December 22, 2014 | 1580 users online

Polishes - Illamasqua - Nail Varnish in Phallic

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

A very opaque, beautiful, warm almost-black dark blue satin with royal blue shimmer/nanoglitter that's only visible in direct light. In fact, it actually looks black in most lights. Fittingly for a typically feminine product with a masculine name, this is a unisex shade that would look just as "right" on a daring man as on a woman. It has a very unique finish - it's so pigmented that it actually seems matte despite the sparkles, even under topcoat. As such, it dries quickly - less than 10 minutes per thin coat. The only thing I don't like is the square cap - it was very fumbly to paint my nails with, but for this elegant, sophisticated, pleasingly androgynous color, I can get used to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by lovelychampion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I truly did not expect to love this color as much as I did, and I felt vague buyer's remorse upon purchasing it at Sephora. But now I'm feeling "buyer's remorse-remorse" as in, I feel bad I almost regretted this purchase! it's a gorgeous color, with a subtle shimmer that adds a lot of depth to a very dark blue. It is not mistakable for black, like some navy polishes, but is a great substitute for when black just feels too harsh. Black creme is my go-to nail polish, but Illamasqua Phallic feels almost as neutral but with much more interest.

The only critique I have is that I don't particularly care for the thinness of the plastic cap-- I wish it was a little heftier, a la Chanel or Nars.

The formula is rockin'-- was opaque in 2 coats, but I did three, just to see what happened. No bare spots. A little cuticle drag, but I blame that on my grip on the cap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This polish...this freaking polish. Oh my god, it's beautiful.

Now bear in mind, I usually loathe blue polishes. It's my least favorite color on my nails. But this blue...oh my lord. It's deep and inky-a blackened blue. I would say it's a jelly-cream finish. And the best part? There are beautiful, electric-blue glitter particles that hide until you are under light-then they glimmer, and it truly does look like your nails are lit from within.

I haven't bought it yet, but you can be damn sure I will soon. I think $14 is WAY TOO MUCH for a nail polish, so I tested it at Sephora first, and I'm going on 3 days with no chipping whatsoever. And I'm not even wearing a topcoat. The formula is so smooth, it just glides on. It's like your nail pretty much paints itself.

I feel like I can't call this polish gorgeous enough times!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by victoriakarkoulas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Illamasqua polishes are the best you will ever get.. they glide on like a dream..& last chip-less for days!!

Phallic is the most gorgeous shimmery blue/black you will ever find..it will be one of my favourites forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The color is truly stunning. I adore the blue sparkles. Wish it read more blue indoors and less black, though. Coverage is fantastic. However, I got chips after 2 days with stickey and SV. Maybe try gelous BC next time. Won't repurchase b/c of chips and it's too dark indoors. But outside..... heaven!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by wildflower85

I was first drawn to the name....indeed, however silly that may be, but as a nursing student going into gynecology, I just could not resist getting this polish! After seeing this on Scrangie's blog, I was in love, and ordered it.

I must say, I'm not disappointed! This is the most expensive polish I've purchased so far, but I'm in love. It's such a deep, vibrant blue that just glows and looks beautiful. The formula is also a big "turn-on," being incredibly smooth and easy to work with. No blue cuticles for me! And the bottle itself is a piece of art. I just love seeing this gorgeous gem of blue up with my other beauties.

Just FYI, Phallic is a great base for Sally Hansen's Hidden Treasure...it's a stunning combo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by CinnamonDish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ah...I love Phallic! Gorgeous deep blue with a hint of shimmer that applies cleanly with two coats. Lasts about two days before I start getting tipwear.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by sarahchapman197

Another top-class nail varnish from Illamasqua. It's a gorgeous midnight sky kind of colour. Unusual, but a real staple. Everyone compliments me when I wear this polish. It's an intense colour, too, so you don't need to apply four or five coats like some. Fabulous! Looks great on toes!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by sanayhs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My god, I love this polish. It's practically opaque in a single coat, and is a glorious deep navy with royal blue shimmer that makes it look as though it glows from within. It wears for a good long while without chipping. Lovelovelove. This is one of my most used bottles of polish!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by bacardibelly

These are the best varnishes I have EVER EVER used and considering my sister owns a nail salon, I should know!

The colours are rich and Phallic is my favourite, not just because of the suggestive name! ;)

The colour is sultry and catches the light beautifully - I always get comments on it.

I was on the subway last week and was wearing this on my toes and a man in his 60s actually asked me where I got it so he could buy it for his daughter, which was surreal and a bit disgusting as he was staring at my toes for the rest of the journey...!

Gorgeous deep blue and very unique in finish. I have heard whispers of a matt collection - I look forward to trying these as I own most the varnishes already! I am hoping for a sky blue next.