April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Couleurs Designer All-In-One Artistry Palette - Nude Pink Design 508

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Qsma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this eye shadow palette. I happened to see a Dior Advert for it on YouTube. (Diorskin Nude Tan - Iridescent Sun look) and fell in love with it. I did some online research and then went to the store to check it out in person. To be honest, if it hadn't been for the video, I would never have looked twice at this palette.
It's wonderful for that "no makeup" makeup look. It gives me a very natural, glowy eye. I think its perfect for 40+ and would be great for anyone in the summer.

I also have the Rosy Tan palette, which I love, but wanted something even lighter. I'm glad I chose this one. I don't think you'll get a really dramatic eye with this, but if you're looking for something natural and pretty, this is perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

these shadows are high quality BUT for some reason i don't really like them. to start off with this palette definitely does not match its name "nude pink design" - it's basically a light and a dark taupe, with a shimmery white, a white glitter and a dark brown liner.

these colours are convenient for an everyday fool-proof look but to be honest they are not the best i come across. also for some reason these shades make my eyes look dull and too mature for my age. i'd say these colours would look elegant in those in their late 20s and 30s onwards. for those under 25, i'd recommend mac or urban decay shadows which are more pigmented and vibrant making the eyes look less dull.

and of course, the quality does not justify for its price. i have both naked palettes, 4 mac palettes, a few more urban decay palettes, bobbi brown and too faced palettes, and i have to say i like all of them more than this dior palette. save your money folks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this palette. The quality is good, the colors gorgeous, the payoff from the light iridescent could be better, but it works well as a highlighter. All in all, if not for the price point, I would own all the Dior 5 color palettes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, this is both beautiful and amazingly useful. I really wanted an all-in-one type palette for travel that would include liner. After some epic BB fails and lack-luster LM experiences, I finally sprung for this after hearing how wonderful the regular Dior quints are. The colors are pretty, but it is the texture that is truly amazing. Each of the shadows have a creamy texture and even though they are all powder. The base shade is an ever so slightly shimmery champagne. I wear it alone often. The center shade is a warm, peachy pink. The darkest colour is the ombre shadow and it is simply amazing, like a more buttery version of MAC's satin Taupe. Then there is the pale shimmer, a gorgeous, delicate pink. So beautiful! It does truly glitter, but this can look lovely especially for evening wear. I freely admit to using neutral glitter in the day though (so fire me!). But yeah, if you are a glitter-a-phobe, this entire palette is not for you. I find that a bit of shimmer livens up the eyes, but I know some hate it and prefer only mattes. Now, onto the liner: there have been some lippies off for this, but let me just say it works quite well for me. I apply with a MAC 210 and it creates a smooth, fine line. It applies more as a warm light brown, while it looks darker in the pan. I am a little concerned that the gel liner will dry out b/c I doubt the compact is as airtight as the pots that gel liners usually come in, but we'll see. The little diagram it comes with showing where to apply the shades kind of reminds me of the cute Japanese palettes I've seen pics of but can never actually access IRL. Anyway, beautiful, useful palette, well worth the $55.00.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am actually going to review the Pink Design pallet (808). It looks amazing with my green eyes. I don't use the base or the shine colors but other three work so good that I am willing to re-purchase right now. I apply the liner heavily along the lashline, next I smudge it, then I put the center color all over my lid, and I finish my putting the top left color on the outer V and along the crease. It stays all day until I remove it at night (about 8-9 hours overall). Another great pallet, thanks, Dior!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

How did I end up with this palette?? Considering that I saw a purple YSL palette with beautiful taupey lavender tones (pink india or something) and said "I want that" it seems strange that I ended up with yet more nudes. I went over to Diors counter which was next door to the YSL counter, I wanted to see if they had anything better without the gaudy gold packaging, they didn't have the colours I wanted, but they DID have these all in one artistry palettes which were stunning under a spotlight with all their glitter and shimmer. I was straight away drawn to the glittery e/s because of my love of UD stardust e/s - the only problem being that they are singles and I love all in one products.

