July 30, 2014 | 1438 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Tinted Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by RyRy1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone/ skin on the oilier side w/larger pores and would not recommend this. It left skin oily and highlighted every pore like a disco ball. I didn't notice much colour at all, just shine.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Killviolet13

I have horrible luck with BB creams.They either make me break out or the coverage sucks.. So I tried this tinted moisturizer. The only way this works on my skin if I use face lotion and mix it with the moisturizer.. but then it looks way to oily. Then, I have to matte it with blotting sheets. Basically, it defeats the entire purpose of using the product. :c

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this on clearance for a little over $2. It smells bad, minimal coverage and no real moisture benefits to me. Nice little pump container. Can't believe it lasted on the market as long as it did. But if you already like it, you should be able to find good deals on it as it looks like it's being discontinued. I do like other Physicians Formula products.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by keldar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok so I admit, I really should have known better when I bought this product. I was desperate to find a lighter base alternative to my regular foundation and was hmming and hawing between this and the Maybelline BB Cream. The reason I chose this was because, having very acne-prone skin, the PF touted the usual ‘hypoallergenic’ ‘non-comedogenic’ yada yada yada, while the Maybelline one only stated ‘oil-free’; usually Maybelline products will advertise if they are ‘non-comedogenic’, so the lack of this particular statement made me wary. Hence, I took a gamble with this product. I’d read many negative reviews and knew it was really iffy with my pale, yellow-toned skin, but I bought it anyway. As soon as I pumped out the first bit of product, I knew I’d made a mistake. The colour was NOTHING like the packaging implied: rather than a light, beige-yellow fair/ivory, it was a much darker, almost orangey-pink colour. I applied it anyway and was not surprised to find my face a pink-y tone, totally different my neck etc. Thank god I was able to bring it back and exchange it for my usual HG foundation, Revlon Colorstay in Buff. It’s too bad because the coverage of this stuff was light and sheer, and the consistency was OK, the pump dispenser was awesome, but the colour was just horrendous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

With my combo-oily skin I never seem to have all that much luck with tinted moisturizers except for Josie Maran Argan Tinted Moisturizer, but for a drugstore tinted moisturizer, Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Tinted Moisturizer wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The packaging is anything but glamorous but its pump dispenser makes application sanitary and minimal; it dispenses just enough to cover the face in one application, which is a first since most squeeze pumps I've used dispense about 2-3x the amount needed to cover the face.

As for the product itself, I actually enjoyed the coverage of this TM; while it's still sheer in coverage, it does a great job hiding redness and blemishes almost like natural medium coverage. The texture is a tad bit thick but still fluid enough to make spreading very easy, an it doesn't feel heavy on the skin once blended. The color, unusually, runs a little into the gray/neutral spectrum on application, but since it's sheer it's not noticeable once blended. I had Natural to Tan, which is great for fair-medium to medium skin tones.

As expected, this product is moisturizing and great for dry to normal skin, but I would caution those with oily skin as this may otherwise feel greasy or heavy on oily skin. Since I have combo-oily skin type, this does look too greasy/dewy when worn alone, but it can easily be used as an SPF primer for matte powder foundations or finishing powders, which not only sets and mattes the look, but also boosts the staying powder of the TM and the coverage from sheer to medium.

Something to be wary about this product is the strong fragrance; some say it smells like chemicals. I personally think it smells like herbs, so it doesn't bother me too much and it disappears quickly. But I would caution those with sensitive skin to check the ingredients for this before purchasing.

Also, this only boasts a measly sun protection rating of SPF15, so I don't think it's sufficient enough to consider it a formidable sunscreen for the face. I recommend a separate sunscreen underneath.

For about $12 for 1oz of product this is a little pricey compared to higher-coverage drugstore foundations, so I personally would not purchase this again. But for those with dry skin whose tone tends to run medium and are looking for natural coverage, I think this is worth a go.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by rubyred1004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first tinted moisturizer I have ever bought like 3 years ago and I just finished it. Not because it has that much product but just from using it here and there and I have finally finished it up!
Product is moisturizing but definitely needs powder since it feels like it never really dries. Coverage is very sheer but does okay to even out some of my redness. Goes on a little gray (probably from the SPF) and a little light (but thats probably just because I bought the wrong color). Not the best color selection but happy that it had a pump. The packaging broke at the very end but for the most part held up pretty well. If you have oily skin this is probably not for you. However, the best part is that it did NOT break me out & for me, that's all that matters. I will definitely check out other TM from this brand just because their ingredients are more natural and don't seem to break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by proudwelderswife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product:) I use it for my foundation and a great plus its a moisturizer aswell!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by kiyashii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this product last week because it was at a good price (though if it were full price i wouldn't have bought it).

I have dry skin. Very dry skin, actually.
And this product actually moisturizes my face, very well mind you. (and it has spf, which is a bonus!)
But for anyone with normal to oily skin, this product is not for you.

Because even though my usually dry skin now feels hydrated and nice, i have to set it with powder so that i have a non-shiny face (but i have always set foundation with a light powder, so this is not odd for me).
also, it doesn't give a lot of coverage. but if you have fairly clear skin and you just want to even out your skin tone, this is a good product.

it does have a fairly strong lavender scent, but it doesn't linger; i cant smell it by the time i'm done using concealer (less than 2 minutes)

so overall i like this product. but i wouldn't pay 12 dollars for it (find a coupon!)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by KatieLM00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product really didnt work for me. Kinda thick and didnt really moisturize. Not something I would buy again because it was kind of pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by boopipoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh, I don't care for this. Thick, greasy, dark (for something labeled as "light").