Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was so excited and so convinced I was going to love this, ordered it during the last Sephora sale, ... and then I actually used it.

It is truly a beautiful mascara. Despite being just regular Black (according to Armani), it's a rich, carbonized black. It is like the most natural false lashes, such as Ardell #120s, on steroids. It holds a curl beautifully, adds length and thickness, but still looks soft and fluttery rather than crispy. The packaging is sleek and black, with a nice fuzzy wand that's not too big nor too small.

However, this is the only mascara I've used in a while that smears and flakes like mad over me. It reminds me a lot of the L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black and YSL Faux Cils - in brush, colour depth, the effect (though I find the Armani less crunchy looking and more buildable!). However, there is something in this that makes it not last at all on me. None of these three last on me, but at least when you're on a whim to try the L'Oreal again, it's $5.99. I diegress.

In short: I'm very, very sad as I really was excited to try it. With the price of this, I'm too cheap to buy a mascara primer to try under it. I would recommend it if you don't have the issues I have with the Voluminous and Faux Cils though; maybe you'll also love this. :(

on 3/29/2015 12:45:00 AM

When I first got this mascara, I didn't like it. I tried it right after finishing my favourite Too Faced Better Than Sex, and was not impressed. I found this mascara runny and didn't volumise and hold my curl as well as BTS. It sat on my vanity because I was so in love with the packaging and couldn't bear to throw away. On a whim, a few weeks after trying it for the first time, I decided to give it another shot and was impressed. It's definitely more natural than BTS but still provides volume when layered. Separates my lashes beautifully and doesn't clump no matter how many layers I apply. I use this for more natural days when I kinda want to tone it down. Unfortunately, the hefty price tag will keep me from getting another tube.

on 2/12/2015 12:11:00 PM

I do expected something revolutionary from this Eyes To Kill mascara,but yes,it is a very good mascara! When I wear this,I kind of see why it costs much.Mascara with high quality.The formulation is pretty thick,but still good to work with.And the brush,it is pretty usually seen.There's just some magic in this mascara.I have noticed,that without eyelash curler,It's much easier to apply mascara on my lashes.Well,the mascara makes lashes much fuller,not so much of the lenght(but also adds lenght,not that much though).I love how easy this is to apply,and it minimizes any mess.Could repurchase,if I wasn't on a budget :) ps. I use Dior lash maximizer under this,and it's absolutely fabilous.

on 12/27/2014 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this mascara.
I don't have any real issues with the length or volume of my lashes so usually I just look for a good clump free, separating, buildable, black mascara (I have super blonde lashes) and this is one of my favourites for sure.
It is pricey but I find it lasts me 3 months of almost everyday use so I don't mind paying the extra.

on 12/24/2014 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

One of my favourite mascaras along with the YSL one. My eyelashes look long and voluminous after 2 coats. Only gripe is that it can be a bit runny sometimes, but I just deal cuz my lashes look awesome and I hate waterproof formulas.

on 6/15/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got my first tube of Eyes To Kill a few days ago. I saw MakeupByTiffanyD loved it so I thought I would see if it worked on my lashes. Sadly it didn't agree with my eyes. It made my eyes water like crazy, it didn't even put a lot of volume or length to my lashes. I did like that it was not a really wet formula. I liked the packaging. But I am kind of pissed I spent nearly $50 including shipping for this mascara and I didn't get the results I wanted. I will use it and maybe layer it with another mascara so it doesn't go to waste. Would not repurchase. My advice is to not waste your money on this one.

One of the best, a bit overpriced. Volumizing, thickening, lengthening, very black... I prefer this for a night out because it's so thick.

on 6/5/2014 12:36:00 AM

This is my HG mascara. I've tried heaps, including Chanel, Dior, Lancome and Clinique. This is perfectly buildable, doesn't clump, and lengthens my lashes wonderfully. There can be some fallout on my lower lashes during the day, but I think this is because my lids are a little oily and my lashes are super curly - this happens with all mascaras on me. At least this doesn't flake, and my top lashes remain perfect. It also adds a decent amount of volume without a 'dolls eye' effect - remaining a little bit natural.

I also love the texture of this. It's not too dry nor too wet, which makes application a breeze. It's one of the only mascaras I can apply fairly easily to my curly lower lashes without ending up messy from the outset. There is no real effort in avoiding clumping upon application.

Overall I would highly recommend this, despite the high price tag. I'm happy to pay a bit extra for the excellent results.

on 5/12/2014 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Very disappointed with this mascara after hearing killer reviews about it. It clumped up my lashes, flaked, and migrated all over. Yeeesh! I have negligible lashes that need extra help from mascara and this mascara only suceeded in exasperating the fact that my lashes are lame. Also the applicator was too big for my eyes and I could not control the wand effectively as I wanted.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is definitely on its way to become my HG mascara.
My lashes are quite long and curled, but lack volume.
This mascara separates very well, but still gives remarkable volume. With one coat my lashes look natural, but defined, and with another coat they become very lushious and full.
It's great that I can customize it for day and night and it performs excellently either way.

It doesn't clump or give me spidery lashes, which I hate.

Yes, the price is very steep and there are many great cheaper mascaras. I will not use this exclusively because I've found excellent cheaper alternatives.
But for days when I want to look my best, I will most certainly reach for this.

EDIT: I've had this for more than half a year and it's starting to dry out. Unfortunately, the smudging bothered me enough that I don't want to repurchase it. After a few hours I get a small black stain on my lower lid. At first I thought it was because of my sunscreen, but now I see that the mascara does it on its own.
It's really a shame because other than that, this is absolute unmatched perfection and I don't know if I'll every again find a mascara with such an amazing effect, but wuthout the smudging.

Top Rated Giorgio Armani Products