April 18, 2014 | 917 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Dermawand

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by sammygirl1962

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi there,
Please do not laugh. I have one of the very first Dermawands and have been using it for the past 15 years. Loved it then and still love it. The recent infomercials had me take it back out after a few years of not using it. Why I stopped I guess life just took over and got too busy. I am 52 this year and the past 10 weeks of using the dermawand has made me feel foolish. I have seen such wonderful changes. Then yesterday it finally stopped working not because of having a damaged glass but my own fault The cord became loose, I guess I did not take good care when repacking it. Silly me a person should be more careful with something they love and works so well for so long.

I called about having it repaired and as expected the young man who picked up my call laughed. I was not looking for warranty LOL." They may not even have parts for a black handle style LOL" was his reply Just looking to see if I could send it for repair or ask if I should just purchase a new one.... A new one of course. So next on my list is add a dermawand to my wish list.

Great Product Trusted results a women's best friend. I am living proof. and 15 years of usage speaks for itself.

Thank you so much to Dermawand for all the years of faithful true results

Susan C Condron
Stoney Creek
ON.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by riverwidow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have read every site with reviews for the derma wand and would say appx 80% positive..however doesn't mean I believed them. But for 120 bucks which included shipping I thought what the heck...if it doesn't work it might at least make my skin abit brighter. I am someone who has done plastic surgery, fillers and botox. Well I plugged the derma wand in with no expectations and wow was I wrong.! The lines on my upper chest just about diminished and fine smokers lines on mouth darn near unnoticeable. while I won't say they are gone I will say it sure works in plumbing them up so they appear gone. I really truly didn't think this product would do anything but boy I was wrong. they say to use this daily which I will do and see how it continues to work but so far I am impressed. Great product to use even for those special events where u want to look good. highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by pattylynne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased my dermawand in November 2012. At least 5 times a week, 15 minutes daily I faithfully use it. I am a retired Chemistry teacher, and have made many observations about the product, its quality and capabilities.
First of all, 3 minutes twice daily does nothing. You might as well not even bother if you follow the directions given.
The product samples were very nice for treating my hands. For my face, they were a waste. The glass-tipped sensor always got all icked up, and had to be cleaned after regular use with alcohol to get rid of the sludge which hinders its effectiveness. NOWHERE does it state that this must be done.
I wash my face, and use a toner to clean off any residue. The skin is damp, and the dermawand works just fine.
The dermawand has reduced the very fine lines around my lips, and plumped them. It has reduced the redness leftover from my multiple laser surgeries for a port wine stain birthmark which I had done back in the 1990s. It has faded the scar that resulted when my son accidentally bumped the scab off postprocedure.
I have eliminated all but three skin tags from one side of my neck. Two on the other side are barely visible. The faint lines between my brows are faded, and I have no crows feet or facial lining.
I wish there was a model with twice the power. I have a residual scar and loose skin from the swelling of my neck due to an inflamed thyroid which was removed in 2011. The scar is faintly visible, but if the unit was more powerful it would have more successfully and completely eliminated the puckers in my neck and stretched skin from where my thyroid damaged it.
The only thing the unit cannot do for me is to stimulate collagen growth under my eyes, where there are hollows that began to appear after my thyroid surgery and worsened after I was diagnosed with cancer in June 2012. The darkness was eliminated, but I still have the hollows there.
If the manufacturers would design a higher powered unit, I would be delighted to have one. It is of my opinion that if I was not putting in the time every night after I shower, and just dinked around with this 6 minutes a day, it would do nothing. Significant change in the skin can only be accomplished at least by doubling or tripling its intensity.
As for products, I alternate between the Peter Thomas Roth line, and whatever I have on the dressing table--Roc, Booth (from Target), Loreal. I use the product AFTER I work with the dermawand.
I think there would be many more happier customers if this unit was more of a medical device and less of a massager.
If the makers decide to upgrade this product I for one would be delighted to participate in a study, or to buy another one. It is good, but there is a lot of room for improvement. I did not buy mine through their site--I paid about $60 for mine on Amazon, and for that price I most certainly got my money's worth. Hope this helps.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has forsure made a big difference! I still get pimples but this really makes them go away much much faster. I never get that hideous cystic style acne or red marks forever. Make sure to keep this away from eyelids as several times I have woken up with massive puffy eyes from this.

