Smashbox smolder

on 12/3/2009 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an eyeshadow quad consisting of the following four shades: A cream highlight, a light golden tan, a deeper brown, and a medium burgundy. All have shimmer, but nothing over the top, and at a level at which I am comfortable wearing them to work. The shades are relatively basic - if you are looking for something unique to add to an established makeup collection, this is not it. However, if you are looking for some nice neutrals to add and you don't have many browns, this could be a good choice for you. The shadows themselves are easily blended, with good (but not great) pigmentation. Overall, a good workhorse set, but since the shades aren't all that unique, I unfortunately can't get overly excited about them. This is my primary reason for the average "3" rating.

on 6/3/2009 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Finally! Smashbox eyeshadow that I love!!! Beautiful, soft, shimmery, blendable, smoky....these are the words I would use to describe smolder. I think it was a LE but I'm stocking up....the richness and pigmentation of the shades was almost MAC-like. Almost..but not quite. but for the price (10 bucks on ebay) totally worth it. there is a beautiful shimmery vanilla, shimmery beige taupe, shimmery golden brown, and a rich, shimmery plum burgandy. all are usable shades....I love it!