October 22, 2014 | 1478 users online

Loose Powders - Flour Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am very pale so I can use white flour as loose face powder! Any kind of white flour will do. I keep mine in an empty Bobbi Brown face powder sifter jar and apply with a brush. It works wonderfully and you can pick it up at the grocery store. I think it's perfectly ok to use flour as face powder. They did in ancient times, and it's basic and it works. Imagine having an inexpensive large bag of face powder that won't be discontinued. I really love it. No, I'm not Goth, just fair/light and it works for me! I've used Nars, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, you- name-it expensive powders (got many pretty empty sifter jars!) and flour works just as well. Sometimes I even grind it finer in a coffee grinder before jarring it, but I don't really think you have to, there's probably not much of a difference. It's already fine powder. As the saying goes, if you think it's cool, it's cool.
I think it's cool.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 2:16:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is going to seem odd, but I really like flour as a loose face powder! My skin is light enough and I can get away with it. I mix some cinnamon powder in to make it slightly tinted and it works just fine! Smells pleasant. Dirt cheap, use as you would face powder to set makeup with a fluffy brush. It really works!