August 21, 2014 | 1633 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - Apricots and Cream Firming Body Emulsion

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by lightlessness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A big let down. I am glad to read these reviews and know that it was not just me that started to smell something "off" with this product after a while. Also, as others have said this also has almost no moisturizing properties. Initially this product smells of fresh peaches and is really yummy, however once your body heat meets with it it quickly turns into something unappetizing. Returned it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

This smells pretty and perfect for spring and summer. I haven't noticed the "cat-urine" or "funk" that other reviewers have mentioned, but I don't think this smells much like apricots. I think it smells more like peaches, which is fine, but perhaps they should change the name of the product to "Peaches and Cream". It has a nice thick consistency, but it provides little in the way of actual moisturizing. My skin is not hydrated and soft after putting this on. But it smells like peaches, that's for sure! I haven't used this enough to attest to it's firming capabilities, but I give it 3 lippies for the smell. This is probably best for the girls that don't wear perfume and would just prefer a scented lotion for a light, pretty scent. Layer it over a more moisturizing body lotion though, and you'll be all set!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been using the lotion for about a week, and enjoyed the fresh fruity scent -- which is more like fresh peaches than apricots, with no "cream" scent. Soon I noticed that a "cat-urine" scent seemed to follow me wherever I went. Because I don't have cats, I assumed that dampness and mold had gotten into my clothing, and to combat this scent, I ordered a bolttle of the Apricots & Cream Spritz. Then I realized that the cat-urine scent was coming from the product itself. Yes, it does have a fresh peach scent, but it also comes with an equal dose of cat-pee-muskiness. I think thats what the previous reviewers were talking about. The lotion, although thick, isn't particularly moisturizing, and I noticed an increase in dry skin. The lotion and the spritz are going back to the store, and I'm still in search of a light, fruity, summer scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by lovekaj

I love the scent of this in the bottle. It smelled very fresh and fruity like apricots, but also to me it smelled a little like peaches. When I applied it I did notice it changed a little and smelled faintly of something like black licorice, which was strange. I would have liked this product, but I broke out in an allergic rash all over my hands and arms from it that lasted three days. I don't normally have allergies to things. I am pregnant and that may have made my skin more sensitive, not sure. I had to return this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This sounds delicious, no? No. This is one of those odd Philosophy strikeouts--should be great, but it's a loser. This definitely does smell like apricots, but there's an odd, funky underscent--not plasticky, but musty--that is present when you apply it. (It's the same funky scent as the 3-in-1, but less pronounced.) As it warms up on your body, the apricot scent competes with the funky scent till both, thankfully, disappear after a couple of hours--it's not something you want to smell on yourself all day. To be absolutely fair, though, I think apricot is a very difficult scent to capture and have it smell natural. This is also extremely thick, quite unlike other firming emulsions I've used--I had to pound a new bottle to get it to come out--yet is not very moisturizing. I generally love Philosophy's body products, but this is going back. I will not repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No