July 31, 2014 | 1102 users online

Sunscreen - Ocean Potion - Natural Mineral Sunblock SPF 30

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ick. I love trying out new sunblocks, and I only use broad spectrum (protects against UVA and UVB), so I figured I would give this a go. The full name is: "Natural Mineral Sunblock SPF 30 Broad Spectrum UVA & UVB Protection Anti-Oxident Cranberry Seed Oil & Sea Botanicals." Sounds good, huh? Things that I find wrong with it:

1. Consistency. This comes out as a a whipped lotion, which, while an improvement from the many runny, thin sunblocks out there, still has its problems. I think the thickness makes it VERY difficult to rub in, and unless I rub this in with enough friction to create sparks, I'm often left with a white cast.

2. Smell. Again, while it's an improvement from the standard sunblock smell, the berry scent is VERY strong, mixes with any other scents you might be wearing, and is overwhelming, especially for a hot summer day.

3. Price. I think this was around $10 for 3 oz., which isn't daylight robbery but still overpriced for the product. Because it's so difficult to rub in, I end up using more product. Furthermore, if you use as much as the Skin Cancer Foundation says you should use, this little bottle will only last a single person a few weeks, tops AND it gets harder and harder to squeeze out the less there is.

While this product isn't absolutely horrendous and impossible to use, it's most definitely not my favorite sunblock on the market. Unless you really hate sunblocks that aren't practically a solid or you REALLY love the smell of cranberries, I'd recommend looking elsewhere.