August 31, 2014 | 1651 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Dark

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by SO11

Lovely consistency. Feels creamy as a finely-milled powder. I am NC25 in summertime, and I use "Dark" as an everyday contour color, or to warm up my skin to add dimension and a bit of shadow to my face after foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this after all of the positive reviews, but after having it applied at the MAC store, my boyfriend said 'wow, you look sparkly' (not what I'm going for) and I had a suspicion that it broke me out. I tried it again at home, and didn't like the too sheer coverage (by itself), too cakey coverage on top of my tinted moisturizer, and very visible points of shimmer that you could see all over my face in bright light. This one is going back...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by kbaker21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What i love most about this compact is how well it matches my skin tone. I have such trouble finding make up that matches; it is always too red or too orange or too yellow. Mac always has the best spectrum of tints IMO. Although, the powder can be a bit messy and when used only as a light powder, you will have to reapply after a few hours. All in all it is a great product esp. when used with the Mac Prep + Prime BB Cream!...makes me look FLAWLESS :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by prttybrwneyez13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this pressed powder in Dark for years after having such bad luck with drugstore powders. It matches my skin tone perfectly. When setting my foundation, it adds a nice glow to my skin, hence the 'natural' in the product name, I guess?? LOL. I agree with other reviewers that it is rather pricey, but I enjoy the quality of the product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really loved this colour for my NC35 skintone. I really loved the texture, how it was matte but not dry, and really brightened up my skin. No problems with oxidizing throughout the day on me either. I unfortunately had to give it a neutral rating because it really, badly broke me out! BADLY! And I rarely break out due to products. This had to go back to the store. Really really wanted it to work for my skin. Glad it works for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by thegoldengirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this, but it's definitely a splurge that I've found I can really do without. I usually use it as a powder after applying my own version of tinted moisturizer (Olay moisturizer and a pump of my foundation mixed together and applied). I do love the way it makes my face looks, but by midday I have a hint of orange to my face. If I apply more it can get worse. So for now I've switched to L'Oreal powder and revisit this again in the fall/winter.

ETA: I ended up returning this. The oxidization was too much for me. I liked the way it looked when first applied but not the way I looked mid day or at the end of the day. No bueno.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by LTETobago

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I just bought this product yesterday after reviewing and reviewing and reviewing it. I did not want to spend the money and was on the fence about buying L'Oreal true match superblendable pressed powder in N8 or Maybelline veil pressed powder (which is now discontinued anyways) but splurged and spent my $30. I know i've only worn it for one day but I absolutely love it. The girl in Mac said deep dark was not for me and I initially didnt think dark was either but she applied it to my face with a flat top dual fiber brush and I instantly fell in love. I did not have any makeup on when I went in and yes it gave me a clean slate face so to speak. Today I am wearing it over my Maybelline BB cream in dark and I must say, I just found my two new bestfriends in Makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by xkudax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's just ok. Nothing worth getting excited about or anything. However I would y purchase again because I believe there is better!

UPDATE
I underestimated this powder.
Packaging leaves a lot to be desired, but i've finally found a use for it on my nc50 skin. I use it as a nude eyeshadow to even the colour of my eyelid skin after primer And its absolutely wonderful for that purpose. Havent used it as a powder since, am using select sheer loose powder now in nc45

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by latifa11

this product is amazing during application, it gives a nice glow and tanned look, and i loved it
but after a while it oxidizes so badly!
i wear this to uni sometimes and by the end of the day my face is orange
so instead ill use it as a contour (as i wont look like an oompa loompa) until i run out
i would not repurchase
packaging is nice but does not have a mirror

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this one. I like it because it does not leave a white ashy cast on my face. I like it because it is light and natural looking. I don't like it because it changes the color of my fondation. I don't like it because it oxidizers over a few hours. Looks like my face is turning a rust colored orange. If you are an nw in makeup you will be ok but for nc's the orange face may occurr.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No