October 31, 2014 | 809 users online

Eyes - Everyday Minerals - Everyday Resort Eye Compact with Bamboo eye brush

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by darkhairedcogirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love most of EDM's products, but this one was a big disappointment. The colors did nothing for me, the brush is too small, and the little containers with the eyeshadow in it are hard to open and messy. I've been disappointed with quite a few of EDM's newer products, so I've learned my lesson and will wait for reviews to come out before buying. Still absolutely love EDM though! 95% of my makeup is from them. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very excited with the introduction of compacts from EDM I really liked the idea as I do alot of travelling and it is far less messy than carrying a dozen pots of mineral powder with me.

Unfortunately I have to agree with the other reviewers the brush is way to small to do anything useful with and frustrating to apply shadow on your eyes.

I much prefer buying the sample pots with a normal size brush and I hope they go back to offering that choice when you purchase.

I love trying out the colours EDM introduce each season but not if they come in this compact.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I agree with the previous reviewer. I really like the colors but in the compact they are entirely unaccessible. The brush is WAY too small (may as well throw it out). The holes are also too small for me to put any of my other brushes into. I could press the powders in another container that I can go buy, but then what's the point of buying the compact? The compact is essentially useless.

I also do not like that the colors are not labeled either (you have to individually look them up and match them to the pictures online). The compact comes with a mirror but it's super tiny as well.

MUCH better off getting sample sizes of each of the colors as it's the exact same price as the compact AND you get more product AND it's more accessible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really excited about this new compact release, but it's really a big let-down.
The four Resort eye shadows come in tiny pots that have less product than sample sizes. For the $10 it cost, I could have purchased each color in a sample-sized jar, which really lasts forever, but since I can never resist any new EDM products I went ahead and bought this.

It's quite tricky to use. You're supposed to dip the tiny brush into holes to get product, but I can't seem to get it to work for me. The brush is way too small to work for eye shadow, and I can't get any colors on the brush anyway. I can't open the pots to dip a larger brush into it, either. It's really frustrating because the colors are really nice neutrals that I would love to wear!

These compacts have been released with other eye shadow collections too, and they're all REALLY cute. But for me, it's just way too complicated and fussy.

Another bummer is that the compact isn't labeled at all, so if I do manage to get any product out and want to buy it again, I won't know what color it is. The photos on the EDM website are notoriously wonky so it would be hard to figure out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No