This is very expensive but all in all I would forsure buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by libra56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using my Dermawand for a month now. I like it! I didn't expect miracles or expect lines to magically disappear, but what I did notice is that the texture of my skin has improved dramatically. My skin appears more dewy, I look more rested and bags under my eyes are much less noticeable. I use it twice a day with my own skin products (Shiseido-Benefiance line). What I did not like about the company is that they signed me up to receive their creams, etc. once a month. I did not ask for that. I was just informed that my first shipment of cream is on its way, so I will have to return it (my postage). I have cancelled the automated monthly shipment and hopefully will not see this happen again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Cher19

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 53 years of age have fair skin and blue eyes and have been using the Dermawand for 7 weeks. To be perfectly honest I cannot see how you can burn your face with this product. I am more than happy with the results that I have noticed since I have started using the Dermawand. What I think people should remember is that it is not a magic wand and many of the lines on your face have been there for a number of years so I would not expect them to disappear within a few days or even weeks of using the product. What I have noticed is that my skin looks more radiant, feels more dewy and very smooth. I have also noticed a reduction in the very fine lines on my face. I have read a lot of reviews on this product and some that I have read seem incredibly dramatic to say the least. I use the Dermawand on number 9 for everywhere except my eyes. I have noticed my eyes seem more uplifted and with no puffiness or bagging under the eye. I use my usual day cream (Loreal Revitalift Laser x 3 - inexpensive) and spend approx 10 mins each morning doing all the bits on my face. My skin is not overly sensitive but certainly not as robust as some skin types. To date I have had no bad results only positive results. Just remember it took a long time to gather the lines and it will take consistent work to diminish them. Hope this helps.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by njks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got Derma wand for Christmas and I used it three times now. The last time I used it was on Christmas Eve, I was too busy to use it again after that. On New Years Eve I came down with Shingles! On my face! The stinging pain from the Shingles feels a lot like the shocking feeling from the Derma wand. I can't help but worry that I brought on the Shingles by using this thing. I am not done with my 30 day warranty but reading about shingles, you can have lasting stinging sensations for about 3 months after having shingles. I don't think I want to keep this product, I'm a bit freaked out by it now. If anyone else has had this kind of reaction, please don't be shy and let us all know.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by noveltee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First a little bit about myself...I am just turning 52 this year, and have very fair, somewhat sun-damaged skin. I am prone to crows feet and have nasal labial folds forming...a few laugh lines...and probably, my skin is somewhat worse looking for it's age than my friends' skin - though I don't use Botox or fillers and I'm pretty sure nearly all of my girlfriends do. Anyway, I have used this product for 60 days. I use it morning and night, after washing my face and using Reviva Labs Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester and DMAE cream. Have I noticed a reduction in wrinkles? No, not really. HOWEVER, I do like the fact that using this morning and night forces me to massage my face and make sure the cream gets nicely rubbed in. I also have found that my skin is very even - no acne whatsoever (not that I get much more than the occasional pimple) and it really takes care of those! Blackheads gone! My complexion does look fabulous. I also know that I tend to wear my stress in my forehead, and this product really does smooth that out! I noticed after a few weeks of using it that it was hard to even frown! I think it just relaxes my face and it's calming my frown muscles...I do like that about it. I use it every morning and night for about 5 min. on the highest setting - and it doesn't hurt at all. I use it on my lips (right on them - tingles but not in a bad way), face, neck and tops of hand. Even if it doesn't erase all the damage of time, it does invigorate my face and my complexion looks bright and healthy. If you find that your facial skin has lost some of it's youthful glow, and you want to make sure you are providing daily massage (which can't hurt) and a way to encourage your moisturizer to get down into your skin, then I do recommend this product. I bought mine directly, and they even let me have an extra 30 days (2 months) of