October 25, 2014 | 1828 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pure White Chromaline

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nothing will make me change my mind about the packaging.. it is heavy and does not lend itself to conserving the product.

that said, I have loved my white chromaline with a passion. It is matte. It works far better than most paint pots or eye primers because it does not grab my eyeshadow unevenly. It give me a huge pop of openness on my eyelind. I use it as a blurry line also on top of my blackest cat eyeliner. It is amazing how it this opens your eyes up.

I also use it to tone down some of my red lipsticks (use a tiny bit and pick up with a CLEAN lipstick brush). Voila, pink and violet shades appear. It is inexpensive for all the applications one can do with it.

this is a very versatile product as I have also seen it used to lighten facial discolorations, pimples etc. before foundation application.

I always have one in my travel kit as well as on my dresser and a back up.. yeah, one gets quite paranoid about MAC discontinuing products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

As the reviewer below stated, this is one of the few Chromalines that is actually eye safe. These are creamy and so easy to apply and can work wonders for an eyeshadow base, particularly if you want your bright shadows to pop with colour. Just be sure to only apply where you're going to put shadow because these are hard to blend into a sheer shade.
Also, MAC, if you're listening... I'd love to see these in skintone shades like the Chromographic pencils, NC15/NW20 and NW25/NC30.
I should also note that although these are Pro products, anyone can call their 1-800 number and order them. You just don't get the Pro discount.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by danapotter16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product because of the creaminess. The texture is between a paint pot and a paint stick (both from MAC). I use it for an eye shadow base, clown makeup, body art and a lip base. The only downfall is the majority of the Chromalines are not eye safe.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by itgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this almost daily as a primer/base for my eye shadow. Patted on lightly with a fingertip and then blended out, it creates a matte, crease-free base for any colour or combination possible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is awesome. I had to swap it away though because I found the color so stark white and so long lasting that it would dry the heck out of my eye lids. I am regretting though because then was winter and now in the summertime it might have been perfect texture, but the color would be still weird tho. This is definitely more long lasting than paint pots. I am now using soft ochre paintpot, but my shadow has started to crease with that. I think I will just use it as a concealer. The Chromaline is so pigmented. I want to get the primary yellow chromaline instead of white.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad that MAC put this on the website and in stores since before it was only avalible through their PRO line. I agree with the previous reviewer comparing it to a better quality of the NYX jumbo pencils. The NYX pencils creased on me and sharpening it is a hassle and waste of product. I use this as a base/primer sometimes, depending on the look that I am going for. I use this every single day as a brow bone highlight and its perfect since its matte, looks natural, and blends easily for a dramatic or tone downed effect. I will absolutley buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by shamrockglitter

I absolutely love it! I had been looking for a good white base for a long time. Others were pretty good but the staying power of this makes it awesome. It can be sheer to opaque. You need this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by DesignerdrugXx

This product is so blend able and it makes the color you put on top so true and bright. It reminds me a lot of NYX Milk yet it lasts longer and doesn't crease.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

I have been searching for the perfect white base and pure white chromaline is it. This is a milky white base that goes on smooth and blends well. I use this when I want to make lighter e/s colors that don't show up well on their own pop.