October 2, 2014 | 1840 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Dazzling Khaki Chrome Shine

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by CaitlinReid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Found this after rummaging around my makeup drawer a while ago and I was so pleased. This is my favourite eyeshadow, as you can litreally wear it on the lid, in the crease, lash line or under your eyes. Normally I wear it on the lid and under my eyes very slightly, but recently I've been winging it out with my eyeliner and I've gotten plently of compliments. Its so fantastic because you can use it so many ways, It matches a lot of colours and blends very well with them. Fantastic colour, can be dressed up or down for day or night. Stays on very well and applies easily. Good for any skin tone and would recommend to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by marianab16

L'oreal Chrome Shine is an awesome collection of eyeshadows. If you are fond of shimmery shades (like me), you'll be delight with Chrome Shine. If you prefer matte tones, you'd better stay away from these shadows.
Dazzling Khaki (171 in Argentina and called Kaki Eblouissant too) is hard to describe. I'd say it's a beautiful silvery green. The grey undertones are remarkable and they make it a very discret grey-green tone which is totally wearable. The shimmery finish gives it a subtle touch of silvery shine which looks gorgeous. If you are afraid of green tones, Dazzling Khaki is a great option to start with.

It is said that Dazling Khaki is a kind of dupe of Lancome Erika F. The shades are pretty close (specially in the pan) but having tried Erika F, I must say that L'oreal eyeshadow is more grey-green and Erica F tends to look platinum on the lids (the grey/silver tones are the most noticeable ones instead of the green/khaki color).

The package is simply a plastic box, not very elegant, provided with a sponge aplicator (not very useful to me, I use brushes). The product last for hours. The pigmentation is delicate but very good. Easy to blend and to work with.
In brief, it's one of the most beautiful shades of green I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Happyglow

HG!LOVE!! im surprised these dont get as much attentiuon as they deserve!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ohh I'm in love with it. I bought it on a whim when there was a 30% sale and I'm so glad I did. I can't believe I'm the 3rd person reviewing this, why so less? If you like cool shades and always in the hunt for a great khaki like me then this is the e/s you should really try. It reminds me Mac Patina, a tad darker and more sparkly. I normally try to stay away from products with glitter/shimmer but this an exception. The shimmer is gorgeous, does not look cheap, looks very elegant, shimmers are dancing on your lid. I don't know how Mac can't do shimmers like this. The color pay off is A+. You don't need any primer for this baby. It stays all day without fading.
Here are my suggestions:

-Dazzling khaki on its own (on lid and crease)
-Patina on lid, Dazzling Khaki over it, Quarry on crease
-Vex as a wash, Dazzling khaki on lid,
-Dazzling Khaki on lid, Smut on crease
-Dazzling Khaki on lid, Club on crease.
-Club on lid and crease, Dazzling khaki over it
-Sumptious olive on lid, Dazzling Khaki over it, Smut on crease

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

I'm trying to remember how I stumbled across this little gem. I think I was doing a search for Fyrinnae swatches and found a swatch of THIS. I've heard of Erika F and seen pics and read the raves. It sounded right up my khaki-lovin' alley but it wan't available in Canada. When I found the pics of the L'Oreal equivalent, I did a search and found some on Amazon.uk and quickly ordered since there were only 6 left at the time. Well, now it's here and I've worn it for the past few days and it's true love. First off, if you don't like sparklies, you won't like this. It has a lot of very find sparkles but that's partially why I got it because it's so pretty! The shade is a cool khaki/taupe/grey. It's actually a little more pigmented than I thought it would be, but I don't have the Lancome version to compare, but I'm quite happy with the pigmentation. And I must add... I'm glad I ordered 2! Would I buy again? I already did. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a supposed dupe for the Lancome Erika F. I own both and can say that it does come pretty close! It's from the Color Appeal Chrome Shine range which I believe is only available in Europe. Priced at under 5 but you can usually get them on offer in Boots or Superdrug in the UK. Goes on very smoothly, not chunky at all, which is impressive given the *amazing* shimmer of this product. Seriously, it's the most glimmery, shimmery, sparkly d/s e/s I've seen, but manages not to look tacky, just pretty. Looks beautiful in soft lighting. I would describe the colour as a mid tone smokey/khaki green, but the pigmentation isn't great, so I don't wear it alone, I wear it over greens, browns and blues to add shimmer, and it works brilliantly. I've bought 3 other shades from this range but this one is by far my favourite. If you can find it, buy it.