December 18, 2014 | 1737 users online

Makeup Brushes - Avon - Concealer Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Avon's Concealer Brush has "firm nylon bristles for flawless coverage" with "flat sides for overall even blending and tapered point for precise spot application." This brush was listed as new in the Avon catalog I ordered from, but I'm almost positive that was a mistake. I think this brush has been around for a while. I don't know, maybe they redesigned it. This brush ran me just $2.99, full price. I love how affordable Avon's brushes are, they're great quality and I don't think any of them cost more than six bucks. I decided to snag this brush because I've only recently gotten into using concealer brushes. I have a couple from Claire's, but I thought I'd try one that was a little better quality. I can't find any information on where this brush was made. Not that it really pertains to this synthetic bristle brush, but Avon does not test on animals except in their East Asian markets.
Avon's Concealer Brush came in a frosted pouch that I just tossed, I never keep those little brush thingies. This brush has a black plastic handle that's 5 1/2 inches long. The handle features the name of the brush in English and French, as well as the Avon logo, all of which are already starting to rub off. The handle is an interesting shape, its from Avon's "ergonomic" brush line, so it has a strange flat, tapered shape, but as the name would imply, its very comfortable to hold. The ferrule seems firmly attached to the handle and also has a firm grip on the bristles. As previously mentioned, Avon's Concealer Brush has nylon bristles. The bristles are a beigey yellow in color and are flat, densely packed, and stiff. Though the synthetic bristles are stiff, they're also flexible and silky to the tough. The shape of the brush head is pretty standard for a flat concealer brush; a squared body that tapers into a gentle point. So is Avon's Concealer Brush as high quality as I've made it out to be? Heck yeah it is, this is a great concealer brush! It pats and blends liquid concealers in so well, resulting in a natural and perfected finish. Like most face brushes, Avon's Concealer Brush absorbs a fair amount of product, so it needs to be washed frequently. I try to wash this brush every three days or so. Luckily this brush stands up well to frequent washing. Product rinses out with little effort and the brush head dries quickly. I've yet to lose a single bristle from this brush, nor have I experienced any splaying or loss of shape.
Avon's Concealer Brush is probably the best quality concealer brush you can find for less than $5. The quality is really great. The handle is long, light, and comfortable to hold. The bristles are soft but stiff and blend product very well. The finish isn't quite as natural as what you get when you use your fingers, but its very close. My expectations for this brush was exceeded, and I am so pleased! I would definitely recommend this brush to anyone looking for a new concealer tool. If by any chance I'd need to repurchase this brush, I would, but I can't foresee that happening any time soon, every Avon brush I've had has lasted me for years and years.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by strawberryblonde86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would not buy this again unless I lost it or something..but I really love this brush it feel very professional and blends well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Skindz

I got this for about $4 AUD which is soooooo cheap for a concealer brush. For $4 I didn't think that the quality would be as good as it is. I was quite shocked when I first got it because it was really soft. But the best part is that it doesn't shed. This is perfect for really good coverage. The brush is really stylish too. It reminds me a little of the MAC brushes. Anyway I would definitely purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

Although I already own a Sephora concealer brush, and and ELF Studio concealer brush, I decided to give this one a try.
PROS: I like the look of the product--sleek, shiny black handle and ferrule. No shedding so far. Great price! Like that it comes w/a frosted plastic case for travel or storage. Decent quality in terms of softness. Good density of bristles.
CONS: The lettering is already coming off the brush--not a huge problem, but I expected better quality.The shape of the handle is cute but not very convenient (wider at the end, tapering toward the ferrule)
Overall, I would consider repurchasing.