April 16, 2014 | 2034 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Patricia Wexler MD Dermatology - Daily Defense Anti-Oxidant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 in Light

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Meh - I have this in light and it is too dark for me (I usually wear the 2nd lightest shade in most foundations). It gives me a dewy look, which is also not for me as I prefer a more matte look. Much improved w/ setting powder. Love the spf; have not broken out. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by cmkelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this for 75% off at a Bath and Body Works sale. I purchased two of them in the light color after trying the medium on and it looked a bit too brown/orangey on me.

I am oily with 10-15 minutes of washing, but I don't really need a foundation as my skin is really clear. When I do use a foundation I really like Estee Lauder's double wear light. It gives me enough coverage and wears exceptionally well.

As other reviewers have commented this "moisturizer" is very greasy. I didn't want to throw it away, so I blot after applying it. I have to use 3-4 blotting tissues to get rid of most of the slimy shine. Then, I set with powder. It's okay, but I would never recommend this product unless you are very dry and need a lot of moisturizing. It's a shame because the product is full of good things, natural antioxidants, etc. It's just too greasy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Roxxy6341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up at the Bath and Body Works Sale. I don't use foundation, and thought a light tinted moisturizer would be nice to have. It had SPF 30, and was really inexpensive, so I bought one. Im NW20, and the light shade was a bit too dark for me. It gave me some nice healthy color though, so props for that. The application was a little runny, so I applied with my hands opposed to using a brush.
I didn't like how the product settled on my skin. It was a little too dewy for my taste, and I set it with and MSFN. Another time I tried this with a setting powder, and used MUFE HD. Adding the setting powder made the TM feel heavy on my face.
Once in awhile this is a good product to use, but for everyday this is not a good product for me. I will finish my tube, but will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was introduced to the Wexler line last year through the anti-aging kit. I like all the products I tried and really love this TM so far. Contains antioxidants and high SPF 30. Has a bit of sunscreen scent but it does not linger. It's the only one that I don't have to pre-mix with another moisturizer, which saves some time. I use the Medium shade and it really makes my skin glow without being shiny. It's also quite light upon application. It lasts all day and rinses away easily. Priced at $30. So far so good in the Florida summer. This may be my HG TM. Will update in a couple of months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by murflegirl

I've been wanting a lighter foundation look and feel lately, so I picked this up. I have liked most anything from Wexler's skincare line because it has worked so well for me, so I figured I would give this a shot. I use this right after I use the serum. I have it in light since I'm around NW20. :) I found out quickly that a little bit of this tinted moisturizer really goes a long way.

Pros:
* SPF 30
* gives nice even coverage, looks great when I put my Studio Fix powder on top of it
* lasts all day
* I get compliments on my skin when I wear it
* a little goes a long way
* has extra antioxidants that make skin happy
* makes me and my skin look awake and refreshed

Cons:
* overwhelming sunscreen smell. REALLY overwhelming.
* can feel a little greasy at first on my oily skin
* Gives a glowy look--prefer to have a more matte look
* Rather high priced for a tinted moisturizer

Glad I tried this, but $30 is a bit high for me for a tinted moisturizer--not to mention I want to try other ones before declaring anything my holy grail. Does what it promises to and has the MMPi technology to boot. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

got this in the dark color....and a little goes a long way....its a moisturizer ladies!.......all you need is a tiny drop in each zone area. then after 5-10min....i add a sheer light loose mac foundation...and it goes well. dont use a full coverage powder foundation....its too heavy.....this product is good for spring summer..if u are dry sometimes.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by lanlajolie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this tinted moisturizer, hoping to end my search for tinted moisturizers and make this my holy grail. But no, I am still on the search.

This was a very greasy tinted moisturizer. A little bit was all I needed to keep my skin soft, but just a little bit was not enough color for me. So, of course, I tried to layer up, with resulted in looking so disgustingly slimy. Then, I tried to set it with powder, after I blotted some of it off due trying to add a tiny bit more coverage, which made me look so gross.
I purchased this in medium, which I figured would be about the right match for me, but it was too orange.

Then there was that smell. It smelled funky. It was not pleasant. I can put up with it, but I'd much prefer not to. It's a weird sunscreen scent. There's the sunscreen scent, which I usually don't mind, I actually think it smells pleasant. But there was also another scent to it that I can't quite put a finger on. It just doesn't smell right.

The packaging? Plain, but easy to use, sanitary, quick.
The title? Long, and simple.

The price? It was $30 a tube. You can make your own opinion on value with that. I think it's still expensive, personally. Especially for the quality of this tinted moisturizer. The consistency was nice, though. I really liked it. It was thick and gel-like, wasn't runny or anything. A bit difficult to blend in though. I tried a tiny swatch on my hand the very first time I saw this, and it took a while to properly blend. If not blended properly, there would be unevenness and these tiny blotches in the skin. I mean, blending is a must, but THAT MUCH blending? Not worth it. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by JCS772

I also bought this at Bath + Body Works and also think it's "strange," as the last reviewer commented. I find it's hard to blend because it's on the thicker/oiler side than what I usually prefer in a tinted moisturizer. It definitely feels more like a liquid foundation than a tinted moisturizer. While I think it works better over a primer, that seems to make it even more difficult to blend (I suppose because of the "barrier" primers provide....not sure.) I don't think I'll re-purchase, though I'll likely try to use all of this tube. This product keeps me on the fence about the overall quality of Wexler products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by juliaesands

I saw this at Bath and Body Works and tried it on- I had just finished sampling some of her serums, so I had this on top of a lot of skin-silkifying creams so that might be the reason my skin felt incredibly soft, supple and even toned. The texture itself is thick, without being heavy. The Light works brilliantly for my NW20-25 skin tone, and as my skin is in a drier phase, adds a lot of moisture. It is definitely not a TM to use if you are very oily, as the texture might be too heavy, but you never know. When I put it on, about 3 minutes later I get the full effect of how it feels. My skin looks light and even-toned and faintly more luminous (I don't think there's mica in the formula but I can't remember!) I'm going to try this for a few days and see how it goes but I'm optimistic and the SPF 30 is a keeper!

This is a strange product. The texture is lovely, but it works better with a serum or a primer underneath. I don't feel like my skin feels much smoother with just this. In terms of coverage it's really not much for you, but it does lend a slight glow. Not my HG, in short (that would be Laura Mercier Illuminating TM or Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer) but an interesting product.