Philosophy Hope in a Jar Eye & Lip Cream

3.2

on 8/26/2011 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My mother loves this eye cream, so I picked up a jar at sephora. It's got better ingredients than a lot of other eye creams (which tend to be filled with silicones, plastics, and preservatives) so I was hopeful. This eye cream does hydrate and decrease puffiness around my eyes, but it doesn't seem to do much for my dark circles. I can't say whether or not it reduces wrinkles, as I don't really have any. Also, I hate that this product comes in a jar! Many other philosophy products come in a tube or even a glass jar with a pump, and that is what I would prefer from this product. After this product has been exposed to too much air, it gets a little gooey and loses some of the airy "fluffiness" that makes it easy to apply. Also, do NOT ever accidentally get it too close to your waterline, because it will STING. I would buy this product again in a pinch, but I am still on the lookout for the perfect eyecream!

on 3/25/2011 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This came with the Makeup Optional Dry sensitive skin kit.

I thought it was a bad sign that an eye cream is also used for the lips. Well I applied my eyes burned, they started tearing, then they swelled. So how do they market an eye cream for sensitive skin that burns the eye skin area?

The product does not moisture the skin area, skin does not drink it, its kinda stiff cream.

Horrendus product. I will never purchase Philopophy again.. I have to return this.

on 3/20/2010 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am 24, I have dark circles and smile lines, not that severe but I really want to get rid of them.

After using this product for more than 1 month, I did't see any difference around my under eye area.

Don't wast your money.

on 12/23/2009 8:28:00 PM

My question is, why would you make a product that stings like the devil if you accidentally get some in your eyes when you're supposed to use it around your eye area? Also, I woke up one morning with the skin under my right eye all crinkly and red. Oh and this happened with just a small sample of it, thank goodness I didn't actually buy it.

on 12/5/2009 11:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Meh. That's really the best description for this product. I've never really come across a product that doesn't do everything a eye cream is supposed to do, give moisture to the eyes. On me, it would just seem to sit on my lids and smear on my pillow when I went to sleep. I regret that I don't really have wrinkles, but I wanted an eye cream to give moisture to my lids and de-puff. Well, I realize that this eye cream isn't supposed to de-puff or prevent shadows, but I sort of same to expect that from any basic eye cream. My least favorite Philosophy product (one of the very, very few). It's not that it's a terrible product, it just really didn't do a thing for me. Although, it might be best for older, more mature skin that needs more thorough moisture.

I got a large sample of this from a Sephora promotion. I've been using it every night for about a month now. I'm in my early 20s, so I'm not too concerned with wrinkles, but I do like to use a nice eye cream to prevent wrinkles in the future. First of all, this is way overpriced for the quality. I mean petroleum? Really? Also, it's really thick, and it takes forever to sink in; it's impossible to wear in the daytime. It is really moisturizing for night use, but frankly, it's just not worth the price and the poor ingredient list: there's much better eye creams out there. I haven't noticed any changes around my eye area. Keeps my skin moisturized, but that's about it.

on 10/6/2009 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Im addicted to this product, so much that I now use it as a regular lip gloss. Its super moisturizing. I use it around my eyes sometimes, but Ive found with regular use (like nightly) it gives me those tiny bumps that comes from a product thats too heavy for your eye area. I also use it on very dry trouble spots on my body/hands.
I wish it would come in a tube so I could just apply it easier as a gloss!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

I received a generous sample of this from Sephora and thought I might as well review it. This is the only product from the Philosophy line that I have used. I hate this product! It stings and burns badly everytime I applied it around my eyes. My skin is allergic to something in the ingredients. Will not be puchasing in the future obviously.

on 1/31/2009 6:08:00 PM

I love how emollient this eye cream is without feeling greasy and its awesome that it doubles as a lip cream. I got a free sample of this and been using it for over a month. It lasts a long time and it has saved my lips this winter (previously dry and cracked and gross). Definitely recommended!

on 8/14/2008 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has to be one of the best eye creams out there. I love Philosophy skincare and this is a fabulous eye cream. I really like that it is a thicker formula than others because it seems to really prevent lines and wrinkles. I have used it for probably 6 years or longer and still don't have lines under my eyes. I love that it comes in a tube and since I mostly get my Philosophy products in kits the prices are very affordable.

Popular Face Skincare Products