October 1, 2014 | 1880 users online

Conditioner - Aubrey Organics - BGA Protein + Strengthening Cream Rinse

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Aubrey makes some shampoos & conditioners that I love (fern & green tea shampoos, GPA protein conditioner, fern leave-in treatment, white camellia & jasmine shine spray) and some that just do not work for me. I thought this one would be a good bet for my fine hair. However, it's very runny & leaves a film on my hair no matter how much I rinse. It works a little better for me if I use it as a pre-shampoo conditioner, followed by the fern treatment shampoo. When used this way my hair ends up shiny & full, but I think that may be due to the fern shampoo & leave-in treatment rather than this product. It smells *very* strong, herbal but in a heavy & cloy sort of way, so beware if you are sensitive to strong scents. Overall, I do not like this as much as the GPA protein. I paid about $11 for it at vitacost.

Ingredients: Deionized water, coconut fatty acid cream base, organic aloe vera, almond protein, organic blue green algae, milk thistle extract, organic lavender oil, rosewater, Aubrey's preservative (citrus seed extract, vitamins A, C and E).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by hell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG conditioner! It makes my hair so soft and manageable every time I use it. The consistency is very liquidy so usually I use two squeezes out of the bottle. That is why I use it up so fast. I use it everyday too. I'm not sure if it strengthens my hair like it says, but it definitely reduces the chances of getting split ends and makes my hair really noticeably shiny! Without this my hair tangles really really easily because its really fine. With this, by the end of the day I don't even really need to comb any tangles out! It's even good to massage in your scalp because it doesn't weigh your hair down at all. You should actually put conditioner in your hair (you just need the RIGHT KIND of conditioner) because if your scalp dries out, it may produce more oil to compensate and that will defeat the purpose. This doesn't give my oily hair any problems, and I feel so comfortable using it directly on the scalp. I can't speak for those with thicker, drier hair, but if you have oily thin hair, and hair that gets tangled easily, you should definitely give this a try. Also i really like the smell! Took me about 1-2 uses to get used to it, and now I love it :]

Oh yeah, be sure to rinse it out completely!

Update: this is STILL my HG. i've been around experimenting with different conditioners and I can honestly say that no other conditioner lives up to this one. I mainly wanted to look for an alternative conditioner that has a more feminine smell (this one does not smell awful though) but I decided not to sacrifice scent for quality. though this scent also is pretty strong in the shower, it isn't offensive. This conditioner nourishes and smooths out my hair like no other and that's why I keep coming back to it. Bought my third bottle last week.