October 25, 2014 | 881 users online

Conditioner - Nature's Gate - Hemp Nourishing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by thathippiegothchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Excellent conditioner. On a trip out to Whole Foods I came across this conditioner and the matching shampoo. I was just about to leave town, and I had forgotten to pack my Infusium hairspray, which I normally use to control the frizz and puffyness in my hair. So I needed something that would do that on its own, and I settled on these. When I tried it a few days later whilst still out of town, I really didn't expect results. But I was pleasantly surprised. Even without my hairspray, my hair came out manageable, easy to untangle (which is saying something as I have curly hair), frizz-free and not like an afro! lol in other words, not puffy. The only downside was I used to much conditioner and it weighed my hair down. Word to the wise: a little goes a long way. But I haven't looked back since. And as bonuses, the pair of these are eco-friendly and give me a lot of good hair days. I still don't have to use Infusium anymore unless I want to style my hair more than usual. And I like having that choice. The only thing I don't like is the price; buying a matching set like I do can get expensive. But to me, they're worth every penny. I'll never use any other shampoo and conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by hapticmotion

I had been using Nature's Gate shampoo/conditioner for a few months at this point and noticed my face was breaking out badly. I do get breakouts every now and then, but this time it was all over my hairline, down my temple and a bit on my cheeks too. That's so strange! I also had tried the aloe vera one, and noticed my roots were immediately greasy on the same day- a few hours later! Ew! Usually I'm okay for another whole day, and then it starts to do that. So when that happened, I stopped using all Nature's Gate, and the breakout around my temple went away (it wasn't my makeup then!) Stay away from this if you get barely there breakouts or massive breakouts. What's even more gross is when I used regular drugstore shampoo, my hair felt like i put glue in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by kmm82512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I switched to a natural sulfate-free, silicone-free haircare regimen about two months ago and have been very happy with this conditioner so far. I previously used Redken Smooth Down products and they worked wonderfully, they were my former HG of hair products, but I read up on sulfates and silicones and finally decided to ditch my well-loved Smooth Down Butter Treat conditioner to try this new one... and I'm so glad I did! I never thought my hair could get any softer than it was before, but amazingly, now it is. Sometimes I use it alone as a cleansing conditioner, and sometimes I use it after the corresponding Hemp Shampoo. I have *very* thick, frizz-prone, coarse hair, and am very pleased at how much softer and more manageable this has made my hair after only two months of being sulfate- and silicone-free. If you have thinner hair or an oily scalp, I would not recommend this for you, as it is quite heavy and might be overly-moisturizing. But if your hair is parched and frizzy, this is definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by smee123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This may be my HG conditioner! I am so glad I found it! I have thick, dry Asian hair and as soon as this product touches my hair all the tangles go away and my hair feels like silk! That might be a little exaggerated but you get the point :) I don't even have to leave it in my hair it works instantly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I had great luck with this conditioner. I have fine curly hair that is prone to frizz. I also have an extremely silicone sensitive scalp so it is hard for me to find products that smooth my hair without me feeling like I've just put a flesh eating virus on my head. I love the scent (spicy herbal), it detangles well and is affordable. It also doesn't seem to strip color too bad. Adios, overpriced conditioners that do not work.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Not heavy enough in moisture for me. it is lightly conditioning and smoothing so i think this is best for someone with more fine thin hair, but for thick curls, no no. the scent took me forever to pin point what it smells like but i totally agree with one of the other reviewer that it smells like cinnamon, uhg idk why i couldnt figure it out lol. But ya cinnamon but not too cinnomon-y. And this conditioner looks like liquid Noxema lol kinda odd but thats ok i guess its not bad.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Update 8/31/10:
Yes, I just reviewed this, but had to update because it's given me the worst buildup I've ever had!!! And in less than a week's use! I only used it about 3-4 times over the last week or so and in that time my hair had so much buildup that even after I washed it, it was still gummy, tangled, and stuck together. I washed it today ***4*** times and that seems to have gotten rid of most of it. Just amazing. I won't be buying this and I'll probably give it away with a bad conscience because I know what someone else is getting - buildup.

Original review:

I recently tried this after kind of liking & being confused about Nature's Gate Herbal Daily Conditioner.

This one is just as strange.

It's much thicker than the herbal one and has a much fainter scent that's slightly herbal and almost smells like cinnamon(?) mixed with Elmer's Glue. I've used it in my hair wet and dry, as a rinse out conditioner and as a leave-in. It definitely tones down the frizz! And using it as a rinse out my curls were more defined than they've ever been. I suspect if I used this in the shower, then added a little more and squeezed out the excess water my hair would be amazing and completely frizz free. However, I don't like walking around with drippy hair, so that doesn't happen.

I also found that after my hair is dry it feels smooth but a little plasticy? And my ends tangle. Not sure why.

I chose that I would not repurchase for now because of the weird scent, my hair feeling plasticy & tangling, and my hair also feels kind of dry in a way. But I'll use it up and see if I change my mind.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This conditioner worked okay for me, but I prefer the Jojoba one. Has an herbal scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by msboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

love this conditioner! one of my favorites. very thick,creamy and moisturizing.the price isn't too bad for 18oz,i paid $5.85

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this conditioner! Works well on my thick, curly 3c hair. Other curlies try this one. It's inexpensive and does the trick. As another reviewer mentioned it's great for co-washing.

ETA: I eventually developed some kind of contact allergy to this conditioner. Not sure what ingredient/s are irritating me. Sadly I can no longer use it but I have passed my bottles on to my brother who has 3b/c hair and it works well for him.