December 21, 2014 | 997 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder SPF 16 - Translucent

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by jlualwayyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am nc 20 in mac, this truslucent light is lighter than my skintone but i chose this shade considering the fact that no matter what foundation i use, it oxidizes in my skin. So i just blend this really well into the skin using sometimes eco tools bamboo bronzer brush or elf flattop brush and it looks good. I also pat a little bit underneath the eye area using mini kabuki from bare minerals, but if u have bad dark circles i recommend using liquid concealer underneath. The foundation is very finely milled, its important to not swirl the brush but tap on the product then buff into the skin. I find that this product does not last on my skin when i wear my sunscreen underneath. So i tried wearing this just on my bare skin (i have oily skin), surprisingly it lasted throughout the day and did not look cakey at all without any type of base or skincare underneath. The coverage is light to medium, which makes it great for everyday foundation. I would repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by scooterj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this DOES come in a lighter color *smile - tougher to find in stores - "translucent light" ive used it for years, doesnt change color or get muddy or break me out - i love using a flocked puff to buff it in (not the terry powder puffs, the pink flocked). can be had online if you cant find em in your area.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by tlmax54

I liked the coverage and the look and finish of the powder. I use a flat top sedona lace brush and pat it on for coverage then swirl around at end to blend it all together. I would keep this foundation, but like everyone else my complexion is wayyy too fair for even the lightest shade of this product :(

For somone who is naturally a bit darker, go for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by rca417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My first experience with this powder was in my junior year of high school, and at the time, I loved it. It provided an excellent, airbrushed-yet-natural finish and seemed to improve the clarity and texture of my skin at the same time. However, being a product junkie that gets bored very easily, I inevitably gave it up for something else and forgot about it. Fast forward to my freshman year of college: my skin was breaking out terribly (probably from all the stress and the transition) and I was desperately searching for a powder that would both cover and heal my blemishes. While in CVS, I spotted this and, having remembered my great experience in high school, picked it up in the hopes that it would be all that it was. Well, I don't know what changed in those 2 years, but this powder broke me out HORRIBLY...to this day it's one of the worst cosmetic breakouts I've ever had, and I'm going to be 23 in 2 months and trust me when I say, I've tried A LOT of different products. My skin must have somehow become sensitive to one of the ingredients in it, I'm thinking it's the squalane because everything else seems innocuous enough and has never caused me any grief, which is a shame because I really do love the finish of this powder. My bad experience was around 4 years ago so maybe during that time my skin has become de-sensitized to squalane, but I'm not willing to take that risk and try it again. If this works for you, you're very lucky. It's a truly wonderful product that my skin just didn't agree with. ;___;

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

I wish they made a lighter shade! This might work for me in summer, when I don't mind less-than-perfect matching (in fact I like to add a little colour, which this certainly does). Why so many stars for a non-matching powder? It's a pretty great touch-up or finishing powder, especially for oily or combo skin. It really mattifies, yet is smooth rather than flakey or dry looking. And the effect lasts a long time, much longer than many other powders I've tried.

Others have commented on the soft/loose texture of PF powders, which really can be annoying, but I guess it's a testament to the minimal formula with fewer "fillers". But it does make a mess, and the brushes they include -- which make the packaging bulky -- are atrocious. I throw the brushes away completely, and use that compartment for a powder puff.

The "translucent light" shade is actually very pigmented, compared to most powders, so that's something to note. For me that's a downside, since it's such a poor match for my skintone, but if it works for you, it can not only mattify and smooth out foundation but even add extra coverage.

So, I'm giving this 4 stars even though it doesn't really work for me, because I can see that it's actually quite a good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

i really love this product. it makes everyone look 5 years younger.
however the only draw back is that the brush is unusable and the powder is a bit loose which means it is wasted. but the price is not bad. it is not dirt cheap though. you don't even need a foundation under it but if you do put it over a foundation you look like a movie star. really!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this over a very light foundation or moisturizer. Also good to top off the ol' SPF. Cheap package and brush, good product otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by mommy2lj

Just started using this powder, I purchased because I am trying to find a more affordable alternative to my MAC Mineral powder.

SO far so good, except its a little looser than I am used to and I make a complete mess in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by teitei

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I knew I had a winner when I first put this on and it made my big wrinkle on my forehead less noticeable (my "11s" as they call the forehead wrinkles between the eyebrows, are starting to come out at the age of 46). I am very fair and the Translucent shade suits me perfectly. This pressed powder provides a nice coverage and helps your skin to look smooth and more even-toned. I have nothing bad to say about it except for the brush that no one likes....I agree that the brush sucks but it's worth it to me just to have such a wonderful and concealing powder that does not contain talc! :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Translucent, the lightest shade they had at Target, as I'm very pale. I wanted a powder to set my makeup but give some coverage as well. And let me tell you, this powder did exactly that and more.
It kept my makeup in place for hours, giving plenty of coverage so I didn't have to spot conceal after foundation. But what really impressed me was how smooth it looked on; not powdery or cakey, just very nice and smooth.
So why didn't I give it a 5, bump it to HG status and sing it's praises? Well, whislt waiting in the hallyways during a competition at school, my friend remarked that my face looked orange. I looked in the mirror, and Snooki stared back. Yikes! I looked at the brush I used to apply the powder when I got home, it too had gone orange. So I washed it clean, then swirled it into the powder, and sure enough, orange it turned. What a shame, I really liked this powder. Can't blame it entitrely on the brand, as almost everything oxidizes on my pale combination skin. Still, I would advise pale girls to look elsewhere. Those with tanner complexions could maybe get away with this product.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No