October 25, 2014 | 1697 users online

Self Tanners - Lancome - Flash Bronzer Transfer-Resistant Self-Tanner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by pattida1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is the end of sun season and I love the sun so in all fairness tried Jergens, Lose Water, Clarins, St. Tropez....but Lancome wins for even application (legs, arms, chest and neck), no fake smell, does not scratch off. (Guerlain for face though) Lancome a good price at $39.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by jkate0123

I'm a fair girl with yellow undertones and after going through plenty practically unused bottles of self tanner, I finally found this gem! It gives you a nice golden brown color, not a crappy pure orange tone that I got from sublime bronze by L'Oreal. Albeit, it's a bit pricey but its definitely worth the splurge. As long as you exfoliate before applying and moisturize daily, it gives you a beautiful tan. My co-worker asked if I've been tanning because of how nice the color is.

Pros:
Dries very quickly.
Doesn't have that self tanner smell.
Spreads evenly.

Cons:
It can dry out quickly, but you can mix a bit of moisturizer to fix this.
A bit pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

It took me a minute to get used to this product, but once you know how to use it, it rocks!

I mix a drop or two with a huge scoop of lotion, then rub on legs, this gives me a nice gradual tan, after 2-3 days, I have that sun-kissed look, no orange, no streaks, no dark knees/ankles/fingers. I find the tone a bit too strong when applied directly to skin, which is why I mix with lotion, plus I need the extra moisture.

Mixing with lotion also helps stretch the product life, which I think is great since it is a bit expensive on a budget.

All of the negatives (too dark, too streaky, dries slow, too sticky, too smelly etc) can be avoided if you mix with your favorite lotion!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by janeeugenia

You get what you pay for. A lot of ladies on here are saying its streaky - yes it is if you are applying it onto dry skin, for even nice color i use big sponge, mix lotion with the tanner onto the sponge and evenly distribute it all over the body, other than that the colour that you get IS ACTUALLY brown not 'golden orange' the typical cliche description you get. I am not super fair skinned maybe this one would be extreme for a very pale person. For pale people id recommend marcelle towelettes since they are mild. But lancome is light quick dry pleasant scent and awesome tan even in day light lol. Thumbs up

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hello, streak city!!! If you want orange, uneven distribution of product well here you have it. Oh, and you'll be paying a ridiculous amount for it too. Smells like classic self tanner and does nothing more than that. I gave it two lippies because when you do get some even color, it does look natural, and it does dry fast. There are no other benefits to this product!
Major cons to this product:

*Transfer-resistant? I don't think so. I'll let my bedsheets tell you if it's transfer resisitant or not.
*Smell
*Streaks
*uneven tone
*Orange
*Settles into your dry spots and creases

Unless you're a professional self-tanner applier, go for it. If you're in a hurry? No.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by buffydoggy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My local Sears ran out of the flash bronzer leg gel so I got this stuff instead thinking it would be the same-ish. Big mistake!!!! It's streaky like anything and so dark it gave me a unnatural orange look. Horrible stuff. It's hard to apply (my one ankle is dark brown) and just do streaky. I was careful putting it on in exactly the same way I did the tinted leg gel and it turned a horrible mess. Too bad I didn't notice this morning and I went to work with a skirt on! My boyfriend mentioned in the car that my leg looked orange and unnatural. Now I'm hiding my legs behind a desk! What a waste of money. Do yourselves a favor and don't buy this product. I love the flash bronzer leg gel (is sparkly) and can't believe this product is so different.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by roligrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was streaky, the smell was not very pleasant, and it was difficult to apply evenly. I did like that the color came on in a short period of time - but because of that, it was hard to apply so that I had even color all over.

I will be sticking to my Jergen's Natural Glow lotion which is reasonably priced and works like a charm.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by xoj3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a fairly expensive self-tanner, and for that reason I had higher expectations. It is tinted so when you squeeze the product on to your hands or wherever it comes out a very dark brown. Honesty, I have never experienced any streaking but I have experienced the sticky after-effect that everyone is stating. Another thing too is, in my opinion, this tanner is ONLY for your body. I tried using this on my face (bad idea) over night and I woke up soooo dark ... like I had dirt on my face. I still have a lot left which is a bummer but once it's empty I will not re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by MissyHertlein

I had skin cancer when I was 19. At 31, I've been using self-tanner's for more than 10 years. This product is one of the worst I've ever used. I had used Lancome for the last 3 years(the self-tanning milk) and absolutely LOVED the results. So when I went to buy it this season, they no longer had it in stock, instead they had this gel product. I am a pro when it comes to the application of ST. This stuff went on terribly. Didn't spread well, was sticky, just all around not an easy application. I will say, it does dry quickly, but is super streaky, and just not a nice even colour. I will never buy this product again, and would encourage others not to waste their money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by marissames

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried several different self tanners, particularly the popular ones like Dove, Neutrogena and Jergens to try and get a great glow. However, the majority of these either smelled terrible, or didn't show any nice colour on my medium skin tone.

This product is amazing because it's formula allows you to see where you're applying it, making it generally streak free! I use it on my entire body, including my face, and haven't experienced any kind of breakout!

In short:

Pros:
-great, lasting colour (even for darker skin tones)
-smells great (although the self tanner smell might come through after a few hours)
-DEFINITELY transfer resistant, I put it on even before I wear white dresses!
-usable on your body and your face without breakouts!

Cons:
-smaller bottle (with frequent use, it's empty fairly quickly)
-expensive price
-no SPF
-might feel a little sticky or dry when first applied