November 22, 2014 | 1772 users online

Makeup Brushes - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage Powder Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I have been using this brush for years - so many that I eventually had to replace my first one after nearly daily use and washings simply because I was worried about bacteria. This is an excellent brush. First, I like its sturdy construction (I wash it a few times a week, and use it every single time I wear makeup but it has yet to shed a single hair - and neither did the previous one). I also like its performance...it is perfect for spot application of loose powder on top of under-eye concealer, for example, or over any areas where I have applied concealer, for that matter. This and Laura Mercier's translucent powder help my makeup last through an entire day. My only complaint is that the brush loses it shape a bit with frequent use (the hairs on the sides tend to stick out quite a bit), but truth be told this does not affect the brush's performance at all. I would certainly repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Performs poorly for undereye area product application for which it is intended by leaving streaky, brushmarked appearance.

Definitely outclassed and outperformed by MAC alternatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by bvbvvbvvv

i think it is more like a concealer brush, especially for undereye area. it is better than that small concealer brush and also better than mac194. i used it to apply secret concealer form LM everyday, works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by merryjane81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to set the undereye concealer. It works okay. It's soft and does what it's suppose to. It doesn't shed like some other brushes I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by gseymour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As with the other LM brushes I have reviewed, this a good brush that does what it was designed to do, but costs way too much money! The only reason I have one is that I bought the Flawless Face Kit from Sephora which includes this brush.

I get just as good results using my EcoTools brushes, and the EcoTools brushes are just as good quality for a fraction of the price of LM brushes. For under eye powder application (I use LM Secret Brightening Powder #2), the EcoTools travel ponytail eyeshadow brush works just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Mipmip

I use this for concealing with my everyday minerals foundation, great for undereyes and wherever on my face!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

The Camouflage Powder Brush is a brush designed for carefully setting your concealer with powder; most specifically, it's great for using with Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder to set your concealer, especially under the eyes, but it's also good for setting the powder over concealer on blemishes or any other areas of the face.

This is a synthetic brush which is approximately 7"/17.78cm. Like all the LM brushes, it has a metal ferrule, and a wood handle. The bristles are shaped into a nicely curved shape on top, and the brush has an overall flat(ish) shape. It is very soft, but the synthetic bristles are firm, and not at all flimsy. This brush is larger than a big eyeshadow brush, and smaller than a foundation brush. You are supposed to use it with a "patting" motion (rather than a "painting" sort of motion).

The reason that I've given this brush a 4 instead of a 5 is just because I don't think it's really necessary to have an extra brush for this purpose. A clean eyeshadow, concealer, or foundation brush could all be used for the same purpose with, I believe, the same results. On the other hand, if you don't have another brush that's likely to be clean at the moment .. maybe this brush would be a good investment.
I have also used this brush for a bunch of other purposes as well, it's a good brush and it adapts well to whatever purpose you want it to serve. Some of the things I've used it for include: as a smaller foundation brush for getting into hard to reach areas like the corners of the nose, as a large concealer brush for areas like under the eyes, or to cover the redness in my cheeks, as an extra large eyeshadow brush for a big wash of color, to apply shimmery powder to cheekbones, as a blush brush.
I don't feel that this brush is essential to my collection, but it's handy, and it does get used frequently (and often for the purpose it was actually made for!).
If the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder is a HG for you, and you use it every day, I would definitely suggest getting this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

It's an excellent brush, but if you have a concealer or foundation brush, you do not need this. It may be a waste of money. I bought it just to have it. But i achieve the same result with a foundation brush dipped into LM brightening powder. This brush is nice but not necessary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by wanyilee

Excellent for applying powder on to areas where you just covered with concealer so the concealer does not rub off later on! Great brush by Laura Mercier, helps a lot to hide those blemishes!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2006 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Timarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is must-have tool for a lasting finish on your concealer. I have been using it for years and the light, even coating of powder that this brush provides sets my concealer nicely everytime. It doesn't look cakey and lasts all day. Just remember not to "brush" the powder on. The best way is to pick up some powder, tap the brush on a kleenex, then gently press it over the skin where the concealer has been applied. I use this brush only for setting concealer so that I can keep it clean. I do not use it for eye shadows. BTW, I highly recommend the LM Secret Brightening Powder.