In the end I didn't bother buying anything, I figured that I wore nudes most and I had naked palette and plenty of bobbi brown, I loved the idea of colours but probably wouldn't actively wear them so I shouldn't waste my money. I went home and read more about the artistry palettes because I couldn't stop thinking about that glitter. I loved that it was included within a palette with liner, it seemed so "complete".
I ended up browsing ebay and reading blogs and I came across the nude pink design palette on an auction - it had been tested and I ended up paying 12 plus postage for it. It arrived and the seller had been careless so the packaging was cracked and the mirror inside smashed, the shadows were fine though and that's all I wanted. The seller was really sweet and refunded me some money after I said the damage didn't bother me so I ended up paying even less for it!!

A lot of things look too loud or gaudy on me I think, i'm pale and dark haired, I don't have great blending skills and this palette is simply amazing. For people like Temptalia, it's too quiet, she wasn't impressed but I am overwhelmed. I can blend professionally with these eyeshadows, they look amazing. The colours are shimmery and creamy, they're not so dark they overwhelm my eyes and look OTT, but they're dark enough that I can wear them in the day and in the evening depending on how I apply them. The liner is subtle but it does apply - just enough to give a more defined appearance. The glitter - just wow, for an evening out, stunning. I love it. This palette is everything I want from nudes, it is an everything palette and the colours are shimmery and complex, I can wear it to work, to dinner, to a night out, it looks simply amazing and the quality is something I am impressed with.

I tried the iridescent e/s once, I tried tropical light and it didn't work for me, this really does, I finally see the hype about dior shadows, I'm thinking about buying another, I won't bother worrying about the price this time. I would gladly fork out 40 for these, they are utterly beautiful. In fact, I might buy them all and sell my naked palette!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by RyeSupporter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first got this as an impulse buy at Nordstrom trying to be nice to the lady and just returning it the next day. Well, I decided to keep it and I'm glad I did.

This is a great pink-nude palette. It may seem like you can't see the colors, but it's a nude palette and well, what does that tell you it's supposed to do? LOL.

Anyway, it's great. Nude, with just the right amount of color. M two complains with this palette and well every one in this line, is that the microfine glitter is wonderful, but not good on the day time which most people would use these palttes for. Also, the eyeliner doesn't stay on THAT well, but it's still pretty if you just take the darkest shade and set that with the cream liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by elisaaa

This Dior quint is my go to pallet for every day. The base shadow may be sheer but it definitely evens out the colour of my lids and helps my shadow to last longer. The colour shadows are buttery and so easy to blend, they look natural and give my eyes a 'wet' look - love it! Now for the cream liner. Like many others i thought this liner was a bust. The brush didn't seem to pick up enough product because it wasn't stiff enough and the colour was way too light, even for a natural look. No matter how much you apply it doesn't get any darker, and it's hard to make it show up against the darker eyeshadow shade. However, fear not ladies! If you have dark hair/brows there is a use for this cream liner after all. I have dark brown hair and dark brows, and this liner is perfect for definition and filling in sparse areas. I just slightly blend and brush all the hairs into place and i'm done! Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by rea1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am really a dior addict and this is my favourite pallette of all times! I use it for everyday looks but also for evening ones without applying the liner. The base colour is mediocre and i prefer other eye shadow primers/bases to it. However the liner seems fine to me since I don't use the little brush that comes with the quint, but my regular eyeliner brush. The other colours are great in texture and match each other perfectly. I can't think of any other eyeshadow so versatile. I also think it is is easy to apply even if you don't have any experience in make up since instructions are included and the colours are not vivid nor too strong. Finally I believe it is suitable for all eye colours!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

$60 eyeshadow O_o but i like it T__T
can't say it's a 60 dollars well spend caz it's really way too much for eyeshadow. but it's good quality. and the 5 colors gives you quit a few different ways to wear it. the powder is very fine and silky smooth. I really like how they include a cream liner and the brush:) so thoughtful. this color is a good choice for everyday wear:):):)
definitely use a good eyeshadow primer for it though ;)