October 25, 2014 | 1847 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Pomegranate and Raspberry Natural Facial Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by TrueCOWgirl

First off, this is BY FAR my favorite smelling face wash/scrub I have EVER tried!

It's not stripping at all, and does a great job at exfoliating. Since I have acne-prone skin, though, it's not quite as good for my skin as the oat/honey one is (which is so sad, because I could sniff a bottle of this stuff all day long and not get tired of it. I'd probably try to taste it even if I was hungry enough...)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I am sad to say that after buying and loving so many times Queen Helene products, this is the first one that I really didnt like all that well. I found it on clearence at Sallys and I because I am such a sucker for scrubs and exfoliants, I decided to give it a try. Besides for the fact that after i put it on my face and massaged in, i washed gently with a washcloth and the bright red color of the product ended up staining. I didnt feel like there was anything that made this product stand out over others, to make it special and make somebody want to pick it over their oldrent favorite. I also felt that it was a tad pricey for what you got. Just my opinion. I really hope people are enjoying it more than i did. I think because I am such a face junkie (with creams, scrubs, lotions, serums, make up, primers, cleaners), my standard is set pretty high... I refuse to waste any product unless i have a really bad reaction to it, so I will use up what I have left and then move on to trying thr next product... <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

I favor the oatmeal one over this because I feel that the benefits of honey are better for my acne. But this scrub is still nice. Its good to use on the days when your skin feels a bit sluggish and needs a good scrub to freshen your face up!

Great product for the price :> Id recommend this to anyone in search of a facial scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by FrogPrincess1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive/dry skin. I only exfoliate my face once a week and this stuff does a great job. I have been usuing it since my teens and will continue to use it. I like that the granules in this scrub are smaller than ST Ives and it feels to cover more than ST Ives. Great and the price is excellent as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ForMeItWorks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really do like this product. I have used the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque and was in the market for a new scrub/exfoliator. I found this product so I decided to give it a try. I really like the results. It left my skin soft, smooth, and it removed the dead skin cells. Whereas I don't have sensitive skin, someone who does may have an issue. There was a slight tingling sensation, so someone with sensitive skin may experience an issue. But for me, I will repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying how much I truly love Queen Helene Products- they are affordable and such great quality! i love everything i have tried thus far!
According to the Queen Helene site:
"This delicately-fragrant scrub combines Raspberry Seeds with other natural exfoliates to wash away lifeless surface cells and impurities that dull your skin. Pomegranate Oil adds antioxidant protection against the environment's skin-aging effects, as the seeds work to gently expose fresher, more vibrant skin with renewed radiance. This lush, Paraben-free scrub effectively refines skin's texture and conditions it to maintain a vital moisture balance, which leaves your face feeling wonderfully soft and smooth. Use once a week or more often if your skin is oily. Ideal for use in the shower too. "
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- I find some of Queen Helene products at my local Family Dollar, Dollar General and Sallys Beauty Supply stores but it will depend on your location just look around though. My local stores are small & have limited products but generally carry this Scrub. The price will also vary on location but i see this for around $3-4 which is great since it last forever. Great price!
FORMULA- this Pomegranate & Raspberry scrub is a thick consistency with small granules of berries throughout. if you are familiar w/ the Apricot scrub its like that but less rough since it has smaller granules or scrubbing particles. They are large enough to slough away dead skin yet small enough that its not harsh on my sensitive & dry skin. This is suited for all skin types from dry, normal, combo & oily. Gentle enough to use a few times a week. I generally use at this twice a week & its great. This is scented due to the ingredients. its not the nicest smelling scrub but not the worst. it reminds me of the apricot scrub but a tiny bit better. the scent will be there until this is washed away.
PERFORMANCE- this scrub is great & meant to take away dead dull skin leaving your skin even & polished. The pomegranate & raspberries are great for providing antioxidant properties which help to even out skin & brighten your complexion even further. this provides a youthful appearance to the skin overtime in junction with your everyday cleaners/toners. I have fallen in love with this scrub for it has made a huge difference in my skin. it deep cleans & opens pores for my everyday cleansers to get deep down & help reduce breakouts/blemishes. This is of course an exfoliating scrub so it can be used up to 3x a week maybe less for those w/ sensitive skin. I def wouldnt use this more than a few days a week. I have normal to dry somewhat sensitive skin & have not had any bad reactions so far. id suggest testing a small area first if you are very sensitive. This does not leave my skin feeling dry or parched. it leaves my skin feeling baby soft & super clean in a good way. doesnt strip all essential oils but helps your complexion over time. This is great for days when my skin is feeling dull & gross feeling and needs a good cleaning without stripping every oil from my face. It gives a nice clean feeling w/out any red blotches that i get from more severe/harsh cleansers. This is great for occasional use.
PACKAGING- this comes in the typical flexible plastic tube like most face cleansers. it is white with different colored writing. logo/name/brand all on front as well as ingredients & directions are on back. There is a white twist on top and disperses by squeezing tube. it stands upright so this helps get all the product out of tube. It has a large enough hole so that you get whatever amount of product out for each use. it opens easily & comes out easily. i can get out about a quarter size or least for each use. its simple & compact so it dont take up much room in shower.
overall- im so glad to have bought & tried this. it will continue to be used in my skincare rountine for a long time surely since it has done such a good job. i was looking for a mild but effective exfoliater & this is it! its affordable & last for a long time. i have since bought a back up even though i still have half a tube left. Another great Queen Helene face product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only problem I have with this is that the scent is kinda... well awful. But the quality of the product is great enough to look beyond the smell. :) Yes, this scrub is a little harsher, but for my skin that is a GREAT thing. I love how my face feels after I use it. Also, I agree with everybody who commented about the screw on cap. But I do plan on buying this again. It's a fantastic price that delivers amazing results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i love all the QH scrubs and masks i've tried and this one is no exception. i do find it to be a little harsher than some of the other ones i've used, so i limit the use of to about once week. i like it when i feel like i have some buildup from makeup and such on my face and it really cleans well. plus, im a sucker for fruity smelling things and appreciate nice smelling face products. i would just suggest that you be very gentle when using it and maybe not using a washcloth which may make it scratch your face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Smells really good, but too gritty and rough for me. I like it in general, but it doesn't do anything really great for my skin that I notice...maybe a little softer afterwards but that's about it. Nothing extraordinary. I know there are better scrubs out there. I just bought Alba's pineapple scrub, it's more expensive but I hear it's really good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Picked this up because I was in great need of a cheap scrub and my favorite cheap scrub (Queen Helene Oatmeal and Honey) was out. This is a decent scrub. I do not have sensitive skin or any skin issues so it takes a really awful product to give me any problems.

I use this once or twice a week. The granules are pretty harsh so there's no need to scrub really hard. I've used this on my face and body. It's a nice product, I love the artificial scent too. :)

This is not a luxury product. It's a fuss free basic. If I need a pampering experience I'll use my favorite, the Fresh Sugar Face Polish.