October 23, 2014 | 1743 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Apricots and Cream 3-in-1

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I ordered the apricots and cream scent in a set on qvc.com. It came with a 64oz 3in1 soap, a 32oz body lotion, and a 16oz body spritz. I had never smelled it in person but I do love peach and orange smells. I don't know about the other reviewers but the scent lasted for hours and hours on me. It did not fade, which surprised me since Philosophy scents tend to be mild and do not last. As soon as I smelled this, I was in heaven. To me, it smells like peach Jolly Ranchers. It smells so good! I went to work and 3 people stopped me to ask what I was wearing. The next morning, when the day shift returned, one of the nurses asked me what I was wearing because she wanted to buy it too. It smells so fresh and bright. I don't get a lot of sweetness from this. I just love it and I'm so glad I bought the set. It's one of my new favorite philosophy smells. I will be using this for years to come.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by armygirl

While I don't dislike any Philosophy scent, Apricots and Cream is not one of my personal favorites. However, it's very true to scent, as it smells just like freshly-sliced apricots covered in cream. I rated this one a 3/5 simply because the scent is very weak; it's very difficult to actually pick up on the scent, even when lathering with it in the shower. Most other Philosophy scents are like POW! You could smell them as soon as you open the bottle. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I agree with MaryEllen. This scent has an undertone that has a gaggy, bad scent to it. Initially, you first smell delicious apricots. Then that gross undersmell kicks in.... I could have got a bad batch... I don't know. What I do know is I will not be re-purchasing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by tiantianlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

delicious!! i'm having a hard time smelling the cream but the apricot is so juicy and yummy. it's not too overpoweringly scented and suds up to a rich foam.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh, I so wanted to love this. One smell in Sephora and I had to have it! But after using it in the shower, I have to agree with a previous reviewer that this particular 3-in-1 has an unusual undertone that quickly takes the place of the lovely, creamy, fruity scent. I wouldn't describe it as like plastic.. more like "unscented" soap. For some reason the smell made me think of Purpose face wash. Anyway, it was a real letdown because normally, philosophy 3-in-1's maintain their wonderful scents while you lather up and they even linger a little bit after rinsing. By the time I was ready to rinse I had very little in the way of that initial lovely apricots-and-cream smell any longer.

Other reviewers seem to disagree. Granted, this could be a product inconsistency issue. Or something peculiar to my nose. But I can say that, having used a number of philosophy 3-in-1's, some delicately scented, others more strongly, this one way underperformed in the scent department for me.

On the other hand, as a cleanser this still provided the wonderful, cushiony, easy-to-rinse foam that is typical of these shower gels. So I'll probably hold on to this for that aspect alone. I'm just let down that I don't get the nice smell all the way through.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by trapezer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG - delicious scent! I got this as a GWP and I have to say I will purchase again. Lovely smooth apricot scent - very fruity - lush - creamy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by justpeachy2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I think that this is my all time favorite shower gels. It smells so sweet, fresh and juicy, just like apricots! I cannot help but think about hot California days when I'd eat fresh apricots from the branch on my uncle's farm. So delightful! It has a creamy, high foaming lather when you put the gel on a pouf, which can get you squeaky clean with very little product. This item, according to my local Philosophy counter, is a limited edition product. I'm going to buy this again in the future, if I can :) Right now, they're all sold out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by sandyroy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

one of my favorites! i loved this scent, not at all plastic-y. it is perfect for the summer. it is high foaming, like it says, and i didn't feel any sort of residue on my skin after. i would repurchase but i was told at nordstrom that it was seasonal :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This sounds delicious, no? No. This is one of those odd Philosophy strikeouts--should be great, but it's a loser. This definitely does smell like apricots, but there's an odd, funky underscent--not plasticky, but musty--that becomes stronger the longer you shower. This is also very, very thick and oddly greasy--I felt as though it didn't rinse clean. I generally love the 3-in-1s, but this is going back. I will not repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No