December 18, 2014 | 1816 users online

Eye Shadow - Avon - True Color Eyeshadow Quad Romantic Mauves

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by littlesparrows

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was pleasantly surprised at how good these shadows are! I thought they may not have good staying power, but they have lasted without creasing for several hours and they blend smoothly. The colors are pretty true to what you see in the brochure or online. They do look less purple/lilac than they appear in the above photo, more of a pinkish-mauve/plum. The layout in the pan is not the same as above, there are two rectangular shades over two square ones. There are four shades, each has a number and the packaging shows where to place each shade on the eye.

Shade #1, Pink Slip, the highlighter, is a little more on the pinkish/white side when it is applied than it looks in the pan.

Shade # 2, Mauved, is a little more pink/mauve than it looks in the pan- to me it looks a bit more light pink brownish in the pan, but it went on really pretty.

Shade #3, Silverplum, is a mauve/plum which does not show up with a silver tone.

Shade #4, Gold Plum, is actually a little lighter and more violet shade of mauve than #3. It does not have a golden tint.

They go on with a mostly matte finish, but not chalky, with a hints of shimmer. My eye color is greenish/grey/blue and these shades make them really pop. I use these shades for a day look and I add the Avon Stone Taupes quad's grey toned shades #3 and #4 to blend with the Romantic Mauves quad for an evening look. They also look great with black eyeliner applied to the top lid. They go on better with brushes than with the little sponge applicator that comes with it. The packaging would be better with a clear lid, but it does have a mirror, which helps. The cost was $5.99 on sale and I got free shipping with my order. I will repurchase in other shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by habana

This is one of my favorite palettes! I'm cool toned with blue eyes and blonde hair and the only eyeshadow shades I like to wear are rose-gold/coppers or pinky/mauves. Well this fits the bill for the pinky mauves. The shadows are kind of light and gives a beautiful soft romantic look. If you are looking for WOW pops of color, this isn't the quad for you, but if you like a soft everyday look, I highly recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got a free (paper) sample of the Romantic Mauves quad and it looks better on paper than on my face. NOt impressed with the "cheap" texture and lack of pigment. The go on sheer and do not last. Just OK. I would not buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by apsalmist

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

This quad has my favorite colors which are in the lavender/eggplant color family which is what I was looking for. Iím not into purples, but a pinkish lavender is gorgeous - okay so they call it mauve. lol. It looks awesome with a dark blue eyeliner. I use a professional applicator brush (bare escentuals). The color goes on like running ones hand over velvet, blending well, and lasting all day with no creasing. I also have a couple other quads the Textured Teal Quad & the Fresh Cut Greens Quad are are beautiful colors. Love, love, love the turquoise single as it makes my green eyes pop! I also love the rich creme single for just under brow & to dab in the center of my lid after shadow is applied for an attention-getter.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by blueroses99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Lovely colors. It's a shame they hardly show up. The shadows are very chalky and sheer. If you like very subtle, light makeup then this may can work for you. Otherwise I'd say skip this. I'll be giving this away or using is as light base for blending more intense colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful color, I just love the eyeshadow quads, they last pretty long and don't crease. I use the glimmerstick lip liner in perfect plum with this and it matches beautifully and lasts all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Avon eyeshadow quads have a beautiful consistency, they go on very smoothly; they're not chalky or powdery. They last all day and do not crease, and they do not irritate my eyes. They remove easily, and the colors are really pretty. I also think the price is very good.
However, the pigmentation is lacking. I can build these up with three layers of shadow, and it still looks like I have very little shadow on. It just doesn't show up, so I won't repurchase. It's too bad, because I love everything else about this shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Designgirl96

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite of the True Color Quads. The colors are amazing and they are so pigmented! I reach for this all the time. I have to make myself put it down and use one of the other million eye shadows at my vanity!! I will repurchase this again and again---though this will last me forever. Way to go AVON! Please don't ever discontinue this one!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

OMG!!! i love this quad. i used to be an Avon only girl...then they changed their formulas and i wasn't able to use or wear a lot of their stuff. i'm slowly getting back to Avon. so, i bought this quad...it was on sale and i thought the colors were pretty. i'm so glad i did!!! love, love, love it. colors are super pretty and pigmented nice. lesson learned...use a good makeup brush to apply. the little applicators don't do a thing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by BlackDahlia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This eyeshadow is awesome. It pretty pigmented, it goes on good, and it blends well. The colors are beautiful, and the mirror is cool too, even though I never use it, it's nice to have. The only problem I have with this quad, is that it's kind of hard to get open. Maybe it's just a bad batch, but it takes me forever to open. Aside from that I love this quad. I recommend this.