April 23, 2014 | 1984 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Intensive Healing- Advanced Body Moisturizer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my go to body lotion in the warmer months. While it is described as "Intensive Healing" lotion, I'd say the texture is more light, almost gel consistancy. However, it hydrates my dry skin very well. I think there has been a reformulation with added fragrance, but it is a subtle pleasant scent IMO. It is very fresh and unisex, without being sharp, a bit like fresh cut grass. It is quite similar to the smell of St. Ive's Fresh Skin facial moisturizer. It comes in a huge pump bottle ($3.00-$4.00 range), which though very clean and convienent does cause some product waste. Love that this hydrates so well and has a pleasant scent that layers well with clean Spring/Summer frags. I find it freshents my Winter juniper based edt to make it Summery. Have repurchased many times.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this lotion. It absorbs quickly, moisturizes well, and doesn't feel sticky or have any scent. Plus it's pretty cheap, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by janeeugenia

Actually did improve my skin (in winter especially) and this one in particular has very nice scent, A+

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's...nice.

I usually buy this brand's Oatmeal & Shea Butter lotion; it offers insane moisture to my dry, easily irritated skin, that actually lasts. Therefore, when I saw the whole "24 hr. moisture" gig on the bottle of this one I was like "Well, I'll give it a try..."

The smell is light and minimally offensive (it's supposed to be fragrance free?) and the lotion is thick, going on the skin quite smoothly. I do like it. However, it doesn't offer me nearly as much moisture as my usual lotion, and it's useless for me in this winter weather; if I put it on in the morning by nightfall my legs are dry and itchy all over again. It also isn't good for extremely dry, cracked skin. It won't do much to solve that. It's okay, but definitely not St. Ives best.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by DonaL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Recently I had a hard time finding this, could only get the Vitamin E. Today I found it in Target, and bought the three remaining bottles on the shelf. Both my son and I use this (he has eczema and is very picky about lotions), so I stockpiled. It's no accident that the shelf was full of the other St Ives varieties (which are all good BTW) and down to the last three on this one - it is THE BEST-great value & quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by inouerinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
i) fairly good mix of proven skin healing and repairing ingredients and antioxidants.
ii) feels light yet moisturizing.
iii) cheap and it comes in humongous size.
iv) 'Fragrance' is listed last in the ingredients list of this lotion. For me the fragrance is barely there. It is gone after a few seconds.
Cons:
well there's no cons to be reported.

This is definitely a HG body lotion. I hope St. Ives doesn't go crazy and reformulate this lotion.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by emmamulligan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This smells BAD. Like Muskoll. Otherwise a very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by karatekitties

What do I love about this moisturizer? Well, EVERYTHING!

You would expect something that's labelled as 'intensive' to be super heavy and greasy. This is not. It gets absorbed into your skin almost immediately and doesn't leave an icky, greasy feeling. And my skin felt soft and smooth instantly.

The fact that it's cruelty-free and paraben and phthalate-free seals the deal for me.

Super, über highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I would never have purchased this if I had gone to my normal grocery store since the choices are endless. I literally had 4 choices at this store and decided on this. I have been using this for a few week and I will never go back to my old lotion. This has a very faint scent but since it is supposed to be unscented I'm going to assume it's from all the natural plant extracts and it's a nice smell. It reminds me alot of vaseline when it's first pumped out but when rubbed in it's so moisturizing and not greasy whatsoever. It isn't sticky either. I love that it has no parabens and does not test on animals, those 2 things are big for me and for all the reasons listed above, I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by lawschoolnerd1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best lotion I've ever used. I am a near-compulsive hand washer so my hands get very dry (espeically in the cold Canadian winters), but a lot of lotions are counterproductive because they feel gross and greasy on my hands, which just makes me wash them more. This lotion absorbs fast but still moisturizes very well. It also smells amazing - the scent is supposed to be cranberries and other classy scents, but they combine together to create a very adult-appropriate variation of a gummy bear type scent. However, this product contains no frangrance. The gorgeous scent is actually a result of antioxidant plant oils in the product that help repair your skin. Oh yeah, and you can get the big bottle on sale at the drugstore for less than $5 CDN. How could you go wrong?! St. Ives really knocked this one out of the park. TRY THIS LOTION!