October 1, 2014 | 1137 users online

Polishes - MAC - Style Warrior - Peaceable

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Blahble

I went back to pick up this for a wedding after I bought Mercenary - I couldn't stop staring at the swatch I did on my thumb. It's a pretty colour for summer - not too pale, a nice touch of gold, goes well with my Asian skintone for both cool and wrm outfits and does decently as a pearly sheen with one coat. What I keep forgetting about MAC's frosty/metallic polishes is that they chip more easily, like they've put a touch of foil in its composition. And as the first reviewer notes, it's not *that* unique of a colour, pretty as it is. I might return this and look over to OPI instead. It does look nice on both hands and toes tho, and adds a touch of gold without being too flashy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I don't know why but this is the only thing that caught my eye from the Style Warrior collection. I am so glad I didn't buy it sight unseen though with MAC's current no-minimum free shipping code though, because it's easily dupeable and not very unique.

MAC describes Peaceable as a "pearly pale golden beige (frost)" which is fairly accurate, with an emphasis on the "pale" part. It's mostly white-beige and not very gold in my opinion. I was expecting it to be more goldish and warm, but it leans cool, especially against my currently tannish skin.

Application went on smoothly and it was opaque in two coats. After the MAC counter I stopped by Target and I compared Peaceable to New York Color's Mulberry Street polish (from their In a New York Color Minute line) and they're almost EXACTLY the same, with the NYC being a pinch whiter and the MAC a bit more metallic in finish. Overall I would not recommend Peaceable, especially since it's not a very unique (and easily dupeable) color. continued >>