April 18, 2014 | 1386 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Tree Hut - Brazilian Nut Shea Body Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by sugartaste81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this, as I love TH's Brazilian Nut tree scrub, and this body butter smells delectable in the jar (like a creamy chocolately caramel). However, once I applied it, the scent settled into a burnt coffe smell. Not pleasant. And it left my skin feeling sticky for hours. I'd try other body butter by Tree Hut, but disappointingly won't be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the smell of this stuff! Smells like butterscotch/coffee candy! The lotion is non-greasy and absorbs into the skin pretty well. I do agree with other reviewers though that it seems the texture of the lotions can be at times inconsistent. I currently own a sample of the Tree Hut Shea Body Butter in coconut lime (this smells equally decadent!) from a recent Ulta purchase and that lotion almost feels like a face cream because of its smooth soft creamy texture. The Brazilian nut body butter I purchased at Walmart for about 5 dollars on sale. The texture of Brazilian nut one is thick but still smooth and creamy. I don't think they're different formulas because they have the same ingredients (except for fragrance). Regardless I don't mind the difference in texture because ultimately they both work wonderfully as non-greasy, yummy smelling lotion that hydrates the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by makeupphilanderer

I love the way this smells, like caramel and butterscotch, yummm. It doesn't apply as smooth and creamy as I would like it to but is still pretty moisturizing. The best part is, it's cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by mchll9898

I used this a few years ago, but recently bought it again when I found it for $15 for 3 jars on Amazon (used to buy it at Walmart but they stopped selling it and I thought the product got discontinued... not so! I'm sad I didn't figure this out sooner.) I am in love with this body butter. The smell is to die for. So yummy smelling! Sort of like a hazelnut/caramel smell. It makes my skin feel super soft :)

In the past other body butters I have used are very waxy and you have to dig them out of the jars...but Treehut's is a lot smoother and creamier, yet thick and luxurious. Years ago I used to use this with the matching Brazilian Nut Dry Oil Mist. But Treehut discontinued their dry oil mists sadly. The body butter and dry oil mist used to work very well together and the oil gave my skin a glowy, shiny (yet not greasy!) healthy shine that was pretty in summer. I wish they would bring those back. I recently emailed Treehut to ask if they were going to ever sell the dry mist oil again and they said they weren't planning on it but if there was a demand for it they would. So email them if you are interested!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

This is one of my favorite scents from Tree Hut. It kind of smells like a sugar cookie :) very sweet, but not overpowering. Though I like the scent I have to deduct lippies due to the inconsistencies with texture. Sometimes I get a truly "buttery" texture (smooth, creamy, absorbs well) and other times I get a big clump of wax (ouch - espc. when putting it on after shaving!). So while it smells nice it's iffy on quality. Sometimes warming it between your hands can help, but not always. The Hawaiian Kukui, IMO, is the best of the body butters for consistently smooth texture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this after deciding to not go with the Palmers cocoa butter and I'm glad I did. This stuff smells so delicious! It makes your skin feel very moisturized. The consistency is really, really thick. I use this at nighttime after a bath applied to damp skin before bed. It seems like it takes a while to really "sink" in but by morning my skin feels baby soft and very hydrated. Did I mention it's $4? Total score!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by MommyMomdri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's my second favorite scent on this line. I find it heavier than Original shea butter, but I adore the scent. I always have some in my gym bag and some at home.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by In2th3night

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this 7oz jar from Walmart for $4.88. I love this because it is thick and smells like caramel! I wish it did not have cyclomethicone (it's the 2nd ingredient) in it....but that is what makes this product last so long on your skin. I wanted this especially for my feet and legs,hands. It is lighter than petroleum...(which I will never use again) I have never used anything that has lasted overnight like this has...no need to reapply...but you'll want to because it smells so good! This is thick and rich , like a body butter should be...not greasy. - Ingredients; water, cyclomethicone,Glycerine,shea butter ,safflower seed oil,cetearyl alcohol,PEG-100 stearate,cocoa seed butter,peg-8 beeswax,lanolin alcohol,Polysorbate80, Laureth 4,Fragrance,Brazil nut seed oil,Xantham Gum,Phenozyethanol,Sodium Benzoate,Potassium Sorbate,Diazolidinyl Urea,Disodium EDTA,BHT,Caramel

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Butterfly2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yall, this stuff smells soo good and makes your body feel good too! Makes you want to stay in and pamper yourself. I will but again ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by amateuratmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My thoughts are no different than others on this products. The smell is so divine and it's cheap - I got it from London Drugs for only 8.00. I think it's a dupe for Body Butter from the Body Shop and for only a fraction of the price! :D How awesome is that? However, some may not like the strong smell and the jar pakaging could be improved. I will absolutely repurchase this. :)