Becca Sheer Tint Lip Colour - Laelia

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Colour is subjective, but this suits my NC30/3Y05 skin tone quite well. This peachy-nude shade is a little more orange than MLBB, but it's still quite natural.

The smell is weird--a little waxy and plasticky, but the underlying sweetness doesn't seem like any kind of fruit or flower. It doesn't taste great, but it doesn't really bother me too much. Then again, I'm generally more disturbed by floral/powdery-smelling lip products than plasticky ones.

The texture is also a little sticky and waxy; it doesn't apply in a creamy way. It grips my lips a little bit when I apply, so I've been careful not to break the lipstick from the bottom (I feel like it shifts a bit when I put it on, though).

The packaging is gorgeous--it's a high-quality mirrored chrome over plastic (it's a layer, not just a chrome-coloured paint--it feels cold like metal when you touch it), and the lipstick twists into the cap to close, so it won't come apart in your bag.

I think this colour or product is being discontinued, because I got it for about $10 at a discount store, but it looks pretty expensive at full price. I would buy it again, but not for $40+.

on 4/22/2010 3:40:00 PM

When I first got it, I was a little disappointed at the color. I had expected it to be a little more peachy and vibrant, but as I use it more, I realize that this is a very wearable color (peachy nude) and it is the kind of sheer lipstick that I usually like. The packaging looks sleek, although a bit heavy. Hate the vanilla fragrance in it. Why do I need fragrance in my lipstick? I'm not sure if I will buy this again, but I'd be interested in trying out other colors.

on 6/1/2009 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know if I'd necessarily buy this again, it's more of a 'maybe'. I love peach nudes, but I tend to prefer them pale. This is a medium peach nude and goes on sheer. It might show up better on naturally paler lips, but on my pigmented lips it doesn't really do much, other than warming up my natural colour somewhat. That having said, given that this is a light-to-medium shade and not a pale nude, I'd prefer that it had less brown in it so it's more of a sheer coral. Other than the brown though, it's a very nice lipstick. I really like all the Becca lipsticks so far, I like the texture and they wear great while keeping to the natural dewiness that Becca's so awesome at.

Recommended for Medium Skin