August 30, 2014 | 1753 users online

Loose Powders - Ettusais - AC Daytime defense extra (AC-oil control)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by marsqurine

I am reviewing the following product: Ettusais Medicated Acne Daytime Defence Powder Extra in Light Beige. I don't know if its exactly the same as the product as stated in the title.

I like this powder :) A refill alone retails for SGD$45 for a 6g packet. The 6g refill and loose powder container retails for SGD64. As stated on the website, 'Acne Daytime Defense Powder EXTRA is formulated for those who desire to have zit-free skin! This ultimate make-up cum skincare powder loves your skin while giving it coverage of a foundation at the same time! What's more, it protects your skin against all external aggressors with SPF 7 PA++ and contains our star ingredient AC-Control Oil to prevent and treat blemishes with continuous hydration. Fragrance-free, Dermatologist-tested.' This powder is light beige, and it is a good match for my skin tone. Even though it claimed to have oil-control properties, its not much different from the other powders that I had tried. It lasted for about 4 hours on my oily skin in this humid climate, before I had to touch up. I used my Mac 181 Small Buffer Brush to apply this powder, and it is finely milled such that it still looks natural after application. I like that it also gives me a dewy look instead of completely matte. It is also one of the few loose powders which have SPF protection. This had SPF9 PA++ but I don't think its a good idea to skip applying sunblock as I think that a person have to use a lot of this product in order to rely only on its sunblock protection. Despite its claims, I think that it only has light coverage and it definitely does not have the coverage of a foundation. For a no-makeup look, I recommend to apply this powder after moisturizer and some concealer. This product is available in 3 colours: Lucent, Light Beige and Natural Beige. Lucent contains SPF7, Light Beige and Natural Beige have SPF9. Hence, I think this product is only suitable for fair to medium skin. I find it interesting that this product is a quasi-drug in Japan, which means that it has some pharmacological properties. There are downsides to this product too. I have grips about its packaging. It is like a regular loose powder container, but it has a flip-top instead of a screw-on top. I had already thrown away the sponge as I prefer to use a brush to apply. The powder spilled out when I brought it out to touch up. Hence, I only used this product at home before I leave the house. The flip-top is silver, and its easy to leave fingerprints on the compact if you are not careful. The sifter holes are also too big. Its easy to shake too much when you tip the container upside down. I recommend to scotch tape half of the sifter holes to control the amount of powder coming through the sifter. Also, this product is also expensive, as compared to high-end brands. Each refill of 6g costs SGD$45. Hence, 1g of powder costs SGD$7.50, which is the most expensive loose powder in my collection. My Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder retails for SGD$75 for a 30g tub, so 1g of powder costs SGD$2.50. Comparing prices per gram of loose powder, this product costs 3 times as much as Chanel! A tub of this loose powder lasted me for about 3 months at the most. While this product was good, I can't justify spending SGD$45 to replace it every 3 months while there are cheaper loose powders in the market. I will recommend this to anybody with sensitive and oily skin, with big bucks to spare. I will enjoy using this powder, but I will not repurchase this without a major discount :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by brightpinkflowers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the sheer matte loose powder ( a new addition to its daytime defense powder).

This is said to have 2.5 times more oil control than the daytime defense powder but less coverage. I bought this when I found the zero pore pact insufficient at controlling oil (i like a really matte finish). This does not disappoint!! It has been wonderful at oil control, better than anything else i have tried. The only thing is this is way too expensive, it costs SGD48 per refill and the amt given is only one third of what you get from Clinique.

I have bought this twice and will repurchase only until i find a cheaper alternative..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product comes in 3 shades, I have this in 30 NAtural Beige, with SPF 9 PA++. The reason why I chose to buy this is because my friend and I have similar skin conditions and she said this helps her to control her oil all day without appearing oily. So I am very interested and buy this, it does a pretty good job in controlling face oil. My face does not become as oily as before at the same time during the day. I'm glad I bought this, yet I am not sure if this is the HG for me LOL