Clinique Self Sun face tinted lotion

3.9

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I like this self-tanner. I was using the one from Dior, which is nice, but didn't give me enough color.

This one can look a bit orange if you're not careful though. Definitely don't use it everyday. I use it every other day, and make sure it's evenly applied. I wait 15 minutes before applying any other moisturizer or makeup. My face is finally even with the rest of my body, so I'm happy!

I would probably buy this again. I love Clinique's skin products, and I love that this one doesn't smell bad!

I think they must've changed the formula on this because it's not as good as it used to be. I used to buy this ALL the time, all through college and after and it was my go to face tanner. But since they no longer offer the un-tinted version, I've had to use this and I'm not happy with it. It makes my combination skin ridiculously oily. I use it at night and then the next morning wash my face as usual and my face is so greasy for the next day or two after. Plus you can't use it multiple days in a row or you look like an oompa loompa. Trust me - I know! Would not recommend...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This tanner turned me ORANGE. I was quite surprised considering everyone writing the reviews said that the color was very minimal whereas after the first application (this morning) my skin is DARK and has an obvious orange tint to it. Everyone's skin reacts differently to different formulas and ingredients; so it might work out for you. Unfortunately it didnt work for me, and I SO BADLY wanted it to :(

on 4/22/2011 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this product after I came back from vacation and wanted to keep that sun-kissed glow.

I've used many self-tanners before and I really like this product. It's light and you don't need a lot; it gives you a nice golden glow but if you put on too much, you get dark fast. My husband even tried this and seeing that he's never used any products like this before, I thought he'd turn into a raisin but he has a very nice golden tan.

the smell isn't as strong as some other self-tanners and goes away after a couple of hours. you see results within 1hr of applying the product.

on 3/15/2011 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is really good for tanning virgins or someone who wants just a glow. Me on the other hand, I live in San Diego, where I feel like we should always have nice tans and that's what I want to achieve. Hmm....

I liked it, but the smell was bothering me a bit plus I felt like it took a little too long to develop then too fast to wash off. So, I'm a little mixed emotions on this.

I must say it's very concentrated though. For the price of this, a drug store self tanner would do the same. Jergens or L'Oreal's Sublime is pretty nice, I must say

on 12/9/2010 10:07:00 PM

I bought this to replace my discontinued clarins intense bronze self tanning tint. I don't like it as much as I did that but this still does a pretty good job of giving me some color. It isn't like you just got back from the bahamas, but more like a light tan sunkissed glow. It stinks a bit when you first put it on but it goes away after about 30 minutes. I can use it in the morning without my face feeling icky during the day and it goes on evenly too, no blotches or streaks, even when it drys! It fades evenly too. I would buy this again, but I am still on the search to replace my former HG clarins tanner.

on 8/3/2010 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hope I am reviewing the right product.....mine was in a green bottle but they only have one self tanner for face now so I'm assuming they just changed the packaging. This was truly the best self tanner I've ever used.......looked completely natural and very discreet. Just enough colour to even out my skintone and match my body. I can no longer be bothered with tanning of any kind, but if I ever got back into it, I'd go straight to Clinique.

on 6/26/2010 3:32:00 PM

Love this! Use it once a week! Does not make me look orange like other self tanners. Not a stron smell. A little expensive for small bottle but it will last a while! Will def buy again. Oh ya its great on my sensitive skin no breakouts!

on 6/13/2010 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product, you need a tiny amount!!! delivers colour instantly, in case of mistake can wash off with water and soap:) I thinks it smells a little, but it doesn't annoy me. I'd rather say that it enhances your comlexion than adds tan - but if you apply a lot, you'll look tanned. You can mix it with your daily cream. Overall, it's almost a wonder and it's very cheap.

on 6/11/2010 2:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

*EDIT* I tried this product a different way w/ much better color/results. I used it last night after a light, watery "moisturizer" and the color is to die for! I was mixing before, I will be layering now, quicker, pretty color overnight!
I've become a fan of the "gradual tan" lotions so I felt as if this made me look slightly orange after just one application. (I am very pale) I'm now mixing the product with my Olay moisturizer at night and I'm very pleased with the color. This keeps me from making mistakes and it's a lot more cost effective this way. Will probably repurchase unless I hear of a super duper self tanner for the face in the future.