Merle Norman Brilliant-C Brightening Serum

4.5

CYCLOMETHICONE, WATER (AQUA) DISILOXANE, POLYETHYLENE, DIMETHICONE, POLYSILICONE-11, CYCLOPENASILOXANE, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT, SAXIFRAGA SARMENTOSA EXTRACT, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) LEAF EXTRACT, SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS EXTRACT, MORUS BOMBYCIS ROOT EXTRACT, DIACETYL BOLDINE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, PALITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7, SOLUBLE COLLAGEN, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CENTELLA ASIATICA EXTRACT, ECHINACEA PURPUREA EXTRACT, DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, BISABOLOL, ISOHEXADECANE, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, POLYSORBATE 20, POLYSORBATE 40, NYLON-12, XANTHAN GUM, CARBOMER, CITRIC ACID, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM CITRATE, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, MICA, TIN OXIDE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).

on 10/27/2009 11:41:00 PM

I just started using this product about a week ago, and have already noticed results. My skin had looking very muddy lately and my pores were looking very large and clogged. This stuff immediately made my face look brighter and tighter. The only complaint is that the scent (orange "baby asprin" fragrance) is a little overwhelming.

on 6/6/2009 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was given 2 packs of sample & fell in love with it immediately. It is a thick white serum that smells of orange peel, but it's the texture that gets me. It has enough moisture for summer, 2-3 pumps will cover the entire face & neck. After absorption, the serum double function as a primer (for powder fdn), probably d/t the silica. It does take about 10 minutes to be absorbed, so maybe not a good option for morning-rushers. The package did not indicates the %age of the vitamin C, which btw is in forms of Ascorbyl Glycoside, a stabled form of Vit C. I am currently using LaRoche-Posay Redermic which is 5% & while I put on Brilliant-C for the first few times, I felt a slight sting, so I suspect this could be higher than 5%.

I cannot comment how this treats my melasma since I am using 2 different forms of high concentration acids & alpha arbutin so I wouldn't know whose doing the credit. I would even buy this as a moisured primer; so it performs the function of 3 products.

It comes in an opaque white plastic airless pump system. For Cad$ 74, the white plastic does look cheap. I bought 2 just to get the GWP. The SA told me they will be coming out this month with the whole line of cleanser, toner, moisturizer. I will be looking out for that.

Popular Treatments (Face)