free trial - all I had to do was ask. They do stand behind the product - even though I don't think the products in the skin care line are of any value. I mean, where else can you try out a product for 2 months for free? It's a great facial massage tool, and will make you feel youthful just because it wakes up your facial skin! Also, if it can help my neck out at all, then I'm willing to commit! It works great with the aforementioned Reviva Labs cream (also not expensive) because that is supposed to help with tone and lifting too! Good luck with this...for me, I'm keeping it because it does no harm and I like the way it wakes up my face, adds a glow and my skin quite honestly is nicer overall than when I started using it - no less wrinkles, but certainly no additional ones, and since my skin is looking so nice, who cares about a few signs of age... I say yes.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by sauceymaker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product about 2-3 months ago and I am still unsure. I do not use it on a real regular basis. The first 2 weeks I used it once a day mostly. 3 or 4 days I did use it twice a day though. I had wrinkles between my brows and those parenthesis wrinkles beside my mouth.
The wrinkles between brows are almost gone. The wrinkles by my mouth are getting better and I had wrinkles around my lips that are almost gone too. But I seem to notice my skin in my cheek area seems to have a couple of little areas like fat pockets.
I'm wondering if derma wand helps produce more collagen and if so can it produce uneven skin either by uneven use of wand or I'm just seeing new aging issues.
I'll keep trying to research this for some kind of answers. Any help would be appreciated!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by bandmutter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wish I had done more research before ordering this product. I ordered it over 2 weeks ago and it finally arrived yesterday. I figured they give you 30 days to try it and don't charge your credit card until then so you can return it if you like. WE SHALL SEE! I tried it this morning and was completely unimpressed. I know they say it may take weeks to see results but I already think it is a load of crap and certainly not worth the price. It is a ploy to get you to order more of their lotions that, let's face it, if you are just applying lotions as they instruct faithfully every day and night, you will get results. This regimen has more to do with washing and moisturizing than anything this device is doing. The booklet and DVD (which is some lame format that can't be read by lots of computers and very poor quality!) actually give contradictory information and directions! The infomercial said you could use this all over, even on legs and hands but no mention of that in any of the literature that came with it. The first page of the pamphlet says "The glass bulb is not covered by the DermaWand product warranty. ...To repair a broken bulb, return unit in original packaging to the address below with a payment by check or money order for $25.00 US to cover shipping and repairs." I want to know how long a bulb will last! Can I expect to be returning this thing at $25 a pop once a year or more? Already the $$$ is adding up in my head. The kit was supposed to come with the Derma Vital Pre-Face, Hydra Infusion, Hydra Support Moisturizer and Skin Mist ($120 value my TUCKUS!). Mine came with the first two and Eye Recovery (instead of Hydra Support moisturizer) and no mist. (Big deal - the mist is just purefied water as I understand it!) The pre-face gel is absorbed so fast you have to reapply over and over before even completing one treatment! I live in a tropical environment (Houston, TX) and do NOT have dry skin! Can't imagine how fast this stuff disappears on someone with dry skin. The Hydra Infusion is so think you can barely spread it around. No wonder you need to follow up with a spritz of water! As to their marketing, shame on me, I fell for it! After getting my hands on this kit I am convinced that #1 the women in the infomercial are naturally beautiful and have great skin and makeup, #2 are probably very young looking for their age anyway OR lied about their age so we'd be fooled, #3 have the ability to cock one eyebrow to give the appearance of it being "lifted" by the device in front of our very eyes. I am about to see what it takes to get an RO number and pack this think back up. Even if it worked as they say it will after daily used for weeks, it takes much more that a couple of minutes and I am not likely to keep up with it. This just looks like one money pit after the other and their constant hounding to get you to commit to a club to keep giving them money for sub-par products. The website asked at least 3 times if I wanted to add a subscription to other items before I could complete my order...should have known then this was a scam! Wish me luck - I am off to see how to return this and not have my card charged!

7 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No