful and red and blotchy. Would never buy this again and I don't think I will even bother finishing off the rest of the bottle.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Makeupuser1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this product yesterday and tried it in the evening. Within 10 minutes the area under my eyes were burning and bright bright red. They hurt very badly. Today I wake up and and there are dark, dark circles, like black under my eyes and it still hurts.
I am returning it today. I will stick to my clinique all about eyes from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I (as well as the Sephora SA who sold this product to me) am stunned by the good results of this product. I use this product with the Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum. Sephora has a great kit that combines the 2 for $95 (individually these products would be $145). After 10 days, my under eye area is more "firm, uplifted, lines diminished". I am not kidding, even the SA was surprised what a great result I had after a short time (visited her after 10 days to show her my results).

To make my results undeniable I used Perricone on one eye and Kate Somerville's Line Release Eye Cream on the other. (The Sephora SA wanted me to try Kate 's Eye Cream so I told her I'd revisit her in 10-14 days). Results: the Perricone eye was firm and uplifted (younger, denser skin) while the Somerville side wasn't as firm or uplifted but it did look brighter. However concealer would settle into fine lines on the Somerville side and the Perricone side did not have any concealer issues like the Somerville side - I am sold!.

***Update Jan. 2011: I am still AMAZED how good this treatment is for my under-eyes. It sucks up and smooths out like an eye-lift. I tried Dermadoctor's Wrinkle Revenge & although it moisturized beautifully, my under-eye area looked un-even, almost bumpy compared to the smooth under-eye area w/ the Perricone products.

I noticed that many of the reviews have complained about a "burning" or stinging sensation. If this is the case, then obviously the product is not agreeing with your skin and you should stop using any product that disagrees with your skin. I had the "stinging, burning" feeling from Perricone's Advanced Eye Therapy product but luckily I have this product that has literally given me an "eye lift" effect for my under-eye area.

I am 43 and my under eye area has become more "loose" (like everyone's) with the years. I pass for 28-33 but still, we all like to improve what we can. I'd compare my under eye with the Perricone to a hard smooth surface that one would put paint/concealer on top and it's easy for the paint/concealer to stay on. My eye area without the Perricone was more loose, stretched out so the concealer would flake up, settle more in lines when my eyes watered.

This eye product is more of a "treatment" (in terms of uplifting, smoothing my under-eye area) vs. moisturizer. I just make sure to use a strong moisturizing under-eye product in the evening.

As you see from my extensive list below, I have tried many brands including the most expensive and this cream is incredibly effective.

From Sephora's Website:
What it is formulated to do: Perricone MD High Potency Eye Lift provides amplified lifting and reparative benefits to the delicate skin around the eyes. It firms and hydrates the skin, increases elasticity, and diminishes lines and wrinkles. Its highly effective ingredients and proprietary delivery system ensure maximum absorption for a noticeably more youthful appearance.

What else you need to know:
Results reported from clinical testing:
- 86% reported improved resiliency and elasticity.
- 86% reported an improvement in the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- 79% reported an improvement in skin firmness.

For night I still ADORE Awake Renovation Eye (richer eye cream so too heavy for day but applying at night and waking up to soft, smooth eyes is a dream) and I alternate the AWAKE Renovation Eye with MD Forte Skin Rejuvenation Eye Cream .

Past eye creams I've tried and discarded: Darphin, DDF Advanced Eye Firming Concentrate (ok but too thin and not effective enough), Caudalie, Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate (didn't moisturize enough & eyes were a little uncomfortable, feeling tight), La Mer (bleh), La Prarie (Anti-Aging SPF 15 - ok but weak compared to Awake), Natura Bisse Diamond Extreme Eye (worked but then stopped being effective), Perricone Alpha Lipoic Eye (2003 version, effective at first but not later), Prevage (caused milia), ReVive Eye Renewal, Shiseido Benefiance (too rich & caused milia) , Relastin's Eye Silk (effective at first but not now), Lancome (Renergie Micro-Lift, Primordiale Intense, Absolue - all felt nice but ineffective), E, Lauder (Advanced Night Repair), etc.

I am Korean, 44 yrs old but most (facialists, aestheticians) think I'm 26-32. Although my under eye area is very dry, I have combination skin (very dry in winter, slightly oily in summer however prone to plugged pores and occasional breakouts). I use: Natura Bisse, Cosmedicine, Jurlique, MD Forte & DHC.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product did not give me an allergic reaction (I'm allergic to virtually everything), but during 12 weeks of use, it did not appear to change ANYTHING about my eye area (puffiness, fine lines, moisture levels of the tissues, etc...). The ingredients are top notch, and the pump it great. However, I would not repurchase even if it was only $15 (instead of $95). Am back to using Prep H gel, and I look 35 now, instead of 48. Am investing in Prep H gel for the rest of my life.
Edit: I used this on my dry areas to finish off the rest of the product. It broke my out on my cheeks and chin. Am going to just toss the rest (and EXPENSIVE toss!!). : (